Official N.Y. Yankees 2009 SEASON THREAD (103-59) WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

EXTRA EXTRA...............READ ALL ABOUT IT.

back050509.jpg
\

gal_backpage_0505.jpg

They arent too bad today but I got a feeling if Joba gets shelled today its not gonna be good 2morrow.

So apparently a good amount of fans left thinking the game was postponed, only to find out that the game was on, and weren't allowed re-entry.

Kinda foul if you ask me. Sometimes, you have to bend the rules when exigent circumstances arise.

Yankee organization fail.

And yeah, Swish looks up as a tribute to his grandparents. That #%*@ tripped me out the first few times I saw it.
laugh.gif

Damn that is pretty grimey. Why would they not let people back in? I figured it would be like an amusement park type thing since you have your ticket with youi mean its not like your just trying to walk in like nah I was here already.

It's one of those stupid rules that make no sense...like not letting anyone move up in the 9th inning of a blowout.

I still sneak down, though. It's impossible now though, since the ushers (can I call them that?) used to be easy to spot since they wore yellow...now theywear navy blue. Can't make sure the coast is clear anymore. Slick bastards.
smh.gif

So, I hate Papelbon with a passion. Call me a hypocrite for being okay with the Joba fistpump, but Papelbon irks the @@%! out of me. Between that annoying%$@%!#% stare he does before the pitch, and his post game antics, I can't stand him. Yes, I'm mad.

Originally Posted by bkmac

So, I hate Papelbon with a passion. Call me a hypocrite for being okay with the Joba fistpump, but Papelbon irks the @@%! out of me. Between that annoying %$@%!#% stare he does before the pitch, and his post game antics, I can't stand him. Yes, I'm mad.

I saw it this morning. Paplebon is a @%*+%%* scumbag and a bloody douche.

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

So, I hate Papelbon with a passion. Call me a hypocrite for being okay with the Joba fistpump, but Papelbon irks the @@%! out of me. Between that annoying %$@%!#% stare he does before the pitch, and his post game antics, I can't stand him. Yes, I'm mad.

sick.gif

Jonathan%20Papelbon%202.jpg

papelbon.jpg

jonathan-papelbon2.jpg

jonathan_papelbon.jpg

papelbon.jpg

201489bc49_ltp102207redsoxsc56.jpg

sorry...you guys were basically baiting me to do that tho
laugh.gif

Something posted on a Yankee blog that seems to be a hypothesis behind Youkilis aggravating his injury:
(if you already heard the following, I apologize)

Did you all hear the Bogar story? I think this is hysterical! I heard someone report it on the FAN this morning. Bogar was apparently trying to pick up signs. Who knows how successful he was since the Red Sox did manage to get quite a few base runners. Well anyway, Girardi apparently picked up on it and gave the word to Molina. When Youklis went to bat, they switched the sign and Molina first put his glove as if he was calling for one pitch but then moved it over after Hughes was in motion. Hughes knew what was going on so he pitched to where the glove ended up. They said Youklis went after the phatom pitch with a vengeance and that was supposedly the AB where he reinjured himself.

KARMA. I just love it!!!!

The supposition from the caller on the FAN is that when Girardi told Bogar to be careful because someone could get hurt, the HBP (was it Ellsbury, can't remember) was the outcome.

I LOVE JOE GIRARDI!

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Something posted on a Yankee blog that seems to be a hypothesis behind Youkilis aggravating his injury:

Did you all hear the Bogar story? I think this is hysterical! I heard someone report it on the FAN this morning. Bogar was apparently trying to pick up signs. Who knows how successful he was since the Red Sox did manage to get quite a few base runners. Well anyway, Girardi apparently picked up on it and gave the word to Molina. When Youklis went to bat, they switched the sign and Molina first put his glove as if he was calling for one pitch but then moved it over after Hughes was in motion. Hughes knew what was going on so he pitched to where the glove ended up. They said Youklis went after the phatom pitch with a vengeance and that was supposedly the AB where he reinjured himself.

The supposition from the caller on the FAN is that when Girardi told Bogar to be careful because someone could get hurt, the HBP (was it Ellsbury, can't remember) was the outcome.

I LOVE JOE GIRARDI!

laugh.gif

Hughes looks like his stuff is on point. His fastball has pop and he has some filthy stuff

It was a shame that the ump last night had a strikezone that expanded and contracted at will. Really screwed both teams.

It was a shame that the ump last night had a strikezone that expanded and contracted at will. Really screwed both teams.
yeah that ump was horrendous

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Jonathan%20Papelbon%202.jpg

papelbon.jpg

jonathan-papelbon2.jpg

jonathan_papelbon.jpg

papelbon.jpg

201489bc49_ltp102207redsoxsc56.jpg

sorry...you guys were basically baiting me to do that tho
laugh.gif
This guy reminds me of Spencer from the Hills ....i hate both more than ne thing

Jorge Posada will reportedly be placed on the disabled list with a hamstring strain.

There's no word yet on how long Posada will be out, but Jose Molina is expected to take over as the starting catcher in his absence with Kevin Cash most likely getting the call to back him up.

Lets hope it's 4 weeks or less
tired.gif

well nick green doin a good job against his old team for us so far so maybe one of our throw aways could give you guys a lil boost. Nah but forreal hes adecent catcher but his bat could use some work. but I doubt we see him 2nite unless Giradi feelin a little froggy and hopes Cash could stick it to us.

if i ever seen papelbon in person it's a buck 50 on site. girardi was snippy all night, i like it .

posada on the DL is bad, arod will hopefully pick up the slack.....

I LOVE JOE GIRARDI!

amazing, bout time Girardi made a ballsy move

No Kevin Cash
roll.gif

From LoHud:

UPDATE, 3:46 p.m. Francisco Cervelli was called up from Double-A Trenton.

UPDATE, 4:06 p.m.: The Yankees are saying officially that Posada will be out 2-3 weeks. But within the clubhouse, the fear us that it could be more like 3-5 weeks.

UPDATE, 4:09 p.m.: A-Rod was 3 for 6 with two homers, a single and a lineout. He also had to make several plays in the field.

Sounds like a Friday return.

No Kevin Cash
roll.gif

From LoHud:

UPDATE, 3:46 p.m. Francisco Cervelli was called up from Double-A Trenton.

UPDATE, 4:06 p.m.: The Yankees are saying officially that Posada will be out 2-3 weeks. But within the clubhouse, the fear us that it could be more like 3-5 weeks.

UPDATE, 4:09 p.m.: A-Rod was 3 for 6 with two homers, a single and a lineout. He also had to make several plays in the field.

Sounds like a Friday return.

Where's Kevin Cash? Not that he's any better, but at least he has the experience over Cervelli (who isn't even hitting all that wellin AA).

Back
Top Bottom