Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Fitch has landed the most strikes in UFC history according to Fightmetric scores
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I enjoyed the main event on Saturday, and felt like a draw was probably the correct decision (though you never really like seeing it). BJ and Fitch both showed a lot of heart, IMO. I hope BJ gives it a few more fights before he hangs em up.

Looking forward to Thursday.

You dudes cannot be serious thinking Pat Barry would destroy Mark Hunt
roll.gif

Pat cannot take Hunt down, and Hunt has the superior chin, and better kickboxing.

Originally Posted by rtz13

roll.gif

Pat cannot take Hunt down, and Hunt has the superior chin, and better kickboxing.
Prior to this win Hunt was on a 6 fight losing streak, and he got knocked out by Manhoef. While Pat has looked unstoppable on his feet. Mark is a better boxer but Barry is the better kickboxer. 
Unless Barry get caught with a looping punch he will tag and low kick Hunt over and over 

Originally Posted by THE SAUNA

Fitch has landed the most strikes in UFC history according to Fightmetric scores
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I was high on Fitch until seeing that 3rd round. I know his style is to grind out wins, but when you've got a dominant ground-and-pound position for almost the entire 5-minute round, you've gotta be able to finish it. His last 9 fights have all ended in decision. It's obvious he lacks heavy hands but that's no excuse not for finishing fights. Fitch got quite a few victories by rear-naked choke early in his career.  After he overwhelms opponents with his grinding style, there's no reason why he shouldn't be able to maneuver to a position to choke out his battered opponent. I began to feel sorry for Fitch towards the end of that 3rd round.. he was doing all that the ground-and-pound to BJ but didn't have enough power to knock him out.

As mentioned previously, I've been following Danny Castillo for the past month, documenting his camp for his UFC debut against Joe Daddy Stevenson. Here's episode 1:

Sonnen at it again hahahahahah

To: Joe Silva, Matchmaker Extraordinaire, Ultimate Fighting Championship
Re: Spitsbing & his tainted victory
Joe:
If you get a chance to talk with him, please mention to your idiot-in-residence Michael Spitsbing it’ll be a little tougher to knee ME in the head when I’m charging at him like a runaway train and mincing him through the fence like a boiled potato, should we ever have the pleasure of each other’s company for a few (VERY few) moments in the Octagon.
Oh; and I’d suggest to him being a little careful about spitting on any of MY cornermen, since any one of them can beat him up as badly as I can.
Thanks ever so much. Hope all is well.
-Chael Sonnen

Originally Posted by Burn916

As mentioned previously, I've been following Danny Castillo for the past month, documenting his camp for his UFC debut against Joe Daddy Stevenson. Here's episode 1:

Nice man.... where is he training out of? looks familiar.

Thanks...DC trains out of Ultimate Fitness in Sacramento, home to Team Alpha Male.  The conditioning clips are from Midtown Strength and Conditioning in Sac.
Just got off the phone with Danny earlier, and it looks like this video is making waves. The UFC featured the video on the front page of their site today, and the fight is now getting shown live on Facebook.  

^ Thats awesome, do you highlight 'Master Tang' ( I think thats his name) in any of the other episodes?  One of my boys can't stand him but the rest of us think he's the man and give him isht 
laugh.gif
 We always say that's Uriah and his crews very own Seagal.

Originally Posted by Juan Baller

I began to feel sorry for Fitch towards the end of that 3rd round..
Wow, this is one of the most hilarious things I've read in this thread. Did you see BJ after the fight and DURING the round? His will was completely broken. I could say more but what you posted was ridiculous.

Originally Posted by BC2310

^ Thats awesome, do you highlight 'Master Tang' ( I think thats his name) in any of the other episodes?  One of my boys can't stand him but the rest of us think he's the man and give him isht 
laugh.gif
We're highlighting Thonglor Armatsena aka Master Thong in tomorrow's episode.  He's their head trainer and Muay Thai/Thai Boxing coach.  He's the man.
He is both the scariest and goofiest person at Team Alpha Male, at the same time
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Juan Baller

I was high on Fitch until seeing that 3rd round. I know his style is to grind out wins, but when you've got a dominant ground-and-pound position for almost the entire 5-minute round, you've gotta be able to finish it. His last 9 fights have all ended in decision. It's obvious he lacks heavy hands but that's no excuse not for finishing fights. Fitch got quite a few victories by rear-naked choke early in his career.  After he overwhelms opponents with his grinding style, there's no reason why he shouldn't be able to maneuver to a position to choke out his battered opponent. I began to feel sorry for Fitch towards the end of that 3rd round.. he was doing all that the ground-and-pound to BJ but didn't have enough power to knock him out.
Wow, this is one of the most hilarious things I've read in this thread. Did you see BJ after the fight and DURING the round? His will was completely broken. I could say more but what you posted was ridiculous.

I'll take it from here an dee...

maneuver to a position to choke out his battered opponent?  show me ANYONE who has been able to sub BJ in an MMA fight... ill wait.
knock BJ out?  you got that list of people that have tapped BJ ready?  Great.  Now please find me a list of guys who have been able to KO him.

all sarcasm aside...

I've made it well known that I am an unrelenting BJ fan/apologist/nuthugger/etc.  Fitch really took it to BJ in the 3rd round.  I think Fitch's inability to "finish" BJ is moreso a testament to his coconut head and excellent grappling/sub-defense, than a knock on Fitch's power.  Just cause Fitch cant KO Penn while in his guard (I was fairly drunk while watching, did he pass to full mount at any point?) doesn't mean that he's got pillow fists. 

Originally Posted by Burn916

Originally Posted by BC2310

laugh.gif
We're highlighting Thonglor Armatsena aka Master Thong in tomorrow's episode.  He's their head trainer and Muay Thai/Thai Boxing coach.  He's the man.
He is both the scariest and goofiest person at Team Alpha Male, at the same time
laugh.gif
Cool, I'll be sure to email that to my buddy.  Master Thong should rock all black, with some cut off sleeves, and yellow protective shades, my friends head would probably explode 
laugh.gif

I briefly met Joe Daddy in Boston he was a cool dude, but your work here is making me a Castillo fan.  So I'll be on the fence for this, glad it will be aired on FB.  Keep up the good work 
pimp.gif

Thank you...the support is much appreciated. I honestly won't be surprised if Master Thong wears exactly that to the ring
laugh.gif

Joe Daddy is a good dude. He's actually trained with TAM before. Hopefully they'll have a great fight.

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

roll.gif

Prior to this win Hunt was on a 6 fight losing streak, and he got knocked out by Manhoef. While Pat has looked unstoppable on his feet. Mark is a better boxer but Barry is the better kickboxer. 
Unless Barry get caught with a looping punch he will tag and low kick Hunt over and over 
barry's performance against beltran was disappointing.  joey is a brawler & i think most people expected pat to put him away.  barry is all kicks, his hands are mediocre.  beltran was getting some good punches in which surprised me.  he was hobbling on one leg and pat still couldn't finish him.  hunt isn't in his prime but he can still move forward and connect with punches.

Originally Posted by shogun

roll.gif

barry's performance against beltran was disappointing.  joey is a brawler & i think most people expected pat to put him away.  barry is all kicks, his hands are mediocre.  beltran was getting some good punches in which surprised me.  he was hobbling on one leg and pat still couldn't finish him.  hunt isn't in his prime but he can still move forward and connect with punches.

Hunt's a K-1 Grand Prix champion, !!%@.

- Pat's Performance against Beltran was disappointing, I agree. But it had more to do with Pat not being aggressive enough. You can see he content with land low kicks, then he went hunting for high kicks, he was not being aggressive with his hands, throwing weak punches, clinching then pushing Joey away. 
-Barry's hands being mediocre is a joke. He made not have great pure boxing skills but he had no problem tagging Mirko at will. 

- Pat's Kickboxing skills as much betters than Hunt's and unless Mark lands a bomb on Barry, Pat will pick him apart just like he did Mirko. Probably worst.

-Hunt won the Grand Prix almost a decade ago, the favorite that year was injured in the 1st round and could not continue and he won a close extra round decision in the final. He was not even in the tournament the year before if I remember correctly and made the semis the year after and thats it. Dude had a crazy chin and good boxing skills but ask anyone who watches K-1, Mark Hunt's striking is not on the same level as most dudes that fought K-1 and his Grand Prix win is viewed by any to be an abnormality.

-Plus Hunt's kickboxing record is only 30-17, not impressive at all and a below .500 MMA record. 

Part 2 of my short documentary on Danny Castillo.
The last video was featured on the front page of UFC.com
Win or lose, I'm extremely proud of DC. Dude has put in so much work during his short, three year career. WAR LAST CALL
pimp.gif

BTW, anyone see his weigh ins today?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by therenegade23

SF's tourney delayed
laugh.gif

Mainly because the issues with Barnett and to give time to Fedor to heal up and probably bring him back into the tournament which i really which they don't and im a huge Fedor fan

I'm actually pretty damn angry hearing it's delayed. I was so hyped for Alistair to Destroy Werdum.

Originally Posted by therenegade23

SF's tourney delayed
laugh.gif
Whatever, their replacement event is
pimp.gif

KJ Noons is expected to make his return to Lightweight on this card.[sup][2][/sup]

Shinya Aoki and Hiroyuki Takaya are both expected to compete at the event.[sup][3][/sup]

Bouts in the works include:
[h2][edit] Announced Bouts[/h2]
The following fights have been confirmed by reliable sources, but not yet added to Strikeforce.com.
March and April for MMA
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

-Barry's hands being mediocre is a joke. He made not have great pure boxing skills but he had no problem tagging Mirko at will. 
well, no one has a problem hitting crocop nowadays.  you get in his face and he doesn't know what to do.
wth is strikeforce doing?  this tournament is going to take a year to finish.  should've had all the 1st round fights during the last event.  if they try to put fedor back in the tournament they'll be a bigger joke than people already think they are.  
indifferent.gif

they need to give noons a quality opponent, give him thompson.  if kj and gil both win, let them fight for the title.  i've been wanting to see that matchup.

was diego bald at the weigh-ins yesterday?  
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom