Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

GREAT premiere for UFC Primetime.

Diaz is such an interesting guy. That trainer said it best... he gets mad that he cant articulate his thoughts with his words but when he hits the ring he is a poet.

I love watching him fight and I love hearing more and more about him. There is so little info about everything in his personal life that I hang on every word he says.

I like Carlos a lot but Diaz has been my favorite fighter since I watched him dominate Jeremy Jackson at 44 which was the first  I ever watched live.

Its going to be a good fight.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Chino, I dont know the first thing bout MT, so maybe I'm just being ignorant... help me out here.  But if dude doesnt have full thai plum, and just has 1 arm around your head, wouldnt it make sense to block the other side with your arm, or try to close the distance (or pull out) so that you arent in perfect elbow strike range?  just seemed like an odd strategy to try and block elbows with the side of your head.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 yea blocking elbows with your head is never a good thing. BTW, hows the BJJ training going?

FYI, the UFC 3 demo dropping tommorrow will have Jon Jones v. Anderson Silva and Rampage Jackson v. Wanderlei Silva in Pride Mode.

Link

smh at Guillard. Somehow I knew his recklesness would get him caught again. He has the skills but just needs to develop some patience. His title shot likely won't come until another 3-4 fight win streak. Good win by Miller though. I think Nate Diaz should get the next LW title shot. Bad matchmaking though with not one clear title eliminator for LW. You could make the argument for the Pettis/Lauzon winner too, well more for Lauzon if he wins. Maybe Diaz could fight Miller in a few months if they deem his not ready for a shot.

Looking forward to Evans/Davis this Sat. Davis could pull the upset as his reach could cause serious problems for Davis.

Originally Posted by chino905

Chino, I dont know the first thing bout MT, so maybe I'm just being ignorant... help me out here.  But if dude doesnt have full thai plum, and just has 1 arm around your head, wouldnt it make sense to block the other side with your arm, or try to close the distance (or pull out) so that you arent in perfect elbow strike range?  just seemed like an odd strategy to try and block elbows with the side of your head.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 yea blocking elbows with your head is never a good thing. BTW, hows the BJJ training going?

hahaha terrible.  every day feels like its my first day.

it all makes perfect sense when we are drilling, but as soon as I have a 270lb semi-pro rugby playing samoan dude compressing my chest with a forearm across my teeth, everything goes right out the window.  the most difficult part for me is trying not to rely on my size and actually trying to implement technique.  hopefully it will click one day.  that being said its still a lot of fun, and a good workout, so hopefully i can stick with it as long as my body holds up.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]don't know if this has been posted... but i've been getting the blank post yuku f up.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]anyway, thought that was interesting...[/color]

“I think the plan was, if I could get past Munoz [before he got injured] and Mike was successful against Demian, that they were going to do an interim championship between Bisping and [myself],

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Anyone play the UFC 3 demo? I was on that for a Good long while!! [/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Entrances.[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]UFC And Pride.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Demo has UFC - Bones vs Anderson Silva, Pride - Wandy vs Rampage.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]A lot of fun, submissions are similar to EA MMA. I like it a bit better. transitions and all are about the same. the striking could still be a bit more fluid, but it's ok. I'm just glad the overall grappling and positions are better. this is just the demo though. i'll be interested to see what happens Feb. 14th. [/color]

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Diaz is such an interesting guy. That trainer said it best... he gets mad that he cant articulate his thoughts with his words but when he hits the ring he is a poet.

I love watching him fight and I love hearing more and more about him. There is so little info about everything in his personal life that I hang on every word he says.

I like Carlos a lot but Diaz has been my favorite fighter since I watched him dominate Jeremy Jackson at 44 which was the first  I ever watched live.

Really? I thought it was a really boring show.  Condit came off as an uninteresting guy.  He loves his family.  He came from a hard background.  He trains hard.  Yawn.
Diaz could be great, but he obviously didn't give them much access.  We already know about his triathlons.  So other than the quick story of the fire alarm and fighting at school, there wasn't much from him.

I'll keep watching, but hopefully they get much better.

Speaking of Diaz, Nate Diaz vs Jim Miller has been signed for UFC on Fox 3 from the Izod Center in May.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Really? I thought it was a really boring show.  Condit came off as an uninteresting guy.  He loves his family.  He came from a hard background.  He trains hard.  Yawn.
Diaz could be great, but he obviously didn't give them much access.  We already know about his triathlons.  So other than the quick story of the fire alarm and fighting at school, there wasn't much from him.

I'll keep watching, but hopefully they get much better.

Speaking of Diaz, Nate Diaz vs Jim Miller has been signed for UFC on Fox 3 from the Izod Center in May.

Thats why I like it... Really shows how much Nick hates this stuff... He starts talking, then thinks about more about it and shuts down... Very intersting guy.

I think he's interesting as well. I just don't think it comes across well on TV, especially when the purpose of the show is to try and get causal fans to buy the fight.

Originally Posted by jayt206

smh at Guillard. Somehow I knew his recklesness would get him caught again. He has the skills but just needs to develop some patience. His title shot likely won't come until another 3-4 fight win streak. Good win by Miller though. I think Nate Diaz should get the next LW title shot. Bad matchmaking though with not one clear title eliminator for LW. You could make the argument for the Pettis/Lauzon winner too, well more for Lauzon if he wins. Maybe Diaz could fight Miller in a few months if they deem his not ready for a shot.

Looking forward to Evans/Davis this Sat. Davis could pull the upset as his reach could cause serious problems for Davis.
Is it really an upset? Davis was hot prior to his knee injury. Evans is on a roll after fighting some older talent (ortiz & evans.) I think they're pretty evenly matched, I'm a fan of both fighters but I'm giving this one to Davis. 
I'm thinking Chael's gonna pull this one over Bisping but Mike's english *%! is looking strong as ever and with Chael coming out of the slammer i'm not really sure what to expect. Although for Chael's sake if he wins he may want to hire some body guards for the trip to brazil as much %%#@ as he's talked about all of the countries fighters haha

Originally Posted by chino905

Hmm UFC on Fox 3 at IZOD in Jersey? Might have to grab tickets for that.

If Mayweather/Pacquiao doesn't end up happening that night, I may make the trip up depending on the card.

Originally Posted by JCity

Originally Posted by jayt206

Is it really an upset? Davis was hot prior to his knee injury. Evans is on a roll after fighting some older talent (ortiz & evans.) I think they're pretty evenly matched, I'm a fan of both fighters but I'm giving this one to Davis. 
I'm thinking Chael's gonna pull this one over Bisping but Mike's english *%! is looking strong as ever and with Chael coming out of the slammer i'm not really sure what to expect. Although for Chael's sake if he wins he may want to hire some body guards for the trip to brazil as much %%#@ as he's talked about all of the countries fighters haha
maybe ill be eating a big bowl of crow come Saturday, but I dont think Davis is on Evans's level.  Davis's striking looked rudimentary at best.  If he wasnt able to takedown Lil Nog and maintain positional dominance, he very wel coulda lost that fight.  Rashad is not going to be as easy to takedown and keep down.  I think Rashad will pick him apart on his feet, and his TDD will allow him to keep the fight standing.  Rashad via UD.

In Chael We Trust

I hope he smashes Bisping like Hendo did.

I hear what your saying about rashad and you definitely have a valid point but I dunno I think with the speed, reach & possibly strength advantage goes to mr. wonderful (imo) add that he has a pretty good submission game and I really see Davis taking this as long as he doesn't fall victim to ring rust.

I think shad's definitely gonna have to keep the fight standing and get inside of phil's reach to come out of this one victorious.

100PROOF wrote:

The fool right here
laugh.gif

fool?  watch your mouth you peasant...
happy.gif

Originally Posted by JCity

I hear what your saying about rashad and you definitely have a valid point but I dunno I think with the speed, reach & possibly strength advantage goes to mr. wonderful (imo) add that he has a pretty good submission game and I really see Davis taking this as long as he doesn't fall victim to ring rust.

I think shad's definitely gonna have to keep the fight standing and get inside of phil's reach to come out of this one victorious.

thereach advantage is undeniable, but i dont know about speed and strength.Rashad looks pretty quick,and you know hes got some power in his hands, knees, and feet.

i think there is about a1% chance that rashad gets submitted by davis.im pretty sure rashad is a bjj bbwho trains with some high level grapplers (saw something bout braulio estima joining the blackzillians camp recently). unless master lloydirvin is teaching somedim mak type of death touch choke, rashad is not gonna lose that way.

JCity wrote: I hear what your saying about rashad and you definitely have a valid point but I dunno I think with the speed, reach & possibly strength advantage goes to mr. wonderful (imo) add that he has a pretty good submission game and I really see Davis taking this as long as he doesn't fall victim to ring rust.  I think shad's definitely gonna have to keep the fight standing and get inside of phil's reach to come out of this one victorious.

the�reach advantage is undeniable, but i dont know about speed and strength.��Rashad looks pretty quick,�and you know hes got some power in his hands, knees, and feet.

i think there is about a�1% chance that rashad gets submitted by davis.��im pretty sure rashad is a bjj bb�who trains with some high level grapplers (saw something bout braulio estima joining the blackzillians camp recently).� unless master lloyd�irvin is teaching some�dim mak type of death touch choke, rashad is not gonna lose that way.
��

Yeah I dunno aside from the reach and submission going in phil's favor and maybe hand speed & headwork (boxing if you will) going in rashad's favor everything else is a toss up imo which is why I originally asked is it really an upset? They seem so evenly matched on paper atleast and although I don't see Rashad being submitted either I can't remember off the top of my head him fighting someone with a stronger bjj background (maybe machida?) since for the most part he's just fought straight up "bangers" (i.e. chuck, rampage, forest, bisping,bonnar etc.) so I can't say i'd be deathly surprised to see a sub.�
Whatever the case it should be a good match�
pimp.gif

I didn't even realize Michael Johnson's on the undercard as well!�

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Nate Diaz vs Jim Miller has been signed for UFC on Fox 3 from the Izod Center in May.
This fight has FOTY written all over it. Very similar fighters who go all out for 15 minutes.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]GOD BLESS CHAEL SONNEN!!! if you didn't see the UFC pre-fight press conference... Good god. Saturday, yes yes.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]the conference is uploaded on UFC website.[/color]

Originally Posted by im that one

GOD BLESS CHAEL SONNEN!!! if you didn't see the UFC pre-fight press conference... Good god. Saturday, yes yes.

the conference is uploaded on UFC website.

link?

im an idiot and couldnt find it on the website.

laugh.gif
  Did he get a belt from the UFC store?  I'm hoping he wears it to his fight with Bisping.  It would be too much 
roll.gif
If any fighter deserves a late night / interview type of show it's him.  I don't know if he writes his own stuff or has writers but it's good most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom