Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

smh @ liddell

still hasnt learned how to keep his hands up.
smh.gif
smh.gif

im not really a chuck liddell fan but i wanted him to win this match. he prolly wasnt expecting evans to hit him back and just out wrestle him.

word.

i really am not a fan of following that 'strike until a stoppage' rule to a T.

liddell was blatantly entirely unconscious.

there is no need to strike any further.

same thing happened with salmons (and in countless other fights with other fighters)

in a tko type situation i can see how it applies but in ko's it's absolutely unnecessary.

a guy who's already been knocked out cold is just being pushed towards death or permanent injury by taking more brutal shots while helpless.

Damn, Franklin kicked Hamill in the nuts something vicious.
that slow mo was cringe inducing.

it's a shame the sport is so young and that lidell discovered it relatively late.

just imagine if he had started at 20, with the advances and methods of training you see today.
eek.gif

even if tito hadnt ducked him for so long his championship resume would look that much better.

it's official; rashad gets the titleshot.

Rashad Evans made the long walk from the dressing room to the Octagon at UFC 88 in Atlanta on Saturday night with an undefeated record and the dream of ascending to a light heavyweight title shot on his shoulders.

With his devastating knockout of former champion Chuck Liddell, his shoulders now bear only the weight of keeping his undefeated record intact, as the title shot is now within his grasp.

Talking about the possibility of a title shot after his stunning performance, Evans said, "I'm a patient man. I'm just enjoying the ride and whatever happens, however long it takes, it takes."

He didn't have to be patient for long, however, as UFC president Dana White informed the media at the UFC 88 post-fight press conference that Evans would indeed be tapped to challenge UFC light heavyweight champion Forrest Griffin in the first defense of his title.

Griffin won the belt in a five-round battle with Quinton "Rampage" Jackson at UFC 86 in July.

Although White stopped short of confirming when the title bout would take place, it is believed to be part of a planned twin bill, sharing the spotlight on Dec. 27 with a heavyweight interim title bout between champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and challenger Frank Mir.

that was quick.

you gotta know dana already had that bout setup for lidell.

Originally Posted by jbone2308

I think in the last 5 years the MMA game has caught up to 1-dimensional fighters. Hughes is just mad he one of those. He talked crap about George and got handled twice, then talked about Thiago and got own3d, now still hating on GSP? He's just a prick. I believe the Chuck is one of those fighters the game has caught up to also.

As for Leban in the main, I'm cool with that cuz I hope he knocks Bisbing out. Bisbing gets like every fight at home in England so I hope Leban gets in him. He moved down cuz he didn't want to fight Hamil again.

90 looks good and I think Thiago will give it to Diego. It can be a decent card if everybody brings thier A game. Well Cote it won't matter what game he brings my boy bout to handle him with the quickness.
Like I said a few weeks ago.
eek.gif

Props to Rashad for standing toe to toe, I felt the longer he did he would get caught but dudes games has risen like Jesus!

I was there live in box seats, will have pics soon. My camera isn't the best so don't beat me up for it. Pretty good night overall. Chuck got one ofthe best entrances in the sport but lately his exits....
frown.gif

Last, theres nothing like watching the fights with a group of knowledgable fans at a bar or something unless you are on the floor by the cage and have accessto the fighters and people in the game. Even box seats wasn't that cool besides the view, people who got money just go simply because and don't knowcrap about MMA or fighting. This could be said about all sports.

Also, somone gif Rampage next to Rashads ko and see what I mean. Hands down on a weak body shot attempt.

He don't want Spider in no way with those openings. Even in general movement Spider would tag him cuz his hands are to his side.

He needs new trainers that will be honest with him and tell him it's time for a change.

Originally Posted by jbone2308

Also, somone gif Rampage next to Rashads ko and see what I mean. Hands down on a weak body shot attempt.

He don't want Spider in no way with those openings. Even in general movement Spider would tag him cuz his hands are to his side.

He needs new trainers that will be honest with him and tell him it's time for a change.

The Rampage KO was different, though.

Rampage was pressing the action and even signaled to Chuck to stop running. Rampage ducked a punch and countered with the overhand right.

Rashad and Chuck were executing punches at the same time and Rashad caught him.

I honestly think that Rashad was just too quick. It was apparent in the first round that Chuck couldn't do what he's absolutely great at: hecouldn't bait Rashad into pressing the action.

When Chuck becomes the agressor, he simply opens up and he eventually gets caught.

If it wasn't Rashad that got him, it would have been someone else down the line like Lyoto Machida, the King of patience and elusiveness.

Chuck never goes in with a new game plan... It's the same damn thing each and every time and when you have someone as hungry as Evans you can't go inwith the same game plan that Evans has seen a billion times.

smh.gif
smh.gif

He's been fighting like this forever. Check out his old fights.

Let's see on how the KO would look like inside the club:

output.gif
output.gif
output.gif

output.gif
output.gif
output.gif

output.gif
output.gif
output.gif

Looks 9x better IMO.

eek.gif
when theyshowed the punch from a different angle on the replay... no way son was getting up from that.

I've always been a fan of Rashad since the Ultimate Fighter show... always saw potential in dude.

The reason I was a Lidell fan was because I enjoy a good knockout. I am surprised that he lasted as long as he did as a "dominant" fighter. It wasjust a matter of time before his guns blazing routine would meet the brutal end. Rampage started it and I have a feeling Rashad might have just made Chuckrealize that he is 38 years old now. That was a beast of a KO and one of the best I have seen in a while. You guys should have heard the reaction where I waslast night, it was priceless.

Isn't Rashad and GSP from the same camp? Because they both did the nipple thing before their fights. And Nate too? Camp is doing good.

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

Because they both did the nipple thing before their fights.

i noticed that too i wanna know what's up with that.

lidell is bound to get ko'd like that again the more he fights. from the opening bell his hands are closer to his waist than they are to his head.

I gave Rashad a 30% chance to win
laugh.gif
That KO surprised me
eek.gif

Chuck is getting old but Id say he still would win in a rematch.
grin.gif

DHK fight was good, good dec too.

Originally Posted by MC OTAKU

I gave Rashad a 30% chance to win
laugh.gif
That KO surprised me
eek.gif

Chuck is getting old but Id say he still would win in a rematch.
grin.gif

DHK fight was good, good dec too.

As a fan of DHK its hard to be completely impartial but I dont know how 1 of the judges could have had it 29-28 Brown. I thought Kim clearly took rd 1 and 3,and Brown dominated rd 2. Personally I would not have been surprised if it ended up a 28-28 draw if a ref judged rd 2 very loosely. Kim didnt do ANYTHING inrd 2. To a judge like Cecil Peoples that could have been a 10-8 rd.

I don't think Chuck could win a rematch with Rashad either. I think there are certain opponents Chuck could beat but if anyone goes in with the right gameplan Chuck will lose 90% of the time.

Wandy was an idiot thinking he could go toe to toe and box Chuck with a reach disadvantage. A rematch Wandy will destroy Chuck.

Back
Top Bottom