Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by quik1987

Diaz rumoured to be GSP's next match up. I don't see why Diaz deserves it though.
Because GSP and Diaz have both cleaned out their respective welterweight divisions and it would be foolish to have GSP get killed by Anderson.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Diaz rumoured to be GSP's next match up. I don't see why Diaz deserves it though.
Because GSP and Diaz have both cleaned out their respective welterweight divisions and it would be foolish to have GSP get killed by Anderson.

Who has Diaz beaten in the top 10 WW fighters.

Diaz fights whoever they put in front of him.  Hell, hasn't he fought 3 times this year already?

Rankings are subjective.  I know its laughable, but both Sherdog and MMAWeekly had Daley as a top 10 WW and Diaz beat him decisively.

Love him or hate him, give that man his due.  He deserves the shot.  No one wants to watch GSP fight the human blanket (Fitch) again.

Just Daley.

But really, when all of the other UFC contenders got their title shots against GSP, their resumes may have been better, but by how much? Also consider that Diaz looks like he's in the best fighting shape of his career. Nobody can deny that he is at the top of his game right now, and the fact that he puts on entertaining fights is a plus.

Diaz may not "deserve" a shot, but it certainly makes sense. Nobody wants to see GSP take on a WW in the UFC that he's already beaten in recent history. Nobody wants to see Fitch, Alves, Kos, again. It's Diaz' turn to get a chance.

Now with that said, I do believe Diaz would have a TON of problems with Fitch/Kos, a ton. I wouldn't even put my money on Diaz in either of those match ups.

But sometimes in combat sports, matches that make sense, really sort of don't
laugh.gif

This is a good case. Diaz and GSP needs to happen before GSP moves up.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Diaz fights whoever they put in front of him.  Hell, hasn't he fought 3 times this year already?

Rankings are subjective.  I know its laughable, but both Sherdog and MMAWeekly had Daley as a top 10 WW and Diaz beat him decisively.

Love him or hate him, give that man his due.  He deserves the shot.  No one wants to watch GSP fight the human blanket (Fitch) again.

Yeah, Kos got the title shot right after beating Semtex and Diaz is riding a long winning streak. Diaz vs GSP is the biggest draw for the division while Rumble and Ellenberger move their way to contention.

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

^Not a rumor, is what confirmed they were an item. LOL.

Big ups to MayhemMonkey for the payment, maybe this online betting will be my new schtick?!
smile.gif
next time you are on the other side of a prediction, ill gladly take your money... i mean... your bet.  as you can see from my sig, my first attempt at an NT MMA Thread didnt turn out so well.

LOL, I was here for that betting debacle.\

Still stand by my stance that LegendK1ller is a back up screen name for someone in this thread.
30t6p3b.gif

Who you got for Rampage/Hamill???

Cmon. Dan Hardy got a chance at GSP. 
laugh.gif
If Diaz was in the UFC. He would take out a lot of the top comp. Not his fault most top ten fighters are in the UFC.

The real reason why Dana is giving Diaz a shot is because he doesn't want him to box. He also knows Silva will eat GSP alive.

^Not a rumor, is what confirmed they were an item. LOL.

Big ups to MayhemMonkey for the payment, maybe this online betting will be my new schtick?!
smile.gif
next time you are on the other side of a prediction, ill gladly take your money... i mean... your bet.  as you can see from my sig, my first attempt at an NT MMA Thread didnt turn out so well.

LOL, I was here for that betting debacle.\

Still stand by my stance that LegendK1ller is a back up screen name for someone in this thread.
30t6p3b.gif

Who you got for Rampage/Hamill???
I want to preface by saying that I hate when I get swayed by reading other peoples opinions online.  I honestly think that Hamill ONLY has 2 paths to victory (1 real one), but it seems like there are those who disagree.

1.  Page underestimates Hamill and comes in grossly out of shape, gets winded early, Hamill is able to takedown a tired Page in Rd 2/3, put him on his back, grinds out a decision
2.  Crazy ****** strength comes into play and Hamill tosses Page around like its a rehash of the old WWF Tag Team Match between King Kong Bundy + heel midgets and Hillbilly Jim and face midgets (less likely)

Hamill has excellent standup defense... well... if you consider that he has a pretty solid chin and loves to block strikes with his face.  I know a part of me is dwelling on the Rampage of the past, and thinking that he still has the vicious 1 punch KO explosiveness (which me may or may not posess anymore), but I still think that if Hamill employs the same "block punches with my face" strategy, he's gonna go to sleep.

They talk about Hamill's wrestling like its on another level, but Page's is no slouch with his TDD.  Rashad, who I think is an excellent MMA Wrestler had his share of problems putting Page on his back and I feel that Rashad is a much bigger, stronger, and more explosive 205er than Hamill is.

For betting purposes, I feel that I am basically betting on whether or not Page shows up in shape.  If he is in shape and focused, it should be a cakewalk.  If not, it could be a long night for him.  I think Page ultimately wants another shot at the title before he retires, and he knows that a loss to Hamill will pretty much nix that, so I'm hoping and praying that he takes this fight seriously.  If they both bring their A game, I just feel that Hamill is not on the same level in terms of power and talent as Rampage is.

If GSP goes for takedowns it is a wrap. That is what he would do. If he stood with Diaz for more than one round he would get knocked out

Originally Posted by Newbs24

If GSP goes for takedowns it is a wrap. That is what he would do. If he stood with Diaz for more than one round he would get knocked out
insert "not sure if serious.gif"

Diaz would knock out GSP in 1 or 2 rounds? 
laugh.gif

I'm a Diaz fan, a GSP detractor (war Penn) and I think that is an absolutely ridiculous claim.  Outside of a hail mary miracle punch that lands clean and flush, GSP is not getting knocked out in round 1 or 2 in a standup battle with Diaz.  You crazy man.. you crazy.

laugh.gif

I'm a Diaz fan, a GSP detractor (war Penn) and I think that is an absolutely ridiculous claim.  Outside of a hail mary miracle punch that lands clean and flush, GSP is not getting knocked out in round 1 or 2 in a standup battle with Diaz.  You crazy man.. you crazy.

GSP doesn't even throw the combinations he once did.  All he has is his jab and overhand right. If GSP just stood with Diaz he would get worked.  He wouldn't though. It would be GSP-Alves all over again.

Nick Diaz has verbally agreed to fight Jeff Lacy. However, a fight with GSP is still possible.

laugh.gif

The last two times GSP decided come out and stand and bang with dudes that were better strikers that him he got knocked out (Sera) and completely worked (Penn 1). The others times he faced better strikes he grappled with them and wore his opponent down first. 
GSP will not even even think of standing with Nick, because if he does he will get knocked out early.

I now hate gsp even more. If he were to stand with Diaz, we would see Ivan Drago vs Apollo creed. With Gsp obviously being Creed.

laugh.gif

Diaz hurting him on the feet is possible.  Diaz doesn't have great defense so he would eat punches as well and get knocked down a few times.  He always stands with people and somehow holds his own.  His style is so unorthodox, people have a hard time adjusting to it.  GSP is super technical but he might have trouble as well.  Nick has faced Smith, Zaromskis, Noons (the 2nd time), Cyborg, and Daley.  Those guys had an advantage in the standup and had more power, but Nick was able to hurt them.  I used to always think his boxing skills were crap, but I'll never underestimate them again.  He's proven that he can stand with anyone they put in front of him.

UFC Rio card is shaping up. Looks like we'll be seeing some brutal Muay Thai and BJJ

Anderson Silva (28-4) vs. Yushin Okami (26-5) [Middleweight title]

Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (19-5) vs. Forrest Griffin (18-6)

Edson Barboza (8-0) vs. Ross Pearson (12-4)

Luiz Cane (11-3) vs. Stanislav Nedkov (11-0)

Maiquel Falcao (26-3) vs. Tom Lawlor (7-3)

Spencer Fisher (24-7) vs. Thiago Tavares (15-4-1)

Alexandre Ferreira (18-6) vs. Rousimar Palhares (12-3)

David Mitchell (11-1) vs. Paulo Thiago (12-3)

Originally Posted by shogun

laugh.gif

Diaz hurting him on the feet is possible.  Diaz doesn't have great defense so he would eat punches as well and get knocked down a few times.  He always stands with people and somehow holds his own.  His style is so unorthodox, people have a hard time adjusting to it.  GSP is super technical but he might have trouble as well.  Nick has faced Smith, Zaromskis, Noons (the 2nd time), Cyborg, and Daley.  Those guys had an advantage in the standup and had more power, but Nick was able to hurt them.  I used to always think his boxing skills were crap, but I'll never underestimate them again.  He's proven that he can stand with anyone they put in front of him.

I'm not saying that Diaz's standup is bad.  Hell, I'm not even saying that GSP > Diaz in terms of standup.  I believe that Nick is the superior boxer in that matchup.  That being said, any claims that GSP would get KTFO after 1 round are still asinine.  Diaz may eventually get the better of the exchanges, but its not going to be a 5-10 minute $$+ whoopin by Diaz.

UFC Rio card is shaping up. Looks like we'll be seeing some brutal Muay Thai and BJJ

Anderson Silva (28-4) vs. Yushin Okami (26-5) [Middleweight title]

Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (19-5) vs. Forrest Griffin (18-6)

Edson Barboza (8-0) vs. Ross Pearson (12-4)

Luiz Cane (11-3) vs. Stanislav Nedkov (11-0)

Maiquel Falcao (26-3) vs. Tom Lawlor (7-3)

Spencer Fisher (24-7) vs. Thiago Tavares (15-4-1)

Alexandre Ferreira (18-6) vs. Rousimar Palhares (12-3)

David Mitchell (11-1) vs. Paulo Thiago (12-3)
when is this scheduled for?

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

when is this scheduled for?
August

Originally Posted by ludex360

maynard vs edgar is called off, both are hurt. 130 should be free on spike cause that card is weak
sick.gif
Just caught that news. Hamill vs. Rampage main event? Mir vs. Big Country cohead? EZ passssss
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom