Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Mojo, those seats are amazing. You saw some great fights, too.

Cosign on Jardine taking the first...with the foul, 10-8 round. I was shocked he was able to hold on during the second and third. Happy for Keith in the sense that I thought Gegard was going to end his career/life for two rounds
laugh.gif

Also, Aoki is a lunatic. I thought he was going to pull a real Steven Seagal and snap Beerbohm's neck.

Originally Posted by LLCoolMichael

Kos would handle Diaz imo. Too strong/athletic with his wrestling game. All 3 rounds would= Pretty even stand up with a Kos takedown with about 1 minute left.
pimp.gif
i disagree.  i think Diaz's standup is much better.  That being said, I do think that Kos would be able to grind out a pretty ugly decision.  He doesn't seem like the type who would be adverse to playing in Diaz's guard and trying to unload some GnP.  Whether or not Diaz can work an aggressive attacking guard to sweep or go for a sub is the big question.

Kos would handle Diaz imo. Too strong/athletic with his wrestling game. All 3 rounds would= Pretty even stand up with a Kos takedown with about 1 minute left.
pimp.gif
Kos didn't wanna see Daley at all standing, so I would say that Diaz's stand up is better than Koscheck's.

And I'm so sick of people winning rounds by getting takedowns and not doing any damage.
indifferent.gif
Jardine took Gegard down a bunch of times, but he did zero damage and Gegard was working harder from the bottom and got right back up every time.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

pimp.gif
Kos didn't wanna see Daley at all standing, so I would say that Diaz's stand up is better than Koscheck's.

And I'm so sick of people winning rounds by getting takedowns and not doing any damage.
indifferent.gif
Jardine took Gegard down a bunch of times, but he did zero damage and Gegard was working harder from the bottom and got right back up every time.
Agreed. Takedowns shouldnt matter if your opponent gets right back up each time. Takedowns are ranked too high. MMA is turning into a wrestlers game.

Originally Posted by Burn916

Also, Aoki is a lunatic. I thought he was going to pull a real Steven Seagal and snap Beerbohm's neck.
laugh.gif
  When Aoki wins by sub, it's always entertaining to watch.
Now that he's under the zuffa umbrella, i'd love to see him matched up against other slick submission fighters.  The Diaz's, G-Sot, Penn.  Hopefully we'd see the fight hit the ground before any of those guys knock him out.

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

I had it scored the same way. Jardine's TD's are what sealed that round.
I actually agree. Jardine wasn't doing too bad on his feet and he did take Mousasi down. At the same time he did next to nothing with those takedowns. The one thing this proves is that unless Mousasi starts taking his wrestling a little more serious, he's not gonna do anything at 205 when/if he gets absorbed into the UFC.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by cjspida619

^ how where ur seats? Man mine where real good
i just gotta say THANK YOU SHOWTIME!  They really hooked it up with my seats.  I had row 1, section 214 on the floor directly behind the barrier where Mauro, Gus, and Frank were setup.  I didnt have a camera with me, so I had to take pics on my crappy phone (it didnt help that i didnt have a steady hand cause I had been drinking).

Ton of fighters in attendance and working corners for the fighters on the card.  From what I could tell, every fighter there was very fan friendly and approachable.  What a great night overall with great fights.

I haven't had a chance to read the messageboards or analysis yet, but did anyone else think that Gegard got robbed?  Maybe it was just from my vantage point and the lack of being able to see the fight from multiple angles, but I have no idea how any judge could have scored any round for Jardine.  

damn man great seats,, i was 5 row right behind u lol,,i need not be lazy and put my pics up

Looks like Nick Diaz has his foot out the door. either they need to pay him more (which wont happen) or give him some fights with UFC guys or hes making a move to boxing

Anyone following the Primetime series?

These editors are REALLYYY pushing Shields this time around.

In the past, BJ/Hardy both were perceived as HEAVY underdogs, rightfully so, but still.

It's nice to see the SF footage/fighters on Primetime. If Zuffa never bought Strikeforce, this Primetime wouldn't happen.

In the past, BJ/Hardy both were perceived as HEAVY underdogs, rightfully so, but still.
Jake needs to be built up a little bit. Most people still don't know who he is still but the hype is real. Jake is making robot frog tap
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Jake needs to be built up a little bit. Most people still don't know who he is still but the hype is real. Jake is making robot frog tap
pimp.gif

I got a $20 gentleman's agreement that says otherwise.
Care to partake in some online shenanigans?!

pimp.gif

Everytime u bet the other person doesn't play and never goes back hahah

pimp.gif

That GSP is going to tap or Jake is gonna win? I'm down to put $20 on Jake winning.

Me and Demon have been in this thread since the beginning. I ain't worried about him going ghost and he shouldn't worry about me going ghost.

And I need a damn new username.
laugh.gif

I have a membership to Fairtex San Francisco. Jake and Gil  were training today. Phil Davis was at Fairtex a couple of days ago. Here are some pics...

25gt255.jpg

2hq75e1.jpg

id4xsj.jpg

27wrg2o.jpg

My brother's friend is one of Jake Shields' sparring partners.

He had about 5 secs of camera time in the second episode. And of course they show Jake Shields beating the crap outta him
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

That GSP is going to tap or Jake is gonna win? I'm down to put $20 on Jake winning.

Me and Demon have been in this thread since the beginning. I ain't worried about him going ghost and he shouldn't worry about me going ghost.

And I need a damn new username.
laugh.gif

A straight winner/loser bet is fine with me.

I'm not quite sure how GSP is gonna beat him anyways. A TKO in the championship rounds isn't outta the question after Shields last showing.

If I HAD to choose though, a UD would be the smart bet.

Either way, GSP is leaving with his belt.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom