Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

I'll be interested to see if the heavyweight belt will have some consistency or get passed around like the light heavyweight belt has been.  There's been a few interim champs and injuries to the real champs the past few years.  

So damn happy for cigano. dudes story and you could see it in the way he acts and carries himself and the post fight interview with rogan. I know they sensationalize dudes story but he gives me the impression of a genuine dude.

No knock to Cain though. If Cain won by strikes to Brock...imagine what JDS will do to him...hopefully he doesnt get first time defense to his nerves.

Dana was def mad...I was mad too...where the hell were the undercard fights? I guess I missed them since I started watching at 9 EST.

Did anyone notice how toolish Rogan and Goldberg looked? Dudes looked so damn eager to please the exec's or the wider audience. *!!* was too damn funny. Rogan was yelling like an idiot the whole time...I was like why is this dude yelling so much...
laugh.gif

Brock overdid it with how much he wanted to have a rematch against cain...I say if he loses to overreem then he should fight cain. Overreem as an addition to the ufc along with hendo is pretty damn nice. I bet Hendo is like @$!! because dana didn't give him the amount he wanted to resign with the UFC...I wonder if dana re-negotiated that deal?

as for benson vs. edgar....edgar got that...Benson got a good chin and the ability to not tap out under pressure but frankie is more like GSP...or prob even better than GSP at wearing guys out with strikes and getting the decision.

Fox: 5.7 Million Watched UFC Heavyweight Title FightThe Ultimate Fighting Championship's first live bout on network television lasted only 64 seconds, but nonetheless managed to become one of the most-watched fights of the new millennium. 

Junior dos Santos and Cain Velasquez's heavyweight title fight attracted 5.7 million viewers and a 3.1/5 household rating to Fox on Saturday night, according to figures released Sunday by Fox Sports Media Group. The statistic makes UFC on Fox 1 the most-watched event in the 18-year history of the UFC, as well as the most-watched professional fight since 2003, when 7 million viewers tuned in to watch Lennox Lewis defeat Vitali Klitschko on HBO. 

The UFC on Fox rating also eclipsed the 4.9 million viewers which EliteXC drew to CBS in May 2008 with a heavyweight bout between Kimbo Slice and James Thompson. 

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

If JDS destroys Cain who destroyed Lesnar...

styles make fights.

Exactly why I made the comment Lesnar said it himself, they're both wrestlers, similar styles. Velasquez has better cardio which sets them apart, I just cant see Brock winning

UFC having open workouts tomorrow in San Jose at the gym I train at from 12-3.
Wednesday, November 16
UFC 139: OPEN WORKOUTS
12 p.m. – 3 p.m.
Heroes Martial Arts
460 South Market Street
San Jose, CA 95113
with Mauricio Rua, Wanderlei Silva, Cung Le, Brian Bowles, Dan Henderson and Urijah Faber

Originally Posted by gsxrpaul

UFC having open workouts tomorrow in San Jose at the gym I train at from 12-3.
Wednesday, November 16
UFC 139: OPEN WORKOUTS
12 p.m. – 3 p.m.
Heroes Martial Arts
460 South Market Street
San Jose, CA 95113
with Mauricio Rua, Wanderlei Silva, Cung Le, Brian Bowles, Dan Henderson and Urijah Faber
damn nice turnout!

its probably gonna be a zoo.  do you get better access because you are a member of the gym?  i remember when i went down to Kings MMA to check out an open workout a few months back and people were spilling out of every open door.  It was madness.

^ damn, i wished i could attend those open workouts. too bad i live on the east coast.

Is there a schedule that shows where/when open workouts take place before an event?

This weekend has some great fights lined up. Of course, we have UFC 139, and the card is pretty damn stacked on paper.
My picks for the ppv fights are: Hendo, Le, Bowles, Story, and Kingsbury.

UFC139_poster.jpg

We also have Bellator 58, which is also going to be a stacked card on free TV as 2 champions fight on the card. Eddie Alvarez will be defending his belt against Michael Chandler, and Hector Lombard will be fighting on the card as well. Marlon Sandro is also fighting on the card for the first time since he lost in the finals of the featherweight tourney earlier this year.
397px-Bellator_58.jpg

And last, Fedor vs. Monson will be fighting this weekend on ppv in Russia.
M1-Global-Fedor-Monson-poster.jpg

Open workouts were nice, had a pretty good turnout, and it was great press for the gym I train at. Even spotted myself in a few of the official UFC pics.

Originally Posted by CjMoney

Anyone giving Wandy a chance here? I want to put a stack on Cung Le...
Cung Le hasn't fought in like a year and a half, and the best fighter he's ever faced is Scott Smith (who also K'ed him once). Even though Wandy's chin is shot, I wouldn't touch this fight. I'm fully expecting the Axe Murderer to destroy Cung in less than one round.

P.S. I'll be at the fight. Anyone else?

Cung has great kicks but his hands are weak.  If Wand is aggressive and goes in with a flurry he can ko him.

Originally Posted by shogun

Cung has great kicks but his hands are weak.  If Wand is aggressive and goes in with a flurry he can ko him.
Yep. If Wandy can keep constant pressure, it's gonna be hard for Cung to get those crazy kicks off. Always best to back a kicker up.

Floor seats, row 14 copped
pimp.gif

^nice! ima be in vegas streaming the fights lol.

my picks for the main card: shogun, cung le, bowles, kampmann, kingsbury

I'm pretty bummed I can't make it to the fights tomorrow. Won't be back in Norcal until Thanksgiving day.

This card is fantastic. Every fight on the main card has classic potential, along with a great undercard.

I'll be pulling for my Team Alpha Male guys, Faber and Castillo. Tough matchups for both. I cannot bring myself to make a pick in the main event. If I was putting real money on it, I'd take Hendo.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Yep. If Wandy can keep constant pressure, it's gonna be hard for Cung to get those crazy kicks off. Always best to back a kicker up.

Floor seats, row 14 copped
pimp.gif

damn... lucky dog.  great seats.  hope you have a good time.

The main event has the potential to be fight of the year.  2 Pride legends colliding (some of the last ones left).  If Hendo chooses to keep it standing, it'll be fireworks like his fight with Fedor.  I'll be rooting for Mauricio to get the ko.

The main event has the potential to be fight of the year.  2 Pride legends colliding (some of the last ones left).  If Hendo chooses to keep it standing, it'll be fireworks like his fight with Fedor.  I'll be rooting for Mauricio to get the ko.
hahahaha strong screename to prediction correlation?

Yeah 
laugh.gif
.  I'm not terribly biased though, I'm giving Shogun the slight edge.  Hendo is a beast.  I can't believe that people are still doubting Mauricio though.  They're saying Dan has a granite chin and can end the fight with his H-bomb but you can say that for Shogun as well.  Plus he's the more consistent ko artist.  Fedor had Dan hurt real bad before he got reversed.
Bowles better be ready for Faber's constant pressure.  I want to see him get a rematch with Cruz.

Yeah 
laugh.gif
.  I'm not terribly biased though, I'm giving Shogun the slight edge.  Hendo is a beast.  I can't believe that people are still doubting Mauricio though.  They're saying Dan has a granite chin and can end the fight with his H-bomb but you can say that for Shogun as well.  Plus he's the more consistent ko artist.  Fedor had Dan hurt real bad before he got reversed.
Bowles better be ready for Faber's constant pressure.  I want to see him get a rematch with Cruz.
Agreed. I see Hendo being a bit overconfident with Shogun going in for the finish.
War to my former Chute Boxe fighters!!!!

Back
Top Bottom