Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

If this is any indication of the direction the UFC (and MMA in general) is headed, UFC 82 is going to be RIDICULOUS!!

MAIN CARD

Champ Anderson Silva vs. Dan Henderson (for middleweight title)
Heath Herring vs. Cheick Kongo
Yushin Okami vs. Evan Tanner
Jon Fitch vs. Chris Wilson
David Bielkheden vs. Diego Sanchez

PRELIMINARY CARD

Andrei Arlovski vs. Jake O'Brien
Luke Cummo vs. Luigi Fioravanti
Dustin Hazelett vs. Josh Koscheck
Jorge Gurgel vs. John Halverson
Chris Leben vs. Alessio Sakara

Really distraught to see Arlovski dropped to undercard status. Although I'm sure they'll televise his fight on the PPV at some point, not seeing him onthe LIVE MAIN CARD is heartbreaking. Hopefully this won't be his last fight. He needs to put on a good display and show Dana he's still worth the bigbucks.

Chris Leben vs. Alessio Sakara

38036f241002012816a6e1203a9a409a6b064d66.gif
Interesting..

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

Andrei Arlovski vs. Jake O'Brien>>>David Bielkheden vs. Diego Sanchez

was gonna say the same thing.
the undercard doesnt look bad at all tho.

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

Really distraught to see Arlovski dropped to undercard status
Seriously. How the mighty have fallen. Koscheck too.
I can understand Kos though. He's lost two in a row. Not taking anything away from his talent, but you can argue his undercard fight. ButArlovski?! C'mon now, yeah his last fight was a snoozer, but he did get the W and the way the HW division is looking right now, the UFC can't afford tolose another 'contender'.
frown.gif

On another note, I noticed MINOTAURO NOGUEIRA's 'TEAMMMA' sig a few pages back. As lame as I've always labeled online'teams', I think this would be one I wouldn't be opposed to being a part of.

I've noticed quite a few regulars in this post that pass along a lot of info. Anybody else interested in something, or am I a lone sheep here?!

The next 4 main events look awesome:

UFC 82 Henderson v. Silva
UFC 83 GSP v. Serra
UFC 84 Penn v. Sherk
UFC 85 Iceman v. Shogun

With regards to Arlovski......

He is likely not going to resign with the UFC. He has refused every offer he's been given so far. He has one fight left.

So basically, the UFC is burying him. He will honor his last fight. On the undercard.

If he puts on a show, and he was on the main card, then it would basically be a showcase for him before he switches organizations.

And Dana White is not having that. Word is he will go to M1. So we have AA vs. Fedor to look forward to.

84 is looking to be rediculous if it goes down

UFC: MAY 24, 2008 IN LAS VEGAS
venue: MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada

-B.J. Penn (#7 Lightweight in the World)* vs. Sean Sherk
-Lyoto Machida (#5 Light Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Tito Ortiz
-Rashad Evans vs. Thiago Silva
-Rousimar Palhares vs. Ivan Salaverry
-Wilson Gouveia vs. Goran Reljic

-Wanderlei Silva (#8 Light Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Keith Jardine (#6 Light Heavyweight in the World)* Rumored

[h2]This was posted on mmajunkie.com:

Dana White: New York City or Boston Will Host a UFC Event in 2008
[/h2]
Posted by MMA Junkie on February 7, 2008 at 5:56 pm ET

Although neither state currently sanctions mixed-martial arts, New York or Massachusetts - or more specifically, New York City or Boston - will host a UFC event in 2008, UFC President Dana White guarantees.

The UFC's head honcho made the promise in today's edition of The Patriot Ledger.

"I'm going to be as bold as to say I guarantee you either we'll be in the Boston Garden or Madison Square Garden (by the end of the year)," White told the newspaper.

New York City's Madison Square Garden is one of the sporting world's most legendary venues. The 20,000-capacity arena initially rose to fame by hosting classic boxing events. The Boston Garden (officially named the TD Banknorth Garden) is a 19,600-capacity venue that opened in 1995.

However, the UFC only hosts events in states that regulate the sport under the organization's current rules. To date, the UFC has never hosted an event in New York, which doesn't regulate the sport, or Massachusetts, which permits only a handful of MMA shows each year through special licenses.

In fact, White will be at one of those rare Massachusetts events on Friday when World Championship Fighting hosts an event at Shriners Auditorium in Wilmington. Former UFC fighter Dan Lauzon meets late replacement Frank Latina in the night's main event, and an array of notable fighters - including Marcus Davis, Mauricio "Shogun" Rua and Kenny Florian - will be on hand to sign autographs. White is scheduled to be a special guest at the show.

Currently, 32 U.S. states and the District of Columbia sanction MMA, though a handful of additional states are in or near the final stages of approval.

Although the UFC has ventured to a few new destinations in the past couple years, the number is expected to grow substantially this year. Additionally, White has promised that UFC Fight Night events - once held only in Nevada, Florida and California - will travel to new locales in 2008. Colorado, for example, will host UFC Fight Night 13 - its first UFC event in more than 12 years - on April 2.

I can understand Kos though. He's lost two in a row.
just one actually (unless he fought somewhere else?) and it was to gsp.

doesnt seem like one loss (to arguably the best fighter in the world) should bump him all the way to the undercard.

herring/kongo is a really lackluster 2nd headliner.

^^^

It was just one loss. He got demo'd by GSP.

Before that was a pretty piss poor fight with Diego Sanchez.

Kos' style is not Main Card material. He has not had many exciting fights. At least not many that he's made exciting.

Why not just put him on the undercard and if the fight is great, they'll show it anyway......

Read online today that Tim Sylvia was upset about Brock getting a biiger paycheck and may bolt to M-1. HIs agent runs M-1 BTW. Rumors of AA going to M-1 meansFedor have some competition.

Fedor v. Sylvia
Fedor v. AA
Fedor v. Couture

Read online today that Tim Sylvia was upset about Brock getting a biiger paycheck and may bolt to M-1.

he really didnt deserve that kind of paycheck. he has a redneck draw factor but he has done nothing in this sport to garner that size of check and otherfighters are obviously going to be angry especially when they've been toiling for years.

to me it was insulting and degrading to the sport of MMA that they mention his pro wrestling career as an accomplishment when announcing him in the octagon.

UFC has gotten away with it for a long time but they have to start paying their fighters because guys have shown that they're more than willing to move on.

I just can't wait to see the spider go at it again... it's been too long since i've seen him fight, i somehow have only missed the events where hewas fighting i think... I love watching Henderson too... such a big match.

Heres the fight card for next weeks EliteXC event:

MAIN CARD

Tank Abbott (9-13) vs. Kimbo Slice (1-0)
Ricco Rodriguez (27-7) vs. Antonio Silva (9-1)
Kyle Noke (13-4-1) vs. Scott Smith (14-4)
Yves Edwards (32-13-1) vs. Edson Berto (13-4-1)
Brett Roges (7-0) vs. James Thompson (14-7)

PRELIMINARY CARD

Rafael Feijao (4-1) vs. John Doyle (6-2)
Jon Kirk (10-2) vs. Yosmany Cabezas (4-0)
Dave Herman (9-0) vs. Mario Rinaldi (6-2)
Eric Bradley (2-1) vs. Mikey Gomez (6-3)
Mike Berhard (3-0) vs. Lorenzo Borgameo (2-0)

I'm predicting a Slice win. Tank is too old and too fat.

kimbo win is basically a given.

it was disappointing watching that last tank fight vs buentello.

i grew up watching tank fight and all i can do is SMH.

Back
Top Bottom