Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by drock2010

Silva did dominate the middle weight division

but that doesn't mean hes gonna come to light heavy and just continue to dominate

He beat Irvin but Irvin isn't close to where Griffin is thats why I have my money on Griffin
hendo was a world champion at 205.

it's not like silva hasnt fought fighters who have been successful at light heavyweight.

i mean do people claiming 'definite ko' realize that silva has never been stopped by strikes or ko?

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

but that doesn't mean hes gonna come to light heavy and just continue to dominate

He beat Irvin but Irvin isn't close to where Griffin is thats why I have my money on Griffin

hahaha how short some peoples memories are. Its as if Pride never existed and Hendo's belt was nothing more than an ornament.

This is the last thing I will say about the fight (for today). For people talking about the size discrepency... Silva is a HUGE MW and would also be arespectable sized LHW. I've read that dude walks around at anywhere between 200-220. Its not like Silva is walking into this fight at 205 soaking wet. He probably will need a slight cut to meet the 205 limit. As far as strength is concerned, sure Silva is not built like Brock or anything but he isdeceptively strong. If you hear any of his training partners talk about it (like Nog for instance) they always mention his deceiving strength. The reachissue, I havent seen the exact measurements but they dont call him Spider for nothing. Silva is what... 6'0? 6'1? but has knuckles that drag on thefloor. He is not going to give up much, if any, in the reach department. What you are going to see are two legitimate 205ers going at it, not 1 undersizeddude vs a monster.

Originally Posted by JumpoffTheGod

Florians going to beat Penn plain and simple.

why do people keep saying things like this without any reasoning?
laugh.gif

ok, amir is going to beat hendricks by tickling him into submission.

hey....that was kinda fun.
eyes.gif

it's not like silva hasnt fought fighters who have been successful at light heavyweight.

i mean do people claiming 'definite ko' realize that silva has never been stopped by strikes or ko?
Thats true about Henderson but they fought at 185

and I wasn't saying its going to be a "definite KO" I'm saying it could possibly be one but I think its most likely gonna be Griffin bydecision

^
not everyone is as into MMA as some of us are, and maybe they just dont like to spend countless hours trying to breakdown a fight and analyze it?
smile.gif

my fiancee finds it borderline amusing/pathetic that I spend so much time following MMA.

anyone who thinks Forrest is gonna KO Silva is out of their mind.

Mojod pretty much explained it all as best as one can.

Silva by TKO 2nd rd.

BOOK IT DANO!

^by GNP? hmm...I can see him out-wrestle Silva but a battle on the ground though...I'll give Silva the edge.

...and why does Forrest look like a BSN salesman here?
laugh.gif
I guess themoney's good.

thumbnail_crop.php

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

^ hahahahaha where you out of demon? tell you what. IF Legend sends me that 50 spot after Forrest gets KTFO, meet me at the bar and the first $50 of the tab is on me.... well its on Legend.

If the drive from AZ wasn't so damn long, I'd be there in an instant lol. Nothing like free drinks at the expense of another less fortunate fella!!
Dude offering to buy another dude 50 bucks worth of drinks? Suspect, as a matter of fact MAD suspect
laugh.gif
alien.gif
When I win Mojo, please give it all to me in one dollar bills then grab your umbrella and watch me make it rain on you
tongue.gif

IF Forrest gets it to the floor, he's gonna be put into a body triangle and elbowed senseless

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

^by GNP? hmm...I can see him out-wrestle Silva but a battle on the ground though...I'll give Silva the edge.

laugh.gif
I guess the money's good.

thumbnail_crop.php
He could've just left that goofy +## hat off
laugh.gif
. Helooks like a milkman
laugh.gif

If Forrest wins, it will be an upset on the level of Serra over GSP, Gonzaga over Cro Cop, etc. It would be greater than his win over Shogun.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

laugh.gif
I guess the money's good.

thumbnail_crop.php
He could've just left that goofy +## hat off
laugh.gif
. He looks like a milkman
laugh.gif

lmfao at MILK MAN... im putting money on my boy Forrest

Originally Posted by Ryda421

if forrest gets the fight to the floor, I expect forrest with the hand raised

False. If it goes to the ground I see Silva dominating, but if its standing Forrest will put a hurting on Silva's face...lets go Forrest

Originally Posted by piczon1983

I really hope forrest wins. just so this Silva hype will die down

It's not called hype when you really are THAT damn good
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
AMEN TO THAT
pimp.gif

Fact. Kimbo Slice = hype. Paulo Filho = Hype. Andersen Silva is the truth.

And I don't even like him that much, but he is a damn good fighter.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Yet to be seen if Silva is the truth at 205.
True as far as running the division. But we seen 60 seconds worth of what he can do to bigger guys. Ask James Ervin.

Originally Posted by Legendk1ller

^ hahahahaha where you out of demon? tell you what. IF Legend sends me that 50 spot after Forrest gets KTFO, meet me at the bar and the first $50 of the tab is on me.... well its on Legend.

If the drive from AZ wasn't so damn long, I'd be there in an instant lol. Nothing like free drinks at the expense of another less fortunate fella!!
Dude offering to buy another dude 50 bucks worth of drinks? Suspect, as a matter of fact MAD suspect
laugh.gif
alien.gif
When I win Mojo, please give it all to me in one dollar bills then grab your umbrella and watch me make it rain on you
tongue.gif

Flame away
laugh.gif
I'm comfortable enough with my manhood where Idon't think its SUSPECT to share a pint or 2 with another dude. If you want to infer that I like penis > vag because I am willing to buy another man abeer then so be it. I'm boozin on your money anyways
happy.gif

I really hope forrest wins. just so this Silva hype will die down

It's not called hype when you really are THAT damn good
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

yes it is
grin.gif

you people dont understand the word 'hype'.
smh.gif

your right Silva isn't hype

he is a good fighter

but all of a sudden all these Silva fans just because hes the "best pound for pound fighter" is ridiculous

weigh in notes:

first and foremost, Logan Stanton is HOT.

dang amir weighed in at 166.

both he and hendricks physiques look like they could possibly make 155. amir is already pretty skinny abut hendricks could lean out a lot.

im pretty sure the first time he said his name joe called ricardo almeida 'ricario'
laugh.gif

silva acting like he's really wondering if he'd make weight.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom