Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Oliveira is only 20
sick.gif
This kid has a great future if he's mentally tough.

After the knee to the nuts, he wasn't %**%%@! around with Escudero any more.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

oliveira putting his hand in his shorts & rubbing his cup & rogan saying you can't do that on tv or something like that.  
laugh.gif

that ref was an idiot telling him to hurry up and recover after that knee to the nuts.  plus i read he was talking to him in spanish.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

So Sonnen tested positive for roids for the Silva fight. Fraud cheated and still lost.
Damn.

I guess this kills the potentia Sonnen/Silva l rematch.

What form of punishment does the UFC normally issue for testing positive for PEDs?

Originally Posted by toine2983

So Sonnen tested positive for roids for the Silva fight. Fraud cheated and still lost.
Damn.

What form of punishment does the UFC normally issue for testing positive for PEDs?

Isn't it like 6 months to a year?

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

Damn.

The CSAC is most likely going to give him a year's suspension.

Dana should just suspend Sonnen and pull him from the rematch, replace him with Vitor, and make Nate v. Okami for the #1 contenders match.

Good thing Spider locked in that hail mary triangle

Would hate to see White have to clean up after that mess
indifferent.gif

Sonnen
indifferent.gif
eyes.gif
tired.gif

On the flip side, it would be nice to see Anderson finish off Vitor and then move up to LHW to wind his career down. Don't care to see him fight Okami or Nate
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

Damn.

Dana should just suspend Sonnen and pull him from the rematch, replace him with Vitor, and make Nate v. Okami for the #1 contenders match.

I honestly wouldnt be surprised if this actually ends up happening. 

I still feel that Nate is the #2 middleweight in the division however. I would love to see how he matches up against Silva again.

Originally Posted by Club29

I still feel that Nate is the #2 middleweight in the division however. I would love to see how he matches up against Silva again.
this is what needs to happen.  i've been dying to see vitor v. silva since they first announced that it was going to happen.  i also dont want the UFC screwin with my gravy train Marquardt (save the 1 crushing blow in the Sonnen fight).  A bet on Marquardt has virtually been money in the bank.  If he fights Okami, chances are the oddsmakers will make Marquardt a slight favorite and I wont have to risk as much to get a free W.

an article said that before he took the piss test, he told the officials he might test positive.  
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by Club29

this is what needs to happen.  i've been dying to see vitor v. silva since they first announced that it was going to happen.  i also dont want the UFC screwin with my gravy train Marquardt (save the 1 crushing blow in the Sonnen fight).  A bet on Marquardt has virtually been money in the bank.  If he fights Okami, chances are the oddsmakers will make Marquardt a slight favorite and I wont have to risk as much to get a free W.

Nah they should keep Okami/Belfort and the winner gets a title shot since Anderson will be out until at least February with the rib injury. Feb/March is enough time for the Okami/Belfort winner to be ready for Anderson.

Sonnen will be suspended for at least a year by the CSAC. Especially since they were PED's, and not natural steroids. I'd like to hear him trash talk now.  What a tool.
roll.gif

I really don't want to see Marquart fight Anderson again. It'll be quite one sided yet again.

Honestly I hope they keep it the way it is, Vitor vs Okami. Both guys are intriguing matchups for Silva, Okami should of gotten a shot a long time ago, and Belfort/Silva is going to generate PPV sales.

Nate, should fight the winner of the Bisping/Sexyama or face the loser of the Vitor/Okami fight. I like Nate, but I hope he doesn't turn into a choker like K-Flo.

And Chael,
30t6p3b.gif
mtr2aw.jpg

BELFORT OUT OF UFC 122: MARQUARDT STEPS IN

An injury has forced Vitor Belfort out of his UFC 122 main event fight against Yushin Okami in Germany. In to replace Belfort will be Nate Marquardt, who just picked up a TKO win over Rousimar Palhares at UFC Fight Night 22.

Marquardt's placement in the fight was confirmed to MMAWeekly.com by sources close to the bout, who stated the fight has been signed for the new main event at UFC 122.

Bouncing back strong from his loss to Chael Sonnen in February, Marquardt made short work of Palhares in their fight last Wednesday night in Austin, Texas.

Following a leg lock attempt from Palhares early in the first round, Marquardt hammered the Brazilian with a punch that rattled him, and then proceeded to finish the fight just seconds later, getting the win at 3:28 into the bout.

The win was Marquardt's ninth in the UFC. The Colorado fighter had stated he hoped to get another fight sooner rather than later following the victory. It looks like he got his wish.

There has been no official word about the injury sustained by Belfort, but MMAWeekly.com will continue to follow the news and provide an update when more information is available.

The bout between Marquardt and Okami will headline UFC 122 in Germany, which will air via tape delay in the United States on Spike TV.

Prior to the change, the fight between Okami and Belfort was to determine a new No. 1 contender to the middleweight title. In all likelihood, the fight between Okami and Marquardt would carry the same stipulation.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/...cleid=12664&zoneid=2

If he can just stay healthy, I wouldn't be surprised if the UFC just gives Vitor Chael's spot. The more I think about it, the more I find it funny that Vitor hurting himself for this fight is coming right after Chael is found to have high testosterone levels.

Smh. Vitor will have to fight his way back to the top. Looks like Marquardt will get his shot after all.

Thank heavens.

A Vitor/Okami was so 
eyes.gif

An Okami/Silva matchup would have been even more
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif

If Silva wrecks him I hope he moves out of that division and up to LHW to finish out his career
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom