Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

great main card. Barboza's spinning heel kick i was literally like
eek.gif

Rumble should just go to strikeforce he can probably get a title shot right away lol

i think Aldo should stay at featherweight for awhile, the new division is new, Aldo should fight featherweight contenders to build up their names and have fans get familiar with the other featherweight fighters and  having him move up leaves a hole in a brand new weight class. There are some guys he could face depending on their next couple of fights goes like Hatsu Hioki, Chan Sung Jung, Dustin Poirier, Ross Pearson(maybe) and some fighters outsider the UFC like Tatsuya Kawajiri. their striking may not be as strong as Aldo but they could put up good fights. 

^ agree with everything you said. Also, they said Aldo and his camp has changed his dieting since he's natually been putting on more pounds, so this weight cut was much easier than his previous weight cuts against Hominick and Florian. Which is probably why we saw the usual dominant Jose Aldo on Saturday.

Would anyone else be in favor of a new thread for 2012? This one is way too long and posts are always disappearing.

Mark Munoz is injured and OUT of UFC on Fox. It will now be Sonnen vs Bisping with the winner getting the shot at Anderson Silva.

Also

UFC 145 from Montreal on March 24 has been CANCELLED.

Crazy day of MMA news. More details to come.

Sonnen should beat Bisping.

I wonder if UFC 145 was cancelled bc it wasnt looking like a strong ppv worthy card on paper.

And did they say what happens wit the Fox card? Are there going to be 2 fights instead of 1 now, or will they bump up one of the undercard fights to the main card?

Originally Posted by chino905

And did they say what happens wit the Fox card? Are there going to be 2 fights instead of 1 now, or will they bump up one of the undercard fights to the main card?

It's a 2 hour show, they're going to have to bump one of the undercard fights up.

Man I was really looking forward to Sonnen-Munoz. On paper Sonnen will dominate Bisping with his wrestling. Part of me want him to get KO'ed though for all the shhh he has been talking lately.

On another note I am so mad that Comcast in Seattle does not carry Fuel TV. I pay them enough already. They seriously need to consider carrying it though with all the UFC programming on this channel now. Smarten up Comcast!

Originally Posted by jayt206

Man I was really looking forward to Sonnen-Munoz. On paper Sonnen will dominate Bisping with his wrestling. Part of me want him to get KO'ed though for all the shhh he has been talking lately.

On another note I am so mad that Comcast in Seattle does not carry Fuel TV. I pay them enough already. They seriously need to consider carrying it though with all the UFC programming on this channel now. Smarten up Comcast!

Comcast Philly also does not carry Fuel.

Guillard/ Miller tonight should be awesome
pimp.gif

I think Miller withstands the early rush and taps Melvin in the first or second.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

pimp.gif

I think Miller withstands the early rush and taps Melvin in the first or second.
great minds think alike 
happy.gif

man, some days it kinda sucks being married.  i had my evening all planned out.  leave work, go to gym and get a solid BJJ training session in, order junk food, watch UFC.  well scratch that plan.  apparantly there is some Cirque du Soleil show opening tonight that the wife wants to go to, so looks like i will have to catch the fights late tonight when i get home.  FML.

^ haha that sucks but at least your spending time with the wife. I have kind of the same evening planned that you perviously had. Leave work, head to the gym for muay thai and kettlebell training, order food and watch UFC.
pimp.gif
to not be married.
laugh.gif

anyone watching prelims?

that finish by Denis had me
eek.gif
 and
laugh.gif
 at the same time.

Chino, I dont know the first thing bout MT, so maybe I'm just being ignorant... help me out here.  But if dude doesnt have full thai plum, and just has 1 arm around your head, wouldnt it make sense to block the other side with your arm, or try to close the distance (or pull out) so that you arent in perfect elbow strike range?  just seemed like an odd strategy to try and block elbows with the side of your head.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

pimp.gif

great minds think alike 
happy.gif

You guys called it 
laugh.gif

SMH Young Assassin. If he can develop ANY kind of ground game...

Good for Jim Miller and his family, though.

Back
Top Bottom