Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Dana is probably gonna see a nice cut of the Wrestlemania deal...

The fact that dude wasn't pissed afterwards makes me believe just that.

Brock's wife and kids didn't like seeing daddy gettin' his face cut open on world wide television.
Made dude give up the sport. Feel for Brock because dude liked fighting, just couldn't stay healthy.

he already made up his mind he was retiring. he said if he won this fight, he would have fought JDS and retired after.

I guess Overeem was right, he was going to beat Brock back into the WWE.

Damn put an end to the career 
frown.gif
... I don't think Reem can be stopped 

I feel like between the Werdum fight and the Brock fight, I haven't seen enough of Reem lately to call it between him and Dos Santos.

They are clearly both great strikers. Dos Santos has just been on such a roll lately, it's hard to bet against him.

Brock obviously had no wrestling skill left because he didn't try a takedown once. That was his chance to win the match and he didn't go for it.

Overeem proved hes legit

The winner of him and Dos Santos should hold the belt for a long time, can't see anyone beating either of them. Maybe Barnett???

does a Gray Maynard vs Nate Diaz II make sense for Diaz next? He wanted a rematch after their last fight and if he beats Maynard, he could be next for the title.  

Originally Posted by justscrap

does a Gray Maynard vs Nate Diaz II make sense for Diaz next? He wanted a rematch after their last fight and if he beats Maynard, he could be next for the title.  
i think Maynard is already booked to fight Guida.

Originally Posted by drock2010

Overeem proved hes legit
Proves nothing in my eyes. Brock looked like he wasn't even trying. He attempted one takedown?
eyes.gif
Go back to the WWF where you don't have to get hit for real. If the line on JDS vs. Reem is close to even, I'm dropping major money on Junior. Nothing can fix chin, and JDS will find that ASAP.

Originally Posted by justscrap

Not really. Maynard is coming off a loss and that would be their third fight (Nate subbed Gray on TUF). Plus Diaz got robbed in their second fight. I just don't care to see that fight again.

Finally back home watching the NYE card...missed the Kikuno/Nagashima fight. Heard it was nuts!

Not sure about these wrasslin matches, but the last three fights on the card should be entertaining.

JDS is going to wash Overeem...

That said, boy was I wrong thinking Brock was going to blanket his way to victory, he didn't even really attempt a takedown (except that weak single leg attempt).

Nice knowing ya Brock, was never too much a fan, but I'd be lying if I ain't say you were damn entertaining to watch. Dude will be missed.
WARRRRRR JDS, NICE KNOWING YOU OVEREEM.

is the Dream card still on? i thought it started at 1am, but on Sherdog its showing that Aoki and Fedor still haven't fought yet..

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

JDS is going to wash Overeem...

That said, boy was I wrong thinking Brock was going to blanket his way to victory, he didn't even really attempt a takedown (except that weak single leg attempt).

Nice knowing ya Brock, was never too much a fan, but I'd be lying if I ain't say you were damn entertaining to watch. Dude will be missed.
WARRRRRR JDS, NICE KNOWING YOU OVEREEM.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Have you ever seen Overeem fight outside of the UFC? I really don't know how anyone had Lesnar favored for this fight, especially since he reacts so badly to taking damage. He has a strong knee, but he's just too scared of getting hit. He didn't even attempt a double leg because he knew the uberknee was coming. Once he took a knee to the body, he was done for, he just mentally folded. Overeem's striking looked poor in the Werdum fight because he had to worry about his ground game, and stand up is all JDS has.
K-1 level striking>JDS' boxing. WAR OVEREEM DREAM/K-1/STRIKEFORCE/FUTURE UFC HW CHAMPION

Originally Posted by chino905

is the Dream card still on? i thought it started at 1am, but on Sherdog its showing that Aoki and Fedor still haven't fought yet..
9 hour card 
laugh.gif

Still two more fights to go. Takaya is dominating Lion Takeshi right now. 

Back
Top Bottom