[ Official N.Y. METS 2008 OFF-SEASON: MURPHY PERMANENT LEFT FIELDER ]

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Your announcers blow

Tell me you're not a Yankee fan...

I have a bunch of friends that are Yankee and Phillies fans that are objective and even they can admit that the SNY crew is very good.

Another win down the tubes for Santana, but at least we won the game. All we needed was 3 outs. Actually 2. I love Reyes do death, but am I the only one thatsees he has a hard time getting on base when we really need him to get on base. He seems to always fly out to the outfield when we desperately need him onfirst. Basically our AA team beat the Padres today. Mets offense is anemic and if we don't give our bullpen a big enough lead then we will have a hard timewinning games. These cats need a 2-3 run lead in order for them to close it out. Glad we won hopefully we can sweep the Pesky Marlins.

just wanted to stop by and thank you guys again for Milledge. Millz mashed two homers today, his swing is so quick and smooth. how's Church and Schneiderdoing for ya?
roll.gif

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Your announcers blow

roll.gif

I turned the TV off once I heard Gary Cohen's HR call

laugh.gif

And no the K is not good. I just like David Cone.

And I really have a hard time with the radio
sick.gif

It's all been said, Santana pitches another wasted effort, but keeps the team in which helped them get it back in the 9th. Thank you, David. Hopefullythis gets him white hot for the next couple of weeks and we will be sitting pretty I believe.

Couldn't see the game again today because I was at work but I was following on the FAN and MLB.com, and I'm not being biased when I say that Cohen,Darling, and Keith are GREAT. And Howie Rose doing the radio is also awesome in my opinion.

If I was a Yankee fan(Thank God I'm not), I would have to mute the TV and would not be able to even put on the radio for the commentary part because bothsides are terrible.

officialbang, You got that shirt idea ready yet? And I didn't get any pix of the Knicks one. Let me know the deal.

Originally Posted by youngin33

And Howie Rose doing the radio is also awesome in my opinion.

If I was a Yankee fan(Thank God I'm not), I would have to mute the TV and would not be able to even put on the radio for the commentary part because both sides are terrible.

Howie Rose...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

He is the man, as well. He, like Sterling, can make any regular-season game feel like it's the playoffs or something. Thankfully, Rose doesn'thave that overblown ego of Sterling.

And yes, the Yankees have announcing teams on both sides that aren't that great (Ken Singleton and David Cone are cool, though) but I'd still takeJohn Sterling and Suzyn Waldman over Joe Buck and Tim McCarver.

Originally Posted by briannnnn

And yes, the Yankees have announcing teams on both sides that aren't that great (Ken Singleton and David Cone are cool, though) but I'd still take John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman over Joe Buck and Tim McCarver.
I would also take the Yankee team over the Fox team any day, but it doesn't say a whole lot.

I can tolerate Singleton and Cone but those two are sooo laid back at times.

I'm too laid back in itself so watching a game that's too laid back gets me feelin' tired.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I can tolerate Singleton and Cone but those two are sooo laid back at times.

I'm too laid back in itself so watching a game that's too laid back gets me feelin' tired.
laugh.gif

Yea. Really. Both are really really calm.

Even the Home run calls.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ddot7

Your announcers blow

Tell me you're not a Yankee fan...

I have a bunch of friends that are Yankee and Phillies fans that are objective and even they can admit that the SNY crew is very good.

I should have just said Hernandez does. That sexist son of a @$%%*.
smh.gif

And I just dislike him. But I like the SNY crew actually. Watch them over YES sometimes. Some good shows.

LOL @ Keith being sexist, that women belong in the kitchen comment had me rollin'.

He pretty much has a memorable comment daily, word to "patwa" being "pa $+%*".
laugh.gif

"No play for Mr. Grey"

I know I'm biased, but I love the SNY crew. They work so well together, Ron gives a lot of good insight and Keith provides some comic relief, as well ashis thoughts/experiences. I will say that even though I love Gary's excitement on the HR calls, the same old "And it's OUTTAHERE!" call iskinda ehh.

"....and Wright hits it far to deep right field, Giles running back, onto the warning track, looking up, at the wallllllll.....its outta here!"

I remember when Ventura hit that grand slam-single, Gary kept shouting "its outta here! its outta here! its outta here!"

Never gets old.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

"....and Wright hits it far to deep right field, Giles running back, onto the warning track, looking up, at the wallllllll.....its outta here!"

I remember when Ventura hit that grand slam-single, Gary kept shouting "its outta here! its outta here! its outta here!"

Never gets old.

I gotta cosign Gary has the best homerun call in baseball if you ask me. Its so beautiful, and Howie's Put it in the books is jsut as soothing as well.

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Ralph Kiner sounds like he goes on air after pounding a case of beer.

That's why Ralph Kiner is awesome.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

You speak the truth

And some friends and I do use some Howie Roseisms in real life...my friend loves the way he says "FASTBALLLLL"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Ralph Kiner sounds like he goes on air after pounding a case of beer.

That's why Ralph Kiner is awesome.

Well, the sad part is that his speech is slurred because I believe he had a stroke. Kiner is extremely knowledgeable, funny and was one of the best youngplayers to have played the game. I want to meet him, for real. He's the kind of dude that when he speaks about baseball, I listen.

Ralph is always hysterical with his stories but his speech disorder makes him difficult to understand at times, and he says a lot of things that doesn'tmake any sense.
laugh.gif

"All of his saves have come in relief appearances"

"All of the Mets road wins against the Dodgers this year occurred at Dodger Stadium."

"The Mets have gotten their leadoff batter on only once this inning."

"I think one of the most difficult things for anyone who's played baseball is to accept the fact that maybe the players today are playing just as wellas ever. "

"Darryl Strawberry has been voted to the Hall of Fame five years in a row. "

Back
Top Bottom