Official N.Y. Yankees 2009 SEASON THREAD (103-59) WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

Originally Posted by bkmac

Burnett K's people. Then again, so does CC, and Wang gets groundballs, and did any of that happen for the two?
ohwell.gif
That's my point. The things that our starters NORMALLY do, hasn't been done.
No I know that's what you were getting at. I was just repeating it in frustration.

I'll put it this way. I know it's early in the season, and I'm not worried about how things will pan out, but it's just not the way I expectedthis team to start off the season.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

[Yankees fan] c'mon guys, it's only 2 games [/Yankees fan]
What else do you expect us to say?

We suck? It's two games. Yes everyone expected us to sweep the Orioles or at least win the series because of the money thrown around, but everyone has abad game(s).
ohwell.gif

I'm surprised that Yankees fans are calm. Okay the NY media will be all over this... but still.....

I see Jeter worked with A-Rod in the offseason.

Hitting HR's when it doesn't count.

Relax, it was just a joke. A bad one that is.

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

I see Jeter worked with A-Rod in the offseason.

Hitting HR's when it doesn't count.

Relax, it was just a joke. A bad one that is.

You had me worried that was going to end with a steroid joke.

Highlight of the night, Teix' finally getting a hit.

Nice to see a rally in the 9th, too bad we came up short. Hideki should have taken a pitch or two instead of swinging first pitch.

Hopefully AJ pitches well tomorrow, and as advertised. And what I mean by that, is plenty of strikeouts.

Oh, and by the way guys, if we go 0-162, I know not to make the season thread next season.

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

frown.gif
tired.gif

UPDATE, 8:51 p.m.: You know the bad news. Here is the good news: The last Yankees team to start 0-2 were the 1998 Yankees. They proceeded to win 114 of the remaining 160 games and rolled to the World Series. So maybe this is a good sign.
from http://yankees.lhblogs.com/

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm looking forward to The Masters tomorrow.
pimp.gif

And for the Yankees:

160-2 is still within reach.
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom