Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

you think gsp got boring after learning boxing with roach?
Nope. Get after getting knocked out by Serra he fired all his trainers and hired the crew he got know. Before he was more willing to trade on his feet and let his kicks and hands fly. You could see his karate/kickboxing background. Now he stance seems lower and throws much fewer high kicks, low kicks and combos. 
He is so concern about safety it is like he would even push for a stoppage in fear he gets clipped like in the Serra fight

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Anderson Silva would eat GSP alive.

I don't know about other UFC fans, but I wouldn't even want to see this fight. I don't think it would even be close honestly.

We need Nick Diaz vs GSP

I believe that Nick is the only fighter at WW that will push GSP to fight his best. And after seeing Shields winning a couple rounds in the stand-up, I think Nick has a good chance. GSP will probably just wrestlefck him though
ohwell.gif

Spider will destroy GSP.

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

I know most of you think the GSP fight was boring, but he is the champ so I guess he is playing it safe.

It's not like he's a biatch like Machida and just running and running... pity pat, pity pat... and then run some more.

At least GSP stands his ground and fights and tries to initiate the fight, but it's like you guys are expecting him to go all out and try to get a knockout... if I was him and the champ I would play it safe too.

Not everyone is a finisher like Mike Tyson... this coming from someone who isn't a GSP fan too.

Machida on the other hand... that KO was disgusting, but I just can't stand dudes fighting style run, run, run... then run some more... it's so tiring like man initiate or try to do something.

Anderson Silva is a term they use in Street Fighter... he's a turtler, he just stands around waiting and never initiates anything... just stands there and waits for the other guy to strike and I guess counters.

But, none of you ever knock those two fighters for their boring style because if the other guys isn't the aggressor then their fights would/are borefests too. At least GSP was bringing the fight to Shields.
Uhhh Machida has three VICIOUS KOs in recent memory against top level opponents. He slept Thiago, Rashad AND Randy. It's called being patient and waiting for an opening. I'm not even a Machida fan.

You just called Anderson Silva boring
indifferent.gif
Are you serious or trolling?

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

I know most of you think the GSP fight was boring, but he is the champ so I guess he is playing it safe.

It's not like he's a biatch like Machida and just running and running... pity pat, pity pat... and then run some more.

At least GSP stands his ground and fights and tries to initiate the fight, but it's like you guys are expecting him to go all out and try to get a knockout... if I was him and the champ I would play it safe too.

Not everyone is a finisher like Mike Tyson... this coming from someone who isn't a GSP fan too.

Machida on the other hand... that KO was disgusting, but I just can't stand dudes fighting style run, run, run... then run some more... it's so tiring like man initiate or try to do something.

Anderson Silva is a term they use in Street Fighter... he's a turtler, he just stands around waiting and never initiates anything... just stands there and waits for the other guy to strike and I guess counters.

But, none of you ever knock those two fighters for their boring style because if the other guys isn't the aggressor then their fights would/are borefests too. At least GSP was bringing the fight to Shields.
Uhhh Machida has three VICIOUS KOs in recent memory against top level opponents. He slept Thiago, Rashad AND Randy. It's called being patient and waiting for an opening. I'm not even a Machida fan.

You just called Anderson Silva boring
indifferent.gif
Are you serious or trolling?
indifferent.gif

Machida's probably had ONE boring fight and that was against Rampage where both fighters were respecting each others power/style too much. Anderson's boring fights are a product of him being completely unmotivated or just wanting to embarrass them in a way worse than finishing them brutally. I mean Anderson might have one of the worst TKO's I've ever seen. (Rich Franklin 1)

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Anderson Silva would eat GSP alive.

I don't know about other UFC fans, but I wouldn't even want to see this fight. I don't think it would even be close honestly.
After what Silva did to Vitor, I don't think fans wanted to see that fight happen anymore.
I want to see what Segal is teaching those guys over at Black House.  Those kicks were vicious.  I wouldn't be surprised if he killed a few people with that move, word to the Mad TV skits.

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

Sickness Slowed Jose Aldo during His Bout Against Mark Hominick

www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/5/2/2148577/ufc-129-results-sickness-slowed-jose-aldo-on-his-bout-against-mark
Yeah, it was pretty obvious that Aldo wasn't hiimself. After round 1, he slowed a lot. Goes to show how awesome of a fighter he really is though. Didn't mention it post fight or anything. The only reason we know is because people in the crowd heard him arguing with his trainer afterwards.

I don't see Diaz even going the distance with GSP. Not that I think GSP would look for the finish anymore than he does anyone else, I just think that after Diaz was down 2-3 rounds to nothing, he'd get risky and then GSP would catch him.

GSP disappointed once again. Get DIaz in there with him. I'm sure Diaz will make it exciting. Not saying he will win but I can't think of anyone else fpr GSP to fight.

^
laugh.gif
  arianny should just stick to looking good and posing nude.  maybe even do some softcore cinemax type of films.  
devil.gif

she lost a few points with the rumors of her being with tiki.

^Not a rumor, is what confirmed they were an item. LOL.

Big ups to MayhemMonkey for the payment, maybe this online betting will be my new schtick?!
smile.gif

^
eek.gif
  mindblown.

i guess she likes bald dudes, first burkman and now tiki.  i think she dated huerta before too.

out of all the people though, she goes out with tiki?  
laugh.gif
  dude must be doing something right.

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

^Not a rumor, is what confirmed they were an item. LOL.

Big ups to MayhemMonkey for the payment, maybe this online betting will be my new schtick?!
smile.gif
next time you are on the other side of a prediction, ill gladly take your money... i mean... your bet.  as you can see from my sig, my first attempt at an NT MMA Thread didnt turn out so well.

Looks like I missed an awesome card.  Unfortunately for me, the only fight I was able to catch was the main event, and even then I had to pull some wizardry to get that to happen. 

Thankfully I had a buddy kind enough to setup his slingbox to his receiver and allow me to take control of it for a little bit. 
Thankfully I wasnt booked on a direct flight from Incheon, Korea to LAX and was graced with a layover in Tokyo. 
Thankfully Narita Int'l Airport had wifi available for $6 so I could hook into said slingbox player with my laptop. 
Thankfully my wife had the good sense to get up with 1 min left in the 5th round just in time to see that they were calling for the final boarding call at our gate (something tells me that my wife would have murdered me... literally... and dumped my body in some random bathroom stall in the airport if we missed the flight)
Last but not least, SUCKS that I went through all that trouble only to sit there and 25 minutes of GSP pump that jab and Shields barely attempt any takedowns.

I hate you GSP.

Back
Top Bottom