Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

rumble-june.jpg
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i just read that AJ was at inbetween 186 and 188 a few hours before the weigh in but wasnt feeling well so they took him to a doctor, probably put him on IVs which probably brought his weight back up

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Medical Reasons Prevent Anthony Johnson From Making Weight[/h1]
Posted on January 13, 2012 by Damon Martin

Needless to say, Friday was a tough day for UFC middleweight Anthony Johnson.

On the eve of his debut fight at 185lbs against Vitor Belfort in the co-main event of UFC 142 in Brazil, Johnson woke up on Friday morning feeling good and ready to go for his bout on Saturday.

Johnson has fought most of his career at 170lbs, but had struggled in the past to make the welterweight division limit so most believed a shift to 185lbs would be the perfect move.

It all backfired for Johnson on Friday as he cut weight for the fight.

According to Johnson’s manager Glenn Robinson of Authentic Sports Management, who spoke to MMAWeekly.com on Friday, ‘Rumble’ woke up on Friday morning weighing 191.5lbs, only 5.5lbs away from the 186lb weight limit for middleweight.

With three hours to go until weigh-ins, Johnson was only a pound and a half away from making weight when his body started feeling off.

Robinson says that Johnson started feeling sick and unstable, and so a local doctor came in to check him out to see what exactly was going on.

The doctor gave Johnson fluids to see if it would improve his condition, and within a couple of hours, the Blackzilian fighter started to come back to life. Unfortunately, at this point it was too late to cut the weight back down to 186lbs.

“It was medical reasons, it wasn’t for lack of effort,

Brahs Micrsoft is giving away 142 for free. If you an Xbox lie gold member download the UFC app and click on the UFC 142 tile. The fight will come up for 0.00. Only 10,000 spots, already got mine. Everyone is eligible 

Just a heads-up for those who don't know, it looks like there's gonna be 4 prelim fights on FX starting @ 8pm (est). I don't know why, but only the first prelim fight will supposedly be on Facebook.

My picks for tonight:
77886.png

I don't really see too many finishes happening tonight, but who knows.

I originally had Rumble winning via decision and was very confident in that pick, but I think the weight issues will drain him and he could very well get knocked-out. Screw it, I'm gonna stick with Rumble. I know it's a different set of circumstances this time but he's always dealt with weight issues and he's still looked solid in most of his fights. I just don't trust Vitor, especially after the fight goes pass the 1st-round. I also have a lot of faith in his stand-up and think he can knock Vitor out.

Palhares is rightfully a favorite, but I'm surprised Massenzio is such a huge underdog. I never know what to expect from Palhares because he's such a lunatic and I just have this weird feeling the fight could be a war. However, I'm gonna go with the safe pick and assume Palhares is gonna rip his leg off, but I don't know.
laugh.gif

Not really too confident in my picks. I think a lot of these fights seem evenly matched on paper and could go either way.

Originally Posted by APH

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

What's the deal with the prelims being 2 hours?

Spike only televised 2 fights, FX will be doing 4, hence the extra hour.

Pay per view officially starts at 6pm(west coast) 9pm(east coast)Or7pm(west coast) 10pm (east coast)?

Originally Posted by APH

What's the deal with the prelims being 2 hours?

Spike only televised 2 fights, FX will be doing 4, hence the extra hour.

Pay per view officially starts at 6pm(west coast) 9pm(east coast)Or7pm(west coast) 10pm (east coast)?

UFC changed all the future PPV times back to 10pm (eastern) starting with UFC 141. So, yeah, PPV starts at 10pm.

The first FX prelim fight is starting right now.

Back
Top Bottom