Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

damn chuck beat silva?
eek.gif

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

damn chuck beat silva?
eek.gif

Chuck has Silvas face looking like hamburger. He looked hella focused for the match, hopefully he continues to train and keep this in him... the old ChuckLiddell > the rock-star Chuck Liddell.

Ya Liddell didnt look too great, even though he won, it seemed like he backed off when he could have finished it.

But Silva can take a good beat down, dude wasnt getting KOd

Originally Posted by 5tan

Ya Liddell didnt look too great, even though he won, it seemed like he backed off when he could have finished it.

But Silva can take a good beat down, dude wasnt getting KOd

He was smart to do so. Silva was gonna go for broke and could've gotten caught.
Outside of the Liddell/Silva fight, all the fights were one sided.

Chuck has Silvas face looking like hamburger. He looked hella focused for the match, hopefully he continues to train and keep this in him... the old Chuck Liddell > the rock-star Chuck Liddell.
Silva's face always usually looks like a hamburger. He most def. get rocked during that fight a good number of times, but he has an insaneamount of scar tissue on his face. And it's still the same rock star Chuck. It was just a good match up for him when you look at it. I said it in the otherthread. Chuck's counter punching against Wandy's style is something to watch. Most of Chuck's hardest shots were coming off his counter punching orwhen Wandy was on the fence. I honestly don't know who Wandy or Chuck should fight next. Chuck doesn't deserve a title shot anytime soon. Wandy ruinedhis chance. There's a bunch of guys in the division but I don't know how many make sense. Maybe Wandy against Houston since Houston's stock'sdropped a bit it isn't much of a risk to put him in there? Chuck vs. Machida? No doubt the winner is gonna face the winner of Page/Griffin if that fighthappens. And then there's Jardine and Thiago Silva. Shogun as well. My head hurts.

Two overrated fighters fought and Silva preferred to put on a show than to finish the fight. Wheres the Muay Thai knees and elbows? Wheres the ground game?Wheres the ground and pound when he had a chance?

I still seen the same Chuck from any other fight he's fought. He's just lucky Silva was shorter and lacked reach. Chuck was smart to not go for a KObecause he may have gotten caught.

Still Chuck loses his next fight. Silva may get wise and look to win instead of putting on a show.

Machida is looking good.

Lastly but not least GSP is insane. I mean his evolution as a fighter is amazing and could make him P4P with some more great wins. I don't see anyonestopping him. He's too focused and just too dang good anywhere in the ring.

I was mad that Melvin lost to Rich. Being from LA, I'm familiar with both of those guys, and what sucks for Mel, is he gets the really bad pub., because ofthe coke incident and being brash and cocky, but Clementi is one of the bigger jerks on the LA MMA scene.

I want to see a re-match

Originally Posted by doyung9

I was mad that Melvin lost to Rich. Being from LA, I'm familiar with both of those guys, and what sucks for Mel, is he gets the really bad pub., because of the coke incident and being brash and cocky, but Clementi is one of the bigger jerks on the LA MMA scene.

I want to see a re-match

Agreed. I've met Melvin and dude seems like a good guy. Either way, he always has a lot of passion when he fights, win or lose. I've met Rich onceat a seminar and he was a jerk off. He has a big head and honestly, who in the hell has he beat.

man chuck took care of business and GSP won easily sad to say i despise that man

side note did anyone see GSP mounting his trainer in between rounds what was that about?

lol... there were 3 dudes from my home city of Temecula fighting tonight. Eddie Sanchez, Sokudju, and Soa Palelei
pimp.gif
... Sanchez and Palelei fighting for the battle of Temecula
laugh.gif

Anyway, we were watching with one of my friends who trains at Team Quest... he wasn't too happy tonight
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by doyung9

I was mad that Melvin lost to Rich. Being from LA, I'm familiar with both of those guys, and what sucks for Mel, is he gets the really bad pub., because of the coke incident and being brash and cocky, but Clementi is one of the bigger jerks on the LA MMA scene.

I want to see a re-match

He's a punk. He talks !*%#, beats bums, but anytime he steps in against a quality opponent, he gets whooped.

Good win by GSP, very exciting match. I liked how he won too. His wrestling abilities have definitely grown.
Congrats to Liddell, i was rooting for silva, but silva was garbage in the octagon today
sick.gif
. Didn't see him use his knees or reach.

Originally Posted by jbone2308

Two overrated fighters fought and Silva preferred to put on a show than to finish the fight. Wheres the Muay Thai knees and elbows? Wheres the ground game? Wheres the ground and pound when he had a chance?

I still seen the same Chuck from any other fight he's fought. He's just lucky Silva was shorter and lacked reach. Chuck was smart to not go for a KO because he may have gotten caught.

Still Chuck loses his next fight. Silva may get wise and look to win instead of putting on a show.

laugh.gif
Weren't you the same guy that said that Lidell would not standa chance against Silva a year ago? Good excuse, maybe next time Silva will grow 5 inches taller
eyes.gif
. Damn Pride nuthuggers are annoying...hop off already.

Anyway, I wouldn't discount Serra so quickly. Last time EVERYBODY said the same thing and look what happened. Hell, this year was full of upsets. Thefact is anything can happen....but damn GSP was a beast today.

GSP Just dominated Hughes, Again. that throw GSP got before his armbar was
eek.gif
didn't even looked like he tried! Thankfully I won my money and the people paid out quick. Hughes is done... well not done but I think he reallyneeds to start focusing.

The PPV was a snorefest though... Soa and Sanchez almost made me want to leave and not watch the rest. Silva liddell was a good brawl of punches. GSP andHughes
pimp.gif
another one for the Rush St Pierre

He was smart to do so. Silva was gonna go for broke and could've gotten caught.

That's what I was tryin to tell me friends... there was like 90 seconds left in the fight and it was clear to everyone chuck had the decision, but theycouldn't understand why he wasn't going for broke... he was just playin strategy, no sense getting knocked out in the last minute of a fight youalready have won.

Chuck looked better than normal - but i do think it was just a matchup thing, he's just not a complete fighter.. dude should just become a boxer already.

we almost didnt get the ppv because my buddy's receiver wasnt hooked up right but we managed to get it in time for the last two fights.

liddell/silva was entertaining as heck. iceman pummeled silva. silva's head is made of iron, can't believe he didnt get ko'd. you know liddellwanted the victory so bad, since when does he ever utilize his wrestling background? great fight.

gsp/hughes was pretty one sided but still entertaining, gsp's armbar was dope.

the last two fights alone were worth it for me, great ppv.

pretty good matches

i was dissappointed that silva didnt use ALL his skills. wanderlei was winning the second round until he got that cut.

gsp is looking better and better

hughes needs to change up his style... he seems very predictable in gsp perspective. the whole time hughes was being passive and kept getting beat on thetakedowns.

Originally Posted by Outlaw83

Originally Posted by jbone2308

Two overrated fighters fought and Silva preferred to put on a show than to finish the fight. Wheres the Muay Thai knees and elbows? Wheres the ground game? Wheres the ground and pound when he had a chance?

I still seen the same Chuck from any other fight he's fought. He's just lucky Silva was shorter and lacked reach. Chuck was smart to not go for a KO because he may have gotten caught.

laugh.gif
Weren't you the same guy that said that Lidell would not stand a chance against Silva a year ago? Good excuse, maybe next time Silva will grow 5 inches taller
eyes.gif
. Damn Pride nuthuggers are annoying...hop off already.

Anyway, I wouldn't discount Serra so quickly. Last time EVERYBODY said the same thing and look what happened. Hell, this year was full of upsets. The fact is anything can happen....but damn GSP was a beast today.
Nah I wasn't the guy and I was never a Pride guy either. I never got a chance to watch too much of Pride but I did feel Silva could win. Neversaid Chuck didn't have a chance but his style is still garbage and him fighting someone the same size(Jardine) or bigger(Jackson) Chuck gets own3d.

The way GSP is focused right now and locked in on any area in the ring, no one I feel can get him.

Originally Posted by Smokey1212

Weights

Prelims
Doug Evans (154) vs. Mark Bocek (155)
Roan Carneiro (170) vs. Tony DeSouza (170)
Dean Lister (186) vs. Jordan Radev (185)
Manny Gamburyan (155) vs. Nate Mohr (155)
James Irvin (205) vs. Luiz Crane (205)

PPV
Rich Clementi (155) vs. Melvin Guillard (156)
Lyoto Machida (204) vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou (205)
Eddie Sanchez (239) vs. Soa Palelei (262)
Wanderlei Silva (205) vs. Chuck Liddell (204)
Matt Hughes (170) vs. Georges St. Pierre (170) for the interim welterweight title

I WILL BE 70% RIGHT OR YOUR MONEY BACK!!!!!!!! FACT........

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

In other news, IFL GP results:

IFL World Grand Prix
Mohegan Sun Arena, Uncasville, Conn.

Preliminary Bouts
185 lbs.: Marcello Salazar, Brazil def. Alex Cook, Whitehaven, England,
via decision (unanimous) after three rounds
170 lbs.: Brett Cooper, Long Beach, Calif., def. Rory Markham, Chicago,