Official N.Y. Yankees 2009 SEASON THREAD (103-59) WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

Markakis WILL be a Yankee.

laugh.gif
there is no chance. he loves it here and the o's future is looking better. can't wait for matt wieters!

Originally Posted by ScoopEm

laugh.gif
there is no chance. he loves it here and the o's future is looking better.
No it's not
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

They're in the same division as the YANKEES, RED SOX, and RAYS

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

laugh.gif
No it's not
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

So what. I'm not gonna be homer and guarantee we make the playoffs in 2 years or some %!!$ like that, but to not see that the O's future is lookingbetter is stupid. We have the best RF in the league, the best prospect in Matt Wieters, and 3 pitchers in the minors who have front of the rotation stuff inTillman, Matusz, and Arrieta. Also, Adam Jones in roaming in CF and he's already one of the better defensive outfielders in the league. His offensive gameis going to get there too.

Ever since Andy MacPhail took over, the organization has been doing things the right way and making smart moves. I'm excited.

I'm impressed with how Adam Jones has developed.

I still
laugh.gif
at Seattle for giving the Orioles him AND George Sherrill in exchange for Erik Bedard.

Originally Posted by briannnnn

I'm impressed with how Adam Jones has developed.

I still
laugh.gif
at Seattle for giving the Orioles him AND George Sherrill in exchange for Erik Bedard.

and chris tillman who is one of the best young pitching prospects in baseball

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

laugh.gif
No it's not
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You REALLY think that our "future" isn't looking better? Before last season started, you probably wouldn't have said that theRays had much of a chance in the same division as the Sox & Yankees. I am in no way saying that this process is going to happen overnight, but you'dbe foolish to think that:

1. Our young players aren't ready to contribute
2. That our farm system isn't getting better by the year...

The Yankees formula of going after the big-time FA hasn't exactly panned out. Yeah, they went after pitching this year, but it remains to be seen if thesemoves will ultimately pay off. There is always a sleeper team in MLB who surprises everyone....not saying it's going to be the O's (this year), butdon't be surprised if it happens sooner rather than later.

Quietly, Peter Angelos and Andy MacPhail have done a good job of re-buliding the team/farm and also dumping overpaid/overrated players....We have a good mix oftalented vets (Roberts, Huff, Mora) and young studs (Jones and Markakis)...the pitching is the only question mark because the offense is gonna put up some#'s this year. However, we got some great young talent in the minors...Brian Matusz, Jake Arrieta, and Chris Tillman....again, with the young talent wegot on the farm, don't be surprised if we make a big jump sooner rather than later....

*can't forget about Wieters also....dude has the potential to be the best C in MLB in a short amount of time....

AL East about to turn into the NFC East of MLB (not that it pretty much wasn't already). All 5 teams are %#+@#!% solid.

DoubleJ's why not make a season thread? You're probably the only O's fan I've recognized over the last few years
laugh.gif

And about Mora, he is getting a little up there in age although he's still producing. Anyone down there to replace him?

Good morning everyone. Beautiful day for baseball in New York right now, I'm sure it's the same in Baltimore
pimp.gif

Thursday 4/9 :
RHP A.J. Burnett (18-10, 4.07) vs. RHP Alfredo Simon (0-0, 6.23), 1:35, YES, WCBS 880

YANKEES (0-2)

Jeter SS
Damon LF
Teixeira 1B
Nady DH
Cano 2B
Swisher RF
Ransom 3B
Gardner CF
Molina C
Pitching today: RHP A.J. Burnett.

ORIOLES (2-0)
Roberts 2B
Jones CF
Markakis RF
Huff 1B
Wigginton 3B
Scott DH
Pie RF
Moeller C
Izturis SS

Pitching today: RHP Alfredo Simon.

Alfredo Simon has never faced any of the New York hitters.

I'm happy to see the lineup has changed, maybe it will help us.. Swisher getting the start, good to see, he's hit the ball well the first two gamescoming off the bench. The two things I would change is have Gardner bat 9th again and put Molina in the 8th hole, and Nady batting cleanup? I don't knowabout that one. But we'll see how it goes.

Ah, I won't be around for the game, going to a BBQ for a friends birthday (have to take advantage of this New York weather). I will be keeping up withthe game, whether it is watching it at my friends or the pocket radio I will be bringing (that's dedication
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
)

The lineup is different, hopefully that helps our cause, and hopefully Burnett can stop this early bleeding we have on our hands.

Enjoy the game, everyone.

Can I get Freel in the lineup please? Wigginton is gonna get on my nerves all season. SMH.

Here comes the Orioles problem. Last 3 pitchers in the rotation are random bums off the streets.

Originally Posted by JordanPP30

Can I get Freel in the lineup please? Wigginton is gonna get on my nerves all season. SMH.

Here comes the Orioles problem. Last 3 pitchers in the rotation are random bums off the streets.

But the Yankees have never seen this guy, so this "bum" is gonna pitch like a hybrid of Cy Young, Grover Cleveland Alexander and Christy Mathewson
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom