Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Had to be something, this fast?
eek.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Wanted Cain to win and had 20 on him.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Didn't think the fight would be over that fast.  Let's see if he can defend that belt now.  If Overeem gets passed Brock, he'd have a sick standup war with Junior.

Originally Posted by shogun

Didn't think the fight would be over that fast.  Let's see if he can defend that belt now.  If Overeem gets passed Brock, he'd have a sick standup war with Junior.

I'd love to see that fight but I don't know if Overeem is going to get past Brock's blanket blitzkrieg. Secondly Overeem's chin is suspect, Junior's chin is built Ford Tough (lol, but no really dude got a solid chin) he'd take Overeem's fire and fire back with the hand of God. Overeem would be just over.

Originally Posted by chino905

laugh.gif
I wonder how Dana White feels about that main event.
He sounded mad 
laugh.gif
.  He was wondering why Cain even tried to stand with him and not just go for takedowns.  Has he forgotten that fighters need to setup their takedowns or that Cain has done pretty well standing with most of his opponents?
Overeem does have a weak chin.  He'd have to use the clinch and his kickboxing.  If he drops his hands he'll get put to sleep.  I also think Brock has the edge in their fight anyway.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Originally Posted by toine2983

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

roll.gif

What's Fox gonna show for the next hour?

Benson vs. Guida I presume.

Congrats to JDS.
pimp.gif
Oh.
laugh.gif

Guess not.
laugh.gif

*shrugs*

And Dana did sound a bit perturbed post fight.
laugh.gif
 Said Cain should've gone for takedowns to wear down JDS i.e. make the fight longer.

Originally Posted by JD214

Don't know much about UFC, but I'd love to see Lesnar vs. Dos Santos.

Lesnar would want no parts of JDS's striking. 

Brock would have to get him on the ground and keep him there and I don't know if he can do that.

JDS's performance tonight just shows you how strong Roy Nelson's chin is. Junior was peppering him with shots throughout their fight and he couldn't kncok him out.

^
Yeah, it makes me think of how hard Arlovski hits since he knocked Roy out cold.  If only he didn't have a glass jaw 
tired.gif

Dana was hoping for the main event to be like Griffin vs. Bonnar. Still hyped that Bendo and JDS won.
pimp.gif

Team Blackhouse racking up those UFC belts. If Machida beats Bones (highly unlikely), that would be 4 title holders.

Dana White confirms Bendo vs. Edgar in February at UFC in Japan. This fight is going to be a war, and although Ben is one of my favorite fighters, I see Edgar coming out with a close decision.

For tonight's UFC event, Henderson and Guida won fight of the night, Junior Dos Santos won KO of the night, and Ricardo Lamas won Sub of the night. All walked away with an extra 65K.

Congrats to JDS. Raked in another crispy Benjamin. I think Machida has a better chance of winning the belt than Rampage did. (Even though rampage beat him) i truly believe Machida is still a top contender. Lesnar and Reem. Reem comes out on top.

Originally Posted by chino905

laugh.gif
I wonder how Dana White feels about that main event.

He said,
Listen, I'm no strategist and I'm nobody's coach but I don't understand why they didn't go for the shot early. They should have shot in on Junior Dos Santos knowing that he has the power early in the fight and tries to knock you out. But the truth is that Junior Dos Santos gets tired at the end of fights, you know? Here he is standing right in front of him trying to trade and bang with Junior Dos Santos and gets hit with that big right hand right behind the ear and down he goes. Down goes his heavyweight championship. I'll say it again, not saying that I'm some strategy coach but I don't know why they wouldn't take the shot on him and wrestle early.

It's one thing to feel a fight out but when you're standing right in front of a guy that you know his biggest weapons are his hands and he can knock you out and this thing is a five round fight. Get in there and start working him. Stay busy and put him against the fence. Rough him up and tire him out a little bit and bring it into the later rounds where Junior Dos Santos is well known for getting tired.

indifferent.gif

First off, he did shoot for the TD, but how many times can you shoot in one minute? Junior SMACKED him. Came up tonight
pimp.gif

Bendo looking like a killer still. Him vs. Edgar is gonna be a PPV bust, but I'm hell of excited for it.

Originally Posted by quik1987

Junior Dos Santos >

Called this from last year after Cain got the belt from Brock. I KNEW JDS was gonna be the next heavyweight champ.
ccdance.gif

Back
Top Bottom