Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

160k bonus on top if their payout
eek.gif

Nobody lost
laugh.gif

I'm still pumped over Danny Castillo's win. I'm usually pretty nervous any time somebody I know fights, but I was extra emotionally invested after making those videos, and then finding out that those videos were the reason his fight was showing on Facebook. Man, when Joe Daddy had the guillotine going trying to pull guard
eek.gif
eek.gif
. When Buffer called DC's name, I was running around yelling nonsense like Ricky Bobby/Forrest Griffin
laugh.gif

I found myself cutting a lot of footage out, as I was honesty paranoid that Greg Jackson or Mike Winklejohn might see them and find some obscure, fatal flaw in Danny's game
laugh.gif
. Watching the footage again, he put together everything nicely, incorporating all of his training: changing levels with in and out striking, defending the guillotine, switching on takedowns against the cage, using Muay Thai with big knees to the body and even some of his first legit leg kicks. Not too many people gave Danny a chance in this fight. They can say Joe Daddy doesn't have it anymore, but the truth is Joe Daddy came in extremely focused with a Team Jackson gameplan, and DC just beat him. This guy has only been fighting for three years, and he's getting better every day. Hats off to my friend LAST CALL
pimp.gif

2+joe.gif

4+joe.gif

5+joe.gif

The more I watch Kampmann/Sanchez the more I think Phan/Leonard. First and second are clearly Kampmann's if you rewatch it with a careful eye. Sanchez maybe had round 3. I can only remember one, maybe two times Sanchez hit Kampmann clean in that 2nd round (first flurry that I think produced the cut on Kampmann's eye and maybe that end flurry, even though I don't think it was much).

kampmann should've been more aggressive.  he should know by now that judges look for that.  he was moving backwards a lot in rounds 2 & 3.  diego did hurt him a few times in the wild exchanges.  he gets in trouble when opponents bait him into slugfests.

Watching Bellator on MTV2 and Strikeforce on Showtime tonight... anyone else watchin the events tonight?

Well, if all five rounds were like that 2nd round, it might be pretty good. That was a hell of a 2nd round WOW. Gotta be 10-8 for Carmouche.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

damnn that sit up to double leg was DOPE!

wooowwwsw

what a traingle. SICKLY!

WOWWWWWWWW

That was unreal.  Carmouche dominated the 2nd and 3rd rounds.  To lose a fight that way has to be brutal.  Reminds me of Sonnen losing to Silva.  Crazy good fight.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

damnn that sit up to double leg was DOPE!

wooowwwsw

what a traingle. SICKLY!

WOWWWWWWWW

That was unreal.  Carmouche dominated the 2nd and 3rd rounds.  To lose a fight that way has to be brutal.  Reminds me of Sonnen losing to Silva.  Crazy good fight.
i'm watching it with some homeboys.. and when that happened we were all just like "WOW"  
eek.gif
  that was real nice...

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

UFC 127 was a dud last weekend, but two great shows in three days definitely made up for it.

UFC 127 was a pretty good card.... and Hendo with that KO! So fast i thought it didn't even hit!

yea, i thought ufc 127 was coo... but yea, hendo loaded up with that right hand... right before the knockout i said, he's looking for nothing but that big right hand... 3 seconds later, it lands and fight over... that boy Hendo
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LLCoolMichael

As a die hard Diego Stan here is my analysis on his last performance:
At the weigh ins it seemed like he wasn't his usual self. He didn't seem to be as energetic and aggressive as usual.

He then carried that into the ring as he didn't do his "yes!" chant and was very calm before the fight.

His appearance was obviously different. Other then him being bald he has gotten paler over his last two fights. 

He also had a significant amount of weight around his waist. He claims he's back to lifting weights again, but that ma not be the best idea.

He got caught right on the chin early in the fight....again. 
laugh.gif
 He needs to work on being so stiff with his neck. Especially when he's throwing wide hooks. 
laugh.gif

I think he did win that fight, one again displaying his heart, chin and intensity. I think a rematch with Hathaway, then a win against a Koscheck or the loser of the GSP  VS Shields fight would make him the #1 contender.

If he plays his cards tight and GSP beats Shields, They could be fighting right after GSP gets demolished by Silva. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
a very biased analysis.  not gonna blame you though, since you did preface your statement by saying you were a diego fan.

I think Diego still has a way to go before getting a shot at the title.  Just a few guys on the UFC 170lb roster who I would put ahead of Diego include (in no particular order): Fitch, BJ, Kos, Condit and Alves . 

While I admire Diego's heart, I dont think hes a championship caliber fighter.  Too many other good fighters in the division.

I'd like to see Diego challenged with another upper tier fighter to really show where he stands in the division.  Someone like a Stun Gun, Rick Story, Rumble, Lytle, Ebersole (based on his fight against Lytle), or Ellenberger.

Been watching old Wanderlei Silva fights all day
pimp.gif
... My man was such a beast in that thai clinch... Got mixed feelings about him fighting again just because I don't want to see him become a joke like Tito Ortiz seems to have become lately... but the fan in me still wants to see him fight...

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

As a die hard Diego Stan here is my analysis on his last performance:
At the weigh ins it seemed like he wasn't his usual self. He didn't seem to be as energetic and aggressive as usual.

He then carried that into the ring as he didn't do his "yes!" chant and was very calm before the fight.

His appearance was obviously different. Other then him being bald he has gotten paler over his last two fights. 

He also had a significant amount of weight around his waist. He claims he's back to lifting weights again, but that ma not be the best idea.

He got caught right on the chin early in the fight....again. 
laugh.gif
 He needs to work on being so stiff with his neck. Especially when he's throwing wide hooks. 
laugh.gif

I think he did win that fight, one again displaying his heart, chin and intensity. I think a rematch with Hathaway, then a win against a Koscheck or the loser of the GSP  VS Shields fight would make him the #1 contender.

If he plays his cards tight and GSP beats Shields, They could be fighting right after GSP gets demolished by Silva. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
a very biased analysis.  not gonna blame you though, since you did preface your statement by saying you were a diego fan.

I think Diego still has a way to go before getting a shot at the title.  Just a few guys on the UFC 170lb roster who I would put ahead of Diego include (in no particular order): Fitch, BJ, Kos, Condit and Alves . 

While I admire Diego's heart, I dont think hes a championship caliber fighter.  Too many other good fighters in the division.

I'd like to see Diego challenged with another upper tier fighter to really show where he stands in the division.  Someone like a Stun Gun, Rick Story, Rumble, Lytle, Ebersole (based on his fight against Lytle), or Ellenberger.

I think Diego could easily beat most of that list excluding Stun Gun. That would also be a very interesting fight.
But, with wins over Paulo Thiago and Martin Kampmaan, all he really needs is two more quality wins to get to the title.

Kos just lost, BJ and Fitch are having a rematch, Thiago lost a while back and Condit only had one impressive fight.

The only people I see giving Diego a problem as of right now (Excluding GSP) are Koscheck and Stun Gun.

cmon man, i know its easy to be blinded by your fandom, but Diego could EASILY beat most of those dudes cept Stun Gun?  Diego was barely able to grind out a decision win against Kampann (lot of people think he lost, including me).  This was Diego's first quality win at WW. He needs two or three more quality wins before anyone should even start talking about a potential title shot.  FWIW, I dont really consider Paulo Thiago a quality top tier win.  Aside from that lucky KO of Kos, Thiago didn't really face and beat anyone of note.

If Dana wante to derail Diego's WW revival, he would throw him in there with Fitch, so we could all watch the human blanket grind Diego down for 15 minutes to a UD victory.

Back
Top Bottom