Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

They need to do one at MSG as soon as the law is passed. Then bless the people at Brooklyn by doing another event at the Barclays Center when its finished building. Would be so dope.

Is it just me, or has UFC 142 been lacking some press coverage? I would imagine they would try to make it a big deal since they are traveling to Rio and the FW Championship Belt is on the line.

Am I the only one who isn't as excited for UFC 142? I know that there is a title fight on there but I am not really amped up for it. I think Aldo should win pretty easy and Vitor will take out Rumble with ease also.

Originally Posted by chino905

Is it just me, or has UFC 142 been lacking some press coverage? I would imagine they would try to make it a big deal since they are traveling to Rio and the FW Championship Belt is on the line.

Didn't even see your post before I sent mine haha. 

UFC 142 was plagued by injuries. Both Nedkov and Maldonado got hurt, which should have been a really good fight. Bahadurzada and Paulo Thiago pulled-out, as well. I was really looking forward to Siyar's debut. The only good thing that came out of the injuries, was Gonzaga filling in, but I think he might get knocked-out in his fight.
laugh.gif

Stout/Tavares, Etim/Barboza, and Rumble/Vitor should all be interesting. I'm expecting Palhares to snap someones limb off, but I have a weird feeling that it could end up being a good fight.

Seems like a lot of people are underestimating Rumble. His stand-up is competent enough to stand with Vitor and he should be able to take Vitor down, as well. If Vitor doesn't swarm and knockout Johnson within the 1st-round, Vitor will probably crumble and I think Johnson will grind out a decision. Rumble fighting at MW is a wild card, though. But I'd imagine him not having to cut those extra 15 pounds will be very beneficial for him. He'll more than likely have the size advantage.

Not really looking forward to Aldo/Mendes, to be honest. Belfort/Johnson is the true main event in my eyes.

Mendes shouldn't be in any main event.  Aldo should move up soon.  He doesn't have any big fights left at FW.

^ IMO It wouldn't make sense for Vitor to fight Wanderlei because even if he won, it wouldn't do much to help him get another title shot at Anderson. Vitor should aim to fight the loser of Munoz/Sonnon, or fight Stann, Maia, or Bisping.

They were giving away free tickets for UFC RIO on Xbox Live last night. All sold out now but they may release some more tomorrow before the fights

Anthony Johnson came in at 197 lbs for his middleweight fight, they are changing the fight to light heavyweight and if Johnson isn't under or at 205 by sat, the fight may be cancel.  

He really didn't. It's a huge disgrace and the fight is now tainted. Regardless of the outcome, he might as well just move all the way up to LHW or risk being fired.

This could be Anthony Johnson last fight in the UFC, the many times he has missed weight and having him missing weight in a co-main event bout, this may be it for him.

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Originally Posted by justscrap

Anthony Johnson came in at 197 lbs for his middleweight fight 
When they announced his weight
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Damn.  
laugh.gif

This fool moved up a whole freakin weight class and still can't make weight?  
eek.gif

The UFC should've fired him after his arrest for domestic violence.  He's been given too many chances.

Back
Top Bottom