Official N.Y. Yankees 2009 SEASON THREAD (103-59) WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

A-Rod on the way back.
pimp.gif

arod's gonna have a big year even with the month off

.318 43 110

put those #'s in the books
pimp.gif

Tuesday 5/5: RHP Josh Beckett (2-2, 7.22) vs. RHP Joba Chamberlain (1-0, 3.13), 7:05, YES, ESPN

YANKEES (13-12)
Jeter SS
Damon LF
Teixeira 1B
Matsui DH
Cano 2B
Swisher RF
Cabrera CF
Pena 3B
Molina C
Pitching: RHP Joba Chamberlain (1-0, 3.13).

RED SOX (16-10)
Ellsbury CF
Pedroia 2B
Ortiz DH
Bay LF
Lowell 3B
Drew RF
Bailey 1B
Varitek C
Green SS

Pitching: RHP Josh Beckett (2-2, 7.22).

Turns out Cash was recovering from some injury...Cervelli is the most "ready" of the Yankee catchers in the minors despite his so-so numbers...theother guys either are terrible hitters or cannot throw base stealers out.

I'm wondering how many people are going to get thrown at tonight...

the yankees have 2 catchers in Jesus Montero (almost ready, big prospect) and Austin Romine (not as far along) in the minors and its a shame they are notready. It is ironic with all the catching depth throughout the minors AND signing Kevin Cash that we still have to resort to Cervelli. Hopefully it's only3 weeks or so.

I started thinking about some midseason pickups the yankees should consider if things get worse injury wise or performance wise. Anyone agree that Mike Cameronis still a good fit? Would you move big names for Matt Holliday mid season?

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

the yankees have 2 catchers in Jesus Montero (almost ready, big prospect) and Austin Romine (not as far along) in the minors and its a shame they are not ready. It is ironic with all the catching depth throughout the minors AND signing Kevin Cash that we still have to resort to Cervelli. Hopefully it's only 3 weeks or so.

I started thinking about some midseason pickups the yankees should consider if things get worse injury wise or performance wise. Anyone agree that Mike Cameron is still a good fit? Would you move big names for Matt Holliday mid season?

Jesus Montero is no where near ready. He MIGHT be a September call up in 2 years.

Those in New York right now...

If you want to go see the Yankees play & need ticket for CHEAP.... go to StubHub!!!

Tickets for $5.... $6.... $7....

and LOTS of them available!

And that's for tomorrow's Rays game.... I'm sure its the same for most games

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Those in New York right now...

If you want to go see the Yankees play & need ticket for CHEAP.... go to StubHub!!!

Tickets for $5.... $6.... $7....

and LOTS of them available!

And that's for tomorrow's Rays game.... I'm sure its the same for most games

I saw $5.99 tickets for Thursday =
eek.gif

I let my friend know about it so that he could take his gf along...he wanted to take advantage of the $5 tix they had on yankees.com but they already had soldout.

But yeah, heed TBONE's advice because a LOT of tickets are available for good prices.

Anyone going on Thursday? Sec 411 is where I'll be
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I wish I was able to go to any of these games. My friends who follow baseball the way I do, they are Mets fans
tired.gif
. If tickets are those prices for Friday game, there is a chance I could go,but not too sure.

Why are they so cheap? Because of the weather I assume?

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

the yankees have 2 catchers in Jesus Montero (almost ready, big prospect) and Austin Romine (not as far along) in the minors and its a shame they are not ready. It is ironic with all the catching depth throughout the minors AND signing Kevin Cash that we still have to resort to Cervelli. Hopefully it's only 3 weeks or so.

I started thinking about some midseason pickups the yankees should consider if things get worse injury wise or performance wise. Anyone agree that Mike Cameron is still a good fit? Would you move big names for Matt Holliday mid season?
Yeah, other than Austin Jackson, there is no one else who could make a huge impact until 2010 and beyond. Plus the Yankees have 97248624824pitchers in the farm system who will probably just get dealt for more prospects or aging stars.

The thing with Montero was that they were going to make him a 1B if his catching ability didn't pan out...considering Tex is now our 1B for a long time, wegotta hope Montero becomes one of the greatest catchers of all time...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bkmac

I wish I was able to go to any of these games. My friends who follow baseball the way I do, they are Mets fans
tired.gif
. If tickets are those prices for Friday game, there is a chance I could go, but not too sure.

Why are they so cheap? Because of the weather I assume?
Probably has more to do with the economy and because the Yankees aren't as dominant as they were in the late '90s...considering how theYankees have had their tails handed to them by the Red Sox and some other teams, some ppl are put off by that and don't really want to go see the Yankeesanymore...

Also, since this new Yankee Stadium is gonna be around for a while, ppl feel that there is no sense of urgency to go see a game. That's why so many peoplewent to see games last year; it was the final year of the old stadium and people wanted to go so they can have one final chance to see the old stadium.

O lord and how bout a little bay watch (No Pamela)

t1_bay.jpg

The new Yankee killer is here, TAKE THAT TAKE THAT.

I wouldnt put it past the NY media if they go after Joba with a comment about his mother 2morrow.

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

I wouldnt put it past the NY media if they go after Joba with a comment about his mother 2morrow.
Oh they will most definitely
smh.gif

Originally Posted by SCuse7

This is why we won't win anything.

Some guys just aren't reliable when you need it.

smh.gif
No, they aren't reliable when they are playing outside of where they should which is the BP.

Back
Top Bottom