Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

You guys are crazy, 130 is still a good card w/o the title fight. Stefan Struve vs Travis Browne and Jorge Santiago vs Brian Stann are two match ups you guys are overlooking here.

Originally Posted by quiickz

You guys are crazy, 130 is still a good card w/o the title fight. Stefan Struve vs Travis Browne and Jorge Santiago vs Brian Stann are two match ups you guys are overlooking here.
true, but its still a hard sell.  people shell out $60 for the ppv to see a couple of premiere (household name type) fighters go at it, or to see title fights.  UFC 130 lost a lot of the name/star value without the championship fight.

ufc 130 is still a decent card but definitely not worth the pay per view money.. Last two times Rampage has headlined those fights have pretty much put me to sleep... and i have no interest what so ever in watching Stefan Struve fight... I am still looking forward to Jorge Santiago vs. Brian Stann and Frank Mir vs. Roy Nelson... and I actually think Thiago Alves vs Rick The Horror Story should be entertaining... if anything Dana White should discount this ppv
laugh.gif
if not i expect this to be the lowest selling ppv in awhile..

C'mon, this is better than the 127 card by far... I stopped criticizing cards because the ones that go under the radar end up being the better ones.

Originally Posted by quiickz

#cmonson

130 is not a good card. With all the talent they now have, this card is garbage. I'll probably go to a bar to watch anyways, but no way this deserves a PPV buy.

Santiago/ Stann has potential, but I expect every card to be stacked nowadays. You shelling out 60 bones for this?

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by shogun

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

I'm not saying that Diaz's standup is bad.  Hell, I'm not even saying that GSP > Diaz in terms of standup.  I believe that Nick is the superior boxer in that matchup.  That being said, any claims that GSP would get KTFO after 1 round are still asinine.  Diaz may eventually get the better of the exchanges, but its not going to be a 5-10 minute $$+ whoopin by Diaz.

Oh, ok I get what you're saying now.  I should've read it more carefully.  If George starts taking damage in the early rounds he'll just take the fight to the ground and hold him there anyway.
Sucks that Edgar and Maynard both got injured.  I think most just want that fight over with already and for new people to get a shot.  It was reported that Gray was offered a replacement fight with Pettis.

Anyone ever have any experience with local amateur MMA events?

I just went to my first amateur show this past weekend at Savant Young's gym (Fight Academy) out in Pasadena, CA. My brother in law had his 1st ammy fight that night, so I went to support the family. Was a very entertaining night, and it was good to see some local kids get in there and mix it up. It also gave me further confirmation about my motto/theory of "never pick a fight in Vegas, cause you never know which dudes can wreck shop" (not that I'm one to pick a fight ever). There were some little unassuming dudes on the card that were tearing it up. Never know when you got the next Kenny Florian type standing next to you.

Jim Miller vs. Ben Henderson @ UFC on Versus 5 in August
eek.gif

So juiced for this fight, even though I'm a big fan of both guys. I really have no idea how this will turn out. They both looked like men possessed in their last fights
laugh.gif

Until Daley sucked punched Kos, Barnett was on the top of Dana's hated list. I'd like to see Barnett in the UFC if he wins the GP. (Assuming he is clean)

^
The GP is taking forever.  They should've just put all the 1st round matchups on one card.  Then the 2nd round fights on the next card.  I briefly forgot there was even a tournament.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Jim Miller vs. Ben Henderson @ UFC on Versus 5 in August
eek.gif

So juiced for this fight, even though I'm a big fan of both guys. I really have no idea how this will turn out. They both looked like men possessed in their last fights
laugh.gif
Great news!  This is the first I had heard of this fight.  I just wish there wasnt such a logjam at the top of the 155 division.  Miller needs to get a title shot sooner than later.

Brock forced to pull out of UFC 131 - diverticulitis again.
frown.gif
Hope for a full recovery.

HOWEVER, now we have Shane Carwin vs. Junior Dos Santos.
eek.gif
pimp.gif

damn... i was looking forward to watching JDS to throw hands and put Brock to sleep.

Carwin is gonna be a much tougher challenge.

Back
Top Bottom