Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

There's no reason to believe Kimbo is any good.

I'm not saying that he couldn't be "world class". But have we seen what Kimbo's chin is like? Have we ever seen Kimbo on his back?

Not yet. So I really have no reason to believe that Kimbo wants it any more than say Brock, who has just as much experience in the cage he does, or any otherinexperienced fighter in any organization.

Plus, you'd want it like he does if the paycheck were the same. The guy is freakin' headlining televised shows.

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

I consider myself more than just a 'casual' fan, but even I think a lot of so called MMA 'experts' underestimate what Kimbo might be capable of.
The average fighter doesn't have the desire/intensity to train like Kimbo does. Also, most HW's don't have the possess the killer instinct that Kimbo shows he has. I think he has the tools needed to be more than just a brawling-gimmick fighter.

He's too old. And I haven't seen much from him so far. He's fought two gimmick fights and he's about to fight another with Ken Shamrock (itseems). EliteXC is doing a great job building him though.

Originally Posted by Bastitch

But have we seen what Kimbo's chin is like? Have we ever seen Kimbo on his back?

Question #1) Sort of. In that first video he release on the ionternet where he let the dude sock him
roll.gif
roll.gif

Question #2) That's the million dollar question. He's been training BJJ with Bas for about a year now 5 Days a week. That should be enough time tomake him decent; possibly a good Purple of low Blue belt. If he does fight Ken Sham, at least he's been in the game long enough to know how to targetopponents' weaknesses, and Ken's ground game used to be good. So at least we'll see a good attempt at a takedown and not Tank's %%%%$%attempt.
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Really glad I didnt pay to see this fight. Kimbo destroyed Tank. But im pretty excited to see Kimbo fight someone who has skill that isnt 100 years old (unlessis the Natural) lol.

All fighters have a weakness. ALL OF THEM.

The key is to be able to exploit it. The power Kimbo has in his hands is a strength that may be hard to get through in order to take him to his back. We'veyet to see if he has any takedown defense also.

First person to come to mind in this type of scenario is Chuck Liddell. He has excellent takedown defense, which makes it difficult for ground fighters toutilize their own strengths. They also risk taking some VERY hard punches everytime they shoot. We've also seen that once he is put on his back, he'shard to keep there, due in part to his wrestling background.

FOR THE RECORD, I am in NO WAY comparing Kimbo as a fighter to Liddell!!!

^^ last i saw of Cro Cop he got smacked in the side of the head by that brazilian dudes foot... dude got rocked =\

this is the only vid of the Kimbo fight on youtube that can stay lol

the nothingtoxic one didnt work for me... if someones got a download or a link to the real footage of the fight pm me

Mike Bernhard: $1,500

Lorenzo Borgomeo: $1,000

Mikey Gomez: $1,500

Eric Bradley: $1,000

Dave Herman: $1,500

Mario Rinaldi: $2,000

Jon Kirik: $2,500

Yosamany Cabezas: $2,500

John Doyle: $2,500

Rafael Faijao: $6,000

Brett Rogers: $4,000

James Thompson: $25,000

James Edson Berto: $6,000

Yves Edwards: $6,000

Kyle Noke: $3,000

Scott Smith: $12,000

Ricco Rodriquez: $20,000, win bonus would have been an extra $40,000

Antonio Silva: $80,000

David "Tank" Abbott: 126,000, win bonus would have been an additional $50,000

Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson: $125,000, with a win bonus of $50,000 for a total of $175,000

This does not include backstage bonuses, etc. etc.

kimbo and tank got PAID!

smh.gif
@ yves getting 6k. he's fighting kj noons for the title, so im surehe'll be getting a pay increase.

LETS HEAR THEM PICKS BOYZ - i know dan henderson has always been overlooked and considered the underdog especially lately and always seems to prove doubterswrong - BUT im sorry, anderson silva is too unstoppable right now

Going to be a weird match for sure, I just could never picture Anderson fighting Dan Henderon. Dan is just such a beast and Anderson is so elusive. Anyway,found some cool photoshops

23456789gh7yn8.jpg

silvaspideysy4vg8.jpg

^Dope pics. Heres the full card for this Saturdays show:

MAIN CARD

Champ Anderson Silva vs. Dan Henderson (for middleweight title)
Heath Herring vs. Cheick Kongo
Chris Leben vs. Alessio Sakara
Yushin Okami vs. Evan Tanner
Jon Fitch vs. Chris Wilson

PRELIMINARY CARD

Andrei Arlovski vs. Jake O'Brien
Luke Cummo vs. Luigi Fioravanti
Dustin Hazelett vs. Josh Koscheck
David Bielkheden vs. Diego Sanchez
Jorge Gurgel vs. John Halverson

Silva by 3rd Rd. TKO

Herring by SD

Sakara > Leben just because

Okami by TKO (cut)

Fitch by domination

Arlovski by UD

Cummo by Sub

Hazelett by Sub

Sanchez by TKO

Halverson by KO

this card seems kinda weak asides from the dream fight.

MAIN CARD

Anderson Silva vs. Dan Henderson (for middleweight title)
Heath Herring vs. Cheick Kongo
Chris Leben vs. Alessio Sakara
Yushin Okami vs. Evan Tanner
Jon Fitch vs. Chris Wilson

Back
Top Bottom