Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Urijah fought a bad fight.

thats my son but damn those one punch haymakers was silly. no body work... no shoots...

I dunno, I ex[pect more from dude.

still my favorite guy

I had Cruz winning the 5th t o take the Dub

didnt it look like Cruz was dead tired in the 5th? Faber just let him lay on him and rest.

50-45 is ridiculous. Siver winning tonight was weird as well. The only way to fix this is for more MMA fighters, trainers, and fans to start applying for jobs as judges.

Originally Posted by quiickz

The only way to fix this is for more MMA fighters, trainers, and fans to start applying for jobs as judges.

I bet they get paid damn well as well smh.

^
The problem with that is the potential bias.  If someone is your teammate, or your student, or someone you hate it could affect your scoring.

Originally Posted by shogun

^
The problem with that is the potential bias.  If someone is your teammate, or your student, or someone you hate it could affect your scoring.

Eh, we're all human and its not like some judges aren't biased already. 

the card delivered for the most part...last fight was pretty wack, wasn't all that entertained. But the early finishes and the Leben fight...all awesome

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

the card delivered for the most part...last fight was pretty wack, wasn't all that entertained. But the early finishes and the Leben fight...all awesome

Seriously? The main event was a very close and exciting fight to watch. I don't agree with the score but still main-event worthy. 

i was a little nervous seeing cruz breathing heavy near the end of the 1st but my dude pulled it off 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Haha I'm not mad at you but damn

Leben's fight showcased little skill, but he did showcase a hell of a chin and an inhuman ability to brawl.

Main event was so much more impressive IMO

Did Dana White say that winner of Evans v Davis is going to fight Bones for the title next?

I was look forward to Bones v Jackson @ 135.?

Originally Posted by quik1987

Condit and GSP both under Greg Jackson, do they still fight?
Condit said he'd fight GSP.

But I hope Diaz wins. I'm so juiced for that fight. Third time in Vegas
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by quik1987

Condit and GSP both under Greg Jackson, do they still fight?
Condit said he'd fight GSP.

But I hope Diaz wins. I'm so juiced for that fight. Third time in Vegas
pimp.gif
Nice

Going to the event at the Shark Tank?

First of all...what an exciting card? When do you ever see that many finishes in one event? Even the decisions were good scraps. Wow.

- Condit has always had the right type of swagger in the octagon. I used to snicker at the "NBK" nickname, but he ALWAYS looks for the finish. He's starting to really come into his own. I don't think he ever fights GSP, but I do see him getting a title shot in 2012.

- Melvin is putting it all together. His power is devastating. I don't know if he'll ever win the strap, but he is money when it comes to entertaining fights. 
- Tito 
laugh.gif
...what can you say? I have never been a fan, but I must say, I cheered on the "grave digger" celebration for the first time tonight.  

- Poor Wand... 
tired.gif

- That main event reminded me why I was such a huge WEC fan. You can't even check your phone for two seconds during a bantamweight fight. I felt like Urijah did enough to win...I think knockdowns win rounds in most fights, and I had it 48-47. Cruz hit the knee tap a number of times, but it was always countered into a scramble...Looking back on the fight, though, I'm not mad. Both fighters should be proud of their performances. I think it was a win for the lighter weight classes. Congrats to Cruz. Let's see a rubber match in 4 or 5 months.

Yeah, Condit did say he would fight George.  The question would be who would Greg Jackson train for that fight.  I think Condit would stay there and George would be up in Tri-Star and find another coach for strategy.  I didn't like Condit in the WEC but he's been impressive in his last 3 fights.  He's fearless and will fight you standing or on the ground.  I'd rather watch him fight Diaz, it would be fight of the year for sure.
Tito 
laugh.gif
.  He landed an earlier punch that dazed Bader a bit and I told my brother he might actually get a KO.  A few seconds later Bader got rocked.

I don't know what's next for Wand.  His chin doesn't hold up to his brawling style anymore.  Leben should get his punching power measured, dude barely grazes people and they're already wobbly.  I'd love to see him fight Anderson again just for the entertainment value.  If he avoids knees he could probably absorb a few dozen punches from him.

I need to re watch the main event, but I also thought Faber did enough to in the fight or at least lose to a split decision. This was just as close a fight (if not closer) as Joseph Benavidez vs Cruz II fight, and that was a split decision. But it was a good fight. This was the first fight that I didnt take my eyes off the screen for one second since Edgar/Maynard II
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom