Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Silva said in the post conference that Machida was his "brother" and would never fight him.
time to retire

the way i see it: rampage, shogun, rashad all need to fight machida first so theyre out the window, i dont think theyd want to lose to anderson cause a loss could really hurt their stading in line for a title shot

silva's fighting henderson next, if he gets through him, who's next? gsp?

im throwing it out there right now, silva vs couture, whether he wins or loses against big nog
If Silva beats Dan and Vitor beats Franklin, there you go: Silva vs Vitor.

BTW, Silva by TKO.

yeah, i forgot about vitor, but if vitor doesnt win it leaves the door open

still, id like a matchup between silva and couture, silva beat forrest, couture's student, couture beats nog, silva's training parter

i read recently that couture would like to fight machida but as ive said already machida's got his hands full, so just have him fight spider instead, itsperfect

honestly, i know its sin to doubt couture but im not sure if he's got another hw title run in him, especially with brock at the top, brock may not be themost skilled but hes just an animal

I believe Vitor is coming to make noise.

Spider vs. Dan again....I hope he whoops him faster.

I think we all need to stop speculating on what so and so could do to beat Silva, because he just adjust to whatever is in front of him.

Originally Posted by jbone2308

Anybody else hear that GSP ran out of the arena after Forrest? Someone claiming this on another board.

For what reason?
No one said why, I thought it was weird or just trolling.

Anybody else hear that GSP ran out of the arena after Forrest? Someone claiming this on another board.

For what reason?
No one said why, I thought it was weird or just trolling.
it was a joke, they were trying to imply that gsp wouldnt want to fight a monster like anderson

Originally Posted by drock2010

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Silva said in the post conference that Machida was his "brother" and would never fight him.
time to retire

the way i see it: rampage, shogun, rashad all need to fight machida first so theyre out the window, i dont think theyd want to lose to anderson cause a loss could really hurt their stading in line for a title shot

silva's fighting henderson next, if he gets through him, who's next? gsp?

im throwing it out there right now, silva vs couture, whether he wins or loses against big nog
that will never happen
Couture would be dumb to take that fight hes already out of his prime hes at the end of his career
I don't see why Rampage, Rashad, or Shogun would be scared to fight Silva I mean how are they just gonna let him walk through the division like that
i talked about it above, i dont think its so much that theyre "scared" but that, if you're a strong contender at 205 and you lose tothe 185lb champ, it looks kinda bad even if it is anderson silva, so i guess im sorta saying that - they cant afford the loss

as for couture, why not, people thought he was done like five years ago, he's got nothing to lose anymore, the hw division is so thin he could probably geta title shot even if lost to silva - assuming he would want to continue fighting

silva and couture, here are two guys who have plenty of options but could easily retire if they wanted to, forget gsp vs silva, i want couture vs silva, imean, would gsp and couture's strategies really be that different? i do believe that gsp is the biggest name in mma (aside from silva) but i thinkcouture's right there with him in terms of popularity, it could be just as big a fight

Originally Posted by nkwu11

Love the classic boxing skills too, head movement like it was trainer mitts comin at him.

Word!

^^^^ thats the first thing i thought
eek.gif

just watched the replay, absolutely disgusting
tired.gif

From Bloodyelbow.com
Update on Forrest Griffin (who was absent from the post-fight press conference) from the UG:

"I heard his jaw was dislocated very early in the fight…then he took several more punches to the jaw. Apparently he can't hear out of the ear on thatside either. He left the octagon because he needed medical attention asap. At first they thought his jaw was broken, then said it was dislocated."

Originally Posted by CjMoney

Got some dough ridin on my Brutha BJ, and Silva might inflict permanent damage on Forrest. I'm scared for his well being.

If the rumors of hearing loss and jaw damage are true I hope he recovers fully, I was genuinely worried about him knowing Spider was on another level strikingwise. Also: Congrats BJ

Forrest is a huge 205 contender. He hits like a 205. So compared to a 185 he's a little stronger. Silva will come in the fight at around 205-208. Forrest comes in a fight at, like Joe Rogan said before, 230-235 pounds. Thats a lot of weight and I think that will play a huge factor in the ground game and striking. Forrest isn't going to just stand there and get hit either. Forrest can take him down a lot easier then 185's can. Forrest can definately out muscle Anderson. And just based on the difference in weight which is mostly muscle and size for Forrest, I think he has a higher chance in submitting or KO'ing Anderson than most people in here are giving him.

I can't wait to see forest win you are all making forest sound like a nobody in 205.

Typical Silva Fan this is exactly what I'm talking about. No respect towards Forrest.

I don't see Forrest getting knocked out

I see him winning by knock out or decision

but if he does lose it won't be by KO, submission maybe or decision

I really hope forrest wins. just so this Silva hype will die down

Damn did you hear all those Boo's aimed towards the spider at the weigh ins? You know most fans are on Forrest's side. The Spider will get squashed tonight I'm by your side all the way Forrest BTW Joa saying Silva is the Pound for pound "best fighter in the world" is the most inaccurate false statement I've ever heard. Lyoto Machida falls into that category. At least he's beat bigger names than Silva & names with bigger skill set.

I have so much confidence in Forrest to win this fight its ridiculous. He is just a different breed of fighter...I am so excited

Originally Posted by drock2010

Originally Posted by quik1987

RIP Forrest Griffin
right
grin.gif

48550002.jpeg

laugh.gif

*and Forrest's action wasn't him trying to defend himself he was saying "no mas!"

**Silva vs. Couture would be a stupid useless fight.

***all that smack Kenny was talking
laugh.gif

Whoa he went in with an injury. That sucks. Maybe if he was 100% we'll never know, but oh well. Griffin looked slower than usual today.Not the best Forrest
tired.gif
Next time. but Mojo address? I'm a man of my word like Isaid
glasses.gif

Haha I called this.

Silvia muay thai is too accurate ...griffin was soooo slow. Easy counter. On the button

Originally Posted by Legendk1ller

Whoa he went in with an injury. That sucks. Maybe if he was 100% we'll never know, but oh well. Griffin looked slower than usual today.Not the best Forrest
tired.gif
Next time.
no.

you read wrong.

he didnt go in with an injury.

the injury was caused by silva before the final ko punch.

and forrest didnt look slow, silva is that quick.

stop making 'subtile' excuses.

'next time'
roll.gif

but Mojo address? I'm a man of my word like I said
glasses.gif

dont act like he didnt post it already
laugh.gif

1530 s. saltair ave #3 los angeles, ca 90025. sendit legend. on my cell but who wants a free beer???

as for silva, gsp could beat him.

as long as he took no part in the standup, (and i mean none, like vintage guida type constant takedown pressure) and only traded as a way to get out of a toughspots.

he's the best wrestler in mma, ultra quick, strong and athletic, and probably has the 2nd or 3rd most precise striking in the sport behind silva andmaybe machida.

he's also more adept than anyone at not just getting the takedown but getting the takedown from range.

silva would still win 8 or 9 out of 10 times but if there's one guy it's gsp.

anybody else think that Penn is slowing down a bit? maybe he has 2-3 more fights in him? I dont want to see bj go down like chuck. he needs to retire while heis still on top. With the 3 fights that he has i say Diego, gray and maybe GSP again.
pimp.gif

Looks like anderson's going to stay a light heavy permanently...

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_y...5nYcB?slug=dw-silva080909&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

That Silva could move up a weight class and not just win, but destroy with power, was a game-changing and perhaps UFC-altering moment. That's what Silvaand his manager, Ed Soares, wanted to discuss with White.

With his arm rapped around White's shoulder, Soares leaned in and delivered a proposition. "Spider" Silva would move permanently to lightheavyweight, even if it meant the unorthodox move of giving up his middleweight belt.

"I can do that," White smiled, a bit stunned at the offer. "I like that. We can do that."

BJ- Whos next in that division? I can't even think of any contenders right now.
I think Diego has a good shot at it. BJs been fighting people smaller than him(but not necessarily weaker). I could see Diego employing the sametechnique as GSP did and being successful at it + good cardio(will be crucial for the 4th and 5th round)...he just might be the answer for BJ. Diego's hugefor a lightweight too.

mad.gif
I got hatred for BJ though so im biased
laugh.gif

Anderson vs Wanderlai
nerd.gif

But I expect the biggest UFC fight in history to go down next summer..GSP vs Anderson,
eek.gif

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

BJ- Whos next in that division? I can't even think of any contenders right now.
I think Diego has a good shot at it. BJs been fighting people smaller than him(but not necessarily weaker). I could see Diego employing the same technique as GSP did and being successful at it + good cardio(will be crucial for the 4th and 5th round)...he just might be the answer for BJ. Diego's huge for a lightweight too.

mad.gif
I got hatred for BJ though so im biased
laugh.gif

thing is, the only thing Diego has on BJ is wrestling...and we all know BJs take down defense is unreal.

BJ by third round RNC

Back
Top Bottom