Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

I am actually happy about this the draw. Fitch gets on by nerves with his sense of entitlement. No you are not the #1 WW in the world, and if you want a title shot so bad who bout actually trying to finish someone. 
At him actually suggesting a title shot after the fight 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. @%++ outta here 
What are you even talking about, troll?
eyes.gif
How many fights has he won in the UFC. Only loss to GSP.

And you act like Fitch wasn't putting in WORK in the third round. He was going for the finish. Fitch would've taken it easy it if went five. I still think he won that. He is no Rashad lay and pray. He grinds constantly and was doing damage (look at BJ's face). And Penn is one of my top 5 favorite fighters. Period.

Also, that illegal knee to Rivera was
30t6p3b.gif
Messed up the whole fight to me. He was dazed after that and never recovered.

Fitch was robbed... and if there's a rematch Fitch is going to destroy Penn... Penn caught him off guard in that first round, but i thought Fitch won rounds 2 and 3.. and Round 3 a 10-8...

But overall there were some great fights tonight... on to Thursday, Diego Sanchez vs. Kampman

Originally Posted by THE SAUNA

Diego Sanchez vs. Kampmann
Definitely excited for this fight. Diego looked great against Thiago, and I know that Kampmann is gonna be going hard after his loss to Shields.

i'm not sure why bj was trying for takedowns in the beginning of round one.  he should've went for the knockout early like he did against hughes.  fitch would've been put to sleep.  i think fitch should get his title shot.  he's beaten everyone.  just let him lose to whoever the champ is and he'll have to start from the bottom again.
bisping is a douche.  he only won because he threw that illegal knee and rivera was out of it after that.  i think he already had it set in his mind he was doing something dirty in the fight.  he saw him on the ground and wanted to knock him out with a knee.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

I am actually happy about this the draw. Fitch gets on by nerves with his sense of entitlement. No you are not the #1 WW in the world, and if you want a title shot so bad who bout actually trying to finish someone. 
At him actually suggesting a title shot after the fight 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. @%++ outta here 
What are you even talking about, troll?
eyes.gif
How many fights has he won in the UFC. Only loss to GSP.

And you act like Fitch wasn't putting in WORK in the third round. He was going for the finish. Fitch would've taken it easy it if went five. I still think he won that. He is no Rashad lay and pray. He grinds constantly and was doing damage (look at BJ's face). And Penn is one of my top 5 favorite fighters. Period.

Also, that illegal knee to Rivera was
30t6p3b.gif
Messed up the whole fight to me. He was dazed after that and never recovered.
Why the %$@% are you calling someone a trolll just for stating their opinion. He deserved his first shot, I am referring to him constantly campaign for a second one. Also:
-Do you really Fitch is the #1 WW in the world like he claims. Better that GSP?

-The reason Fitch has to win so many fights to get a title shot is because he grinds on people. He knows it, we know it, Dana White knows it. 

-Fitch was being active to keep the ref from standing them up, which I will give him credit he did a great job. Because explain to me were exactly he was going for the finish. He did not try to pass guard, never raised up to land a big punch. He said in guard, close to Penn and landed short shots. He never once tried to finish BJ, he just wanted to win the round.

^ Fitch landed some big shots on Penn in that 3rd round... Penn is like a spider on the ground with his JJ... He had to smother him or else BJ would have gotten up or tried to throw some type of submission on him.. Fitch did what he had to do, stay close to him and punish him for 5 minutes.. so dominate that 2 judges gave it a 10-8... There is no one in the WW division that deserves a title shot more than Fitch...

I thought the judges got it right 10-9 10-9 BJ 10-8 Fitch.  I've been crying about not enough 10-8 rds (Machida vs Rampage) and when the judges finally do it's against one of my favorite fighters 
ohwell.gif
.  BJ kryptonite has always been his gas tank, if he had a bigger one he would be next to unstoppable.  And Fitch grinds out wins, people complain about it but the opponent has to stop it, if he can dominate someone and control them to a decision it's smart for him to do, not exciting but effective.  If he keeps winning you have to give him a shot eventually, you can only put it off for so long or it will look like the org is a joke. 

Dana better throw that dink Bisping in there with someone who will KO him. I think Jorge could have but that knee messed him up. Bisping needs toget his butt whooped soon. Cheated to get the win then starts talking and spitting after the fight. Typical Brit trash.

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Dana better throw that dink Bisping in there with someone who will KO him. I think Jorge could have but that knee messed him up. Bisping needs toget his butt whooped soon. Cheated to get the win then starts talking and spitting after the fight. Typical Brit trash.

Bisping v. Chael Sonnen is rumored... I'd take this and watch Bisping get his %+% whooped...

Why the %$@% are you calling someone a trolll just for stating their opinion. He deserved his first shot, I am referring to him constantly campaign for a second one. Also:
-Do you really Fitch is the #1 WW in the world like he claims. Better that GSP?

-The reason Fitch has to win so many fights to get a title shot is because he grinds on people. He knows it, we know it, Dana White knows it. 

-Fitch was being active to keep the ref from standing them up, which I will give him credit he did a great job. Because explain to me were exactly he was going for the finish. He did not try to pass guard, never raised up to land a big punch. He said in guard, close to Penn and landed short shots. He never once tried to finish BJ, he just wanted to win the round.
laugh.gif
Sorry that was rude to call you a troll. I apologize. To answer your questions

- He isn't the #1 WW in the world, but he is by far the #2 WW, which means he deserves a title shot. Do I think that Jake Shields is the #1 WW? No. Koscheck has gotten two title shots and he's lost non-title fights with Paulo Thiago and Thiago Alves, two guys that Fitch has handled. So which WW do YOU think deserves a title shot before Fitch? Fitch has basically cleared out that entire division.

- Have you ever tried to pass BJ Penn's guard? They call him The Prodigy for a reason. Who cares that he was in guard? Did you see BJ's face after the fight? It was EFFED UP. You don't have to go for the highlight KO to get a TKO victory, which is where that fight was headed had it gone five. And please don't say "Why didn't he try to submit him?" It's BJ Penn.

^^^^ Mark Hunt's Swag is off the charts last night.

I would love to see him and Pat Barry throw bombs at each other for a couple rounds.

^
barry did not look that impressive last fight.  he's similar to cung le, great flashy kicks but mediocre hands.  hunt would move forward and pressure him.

Originally Posted by LLCoolMichael

^^^^ Mark Hunt's Swag is off the charts last night.

I would love to see him and Pat Barry throw bombs at each other for a couple rounds.

Hunt would get destroyed.
Yeah I agree Barry would win, but it would be entertaining for a couple minutes/rounds

Originally Posted by BC2310

I thought the judges got it right 10-9 10-9 BJ 10-8 Fitch.  I've been crying about not enough 10-8 rds (Machida vs Rampage) and when the judges finally do it's against one of my favorite fighters 
ohwell.gif
.  BJ kryptonite has always been his gas tank, if he had a bigger one he would be next to unstoppable.  And Fitch grinds out wins, people complain about it but the opponent has to stop it, if he can dominate someone and control them to a decision it's smart for him to do, not exciting but effective.  If he keeps winning you have to give him a shot eventually, you can only put it off for so long or it will look like the org is a joke. 

What round in that fight was 10-8?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by quiickz

Originally Posted by BC2310

ohwell.gif

What round in that fight was 10-8?
laugh.gif
3rd rd 
laugh.gif

edit: 
indifferent.gif

Fitch should have won but after watching them fight yesterday you can tell that GSP is on another level from anybody else in the WW division.

Back
Top Bottom