Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

IMG00163-20100917-1819_normal.jpg

danawhite Dana White 

For the media guys who live on some other planet and didn't knowRashad Evans has pins in his thumb and is out for a while!!!!

18 hours ago /a2.twimg.com/a/1317832954/phoenix/img/sprite-icons.png);">http://a2.twimg.com/a/131...x/img/sprite-icons.png); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; width: 15px; height: 15px; display: inline-block; vertical-align: baseline; position: relative; background-position: -32px 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">/a2.twimg.com/a/1317832954/phoenix/img/sprite-icons.png);">http://a2.twimg.com/a/131...x/img/sprite-icons.png); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; width: 15px; height: 15px; display: inline-block; vertical-align: baseline; position: relative; background-position: -176px 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">
/a2.twimg.com/a/1317832954/phoenix/img/sprite-icons.png);">http://a2.twimg.com/a/131...x/img/sprite-icons.png); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; width: 15px; height: 15px; display: inline-block; vertical-align: baseline; position: relative; background-position: 0px 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">

damn... is Shad ever gonna get that title shot?

Hopefully he gets 1st shot once hes healthy regardless of who is the champ.

WAR Machida. That UFC 140 card is STACKED!

Jones v. Machida
Lil Nog v. Tito
Big Nog v. Mir
Zombie v. Hominick
TWAS v. McDonald

insane card.

Damn rashad, twice hew been injured for his title fight. Hopefully he can recover and still get his shot.

tongue.gif
Mojodmonky1 wrote:

damn... is Shad ever gonna get that title shot?

Hopefully he gets 1st shot once hes healthy regardless of who is the champ.

WAR Machida. That UFC 140 card is STACKED!

Jones v. Machida
Lil Nog v. Tito
Big Nog v. Mir
Zombie v. Hominick
TWAS v. McDonald

insane card.

indeed

i was really looking forward to Jones/Evans.

Stay healthy Rashad, dammit!
laugh.gif

Damnit!! Rashad will never get a title fight. I hope Bones destroys Machida and we finally get to see Rashad & Jones

I wanted to see Rashad get his face smashed in, but in reality I think this is the better fight.

Toronto
pimp.gif

First of all...

Great card on deck this weekend.

Garcia/Phan II 
pimp.gif

I'm not willing to bet against Aldo ever, but does anyone like Kenny's chances, given how harsh Jose's cut was for the Hominick fight? I've seen much crazier things.
Who wants to see fights finished at 145?!

I really don't foresee in any scenario where Aldo loses his belt. There's no way Florian submits Aldo and there's no way he out paces him and there's no way he KO's him. I don't feel good for Florian at all, I think his career may be over after this fight. Not that he isn't capable of being in the company, he just moves around way too damb much and should really settle in one division. All this moving around has put his back up against the wall, Dana already saying 'this could be Florian's last ever title fight'.

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

I really don't foresee in any scenario where Aldo loses his belt. There's no way Florian submits Aldo and there's no way he out paces him and there's no way he KO's him. I don't feel good for Florian at all, I think his career may be over after this fight. Not that he isn't capable of being in the company, he just moves around way too damb much and should really settle in one division. All this moving around has put his back up against the wall, Dana already saying 'this could be Florian's last ever title fight'.
Completely agree.  KenFlo is getting this fight for all the good he has done for Dana over the years. I don't think he has a legit shot against Aldo at all.

Originally Posted by Burn916

Great card on deck this weekend.

Garcia/Phan II�
pimp.gif

I'm not willing to bet against Aldo ever, but does anyone like Kenny's chances, given how harsh Jose's cut was for the Hominick fight? I've seen much crazier things.
Who wants to see fights finished at 145?!
I wish Anderson knocked bieber out 
laugh.gif
Nice to see that Phan is the favorite in the rematch.  People might riot if garcia gets awarded another decision.  Judges love his sloppy, brawler style.

Kenny has a chance, he's the bigger fighter so he might try to wrestle and wear Aldo down.  Jose's speed might be too much though.  In his last fight Kenny got dropped twice by Nunes (Aldo's teammate).

Aldo has to cut a lot of weight as well, IDK how much bigger Florian will actually be than Aldo.

I hope Aldo only fights at FW once more when he runs through Mendes. After that just move to LW.

Well, we'll assume Kenny was the bigger fighter since he's fought in 3 higher weight classes.  But Aldo has been bulking up and he said that made his last weight cut his worst.  The youtube video of him weightcutting looked really bad but they took it down already.
Also, let's go Edgar.  I think he can finally pull a win off Gray.

I want Frankie to win as well, seems like a humble and cool guy.

I would much rather see Frankie v Gil in the next title fight. IDK if Frankie can handle Gil, but I'd rather see that matchup than Gray and Gil. Depends on what Gray shows again tomorrow I guess.

Hoping for Chael, Melvin and Pettis wins as well. Weigh ins at 2 PM pacific

dont sleep on Stipe Miocic guys. I think they gave him a great matchup for his first UFC fight. Lets hope he delivers the goods!

So has it been confirmed that if Guillard wins tomorrow he gets the Edgar/Maynard winner? I'd rather see Ben Hendersen get it if and when he beats Guida. Can't wait for tomorrow's card though. In the main event I have Guillard, Phan, Sonnen, Aldo, and Maynard as the winners. I really don't think Kenflo has a chance against Aldo. Will also be interesting to see how Phan approaches this match, could be a do or die fight for his UFC contract considering he's lost 2 straight. I know Dana sometimes gives the guys with intangibles extra chances but I don't see that happening if Phan loses here.

Who said Melvin gets a shot with a win?

I wouldn't mind that at all.

IMO though it goes

1. Gilbert Melendez
2a and 2b Melvin if he wins and the winner of Guida/Ben Henderson. I think all three guys are tied up potentially with wins

Melendez should take a fight before getting a shot. Shields and now Diaz both did that. I think he's deserving and ready, but still.

I have it Guida, Henderson, Guillard. All have valid reasons for sure. Guillard finishes fights so maybe he should be moved up. Guida beat Pettis, who was supposed to get the next shot. Henderson just beat Miller, who was a legit contender. At least we'll have good fights in the future, can't say the same for MW right now.

Depends on whom exactly you would get to fight Gil if it's not for the title.

Pettis never deserved a shot in the first place, and I'm glad he was exposed. Guida himself has done a lot to deserve a shot, but his style is a love hate thing. I don't care for the dry humping all match long.

If both Guillard and Bendo win, that's really tough to decide who deserves the next shot.

Originally Posted by doyung9

I'd REALLY like to see Melvin fight Frankie. I know I'm going to catch some serious flack for this, but Melvin has been one of the only guys in the UFC that is in the league of a GSP or Jon Jones in terms of physical ability. Dude's got athletic potential through the roof.
Nah, I think most people believe the same thing.  No one in the division can match his combination of speed and power.  Look what he did to Dunham and Roller.  Melendez said he'd want a fight with Melvin if he doesn't get an immediate title shot.  I think Melvin would be his toughest fight.  I say they're pretty even except that Guillard can throw lightning fast power punches.  He still loses focus from time to time and doesn't follow the game plan (ex. Stephens and Diaz).

Tmrw's Picks:
Edgar (c) vs. Maynard

Aldo (c) vs. Florian

Sonnen vs. Stann

Guillard vs. Lauzon

Garcia vs. Pham

Maia vs. Santiago

Pettis vs. Stephens

Back
Top Bottom