Official N.Y. Yankees 2009 SEASON THREAD (103-59) WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

Originally Posted by onewearz

HE PIMPED THE #*@+ OUTTA THAT TROT
roll.gif

This.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

That was great.

He's still my dude, that's why
pimp.gif

And yea I %@+!+$ up, that other Cano gif would've been classic but I was tired as hell.

Greatest Yankee I have seen in person in a long time, if not, ever.
pimp.gif

Place went nuts when HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGHES struck out the side. And during the Cano walk-off too,
laugh.gif

I was yelling at him from the upper deck "PRETEND NO ONE'S ON BASE!" Guess it worked.

yanks are my fav team. im hopping they have a good playoff season and maybe even win it! Theyre on fiiyaaa

my little brother called the homerun and left the room, about 20 seconds after he leaves the room....BOOM! walk off i was like
eek.gif
pimp.gif

I don't know if this was posted, but
pimp.gif

[h2]Yankees claim Chris Carter in Wagner deal[/h2]
mo_rivera_tiny.jpg
by Travis G on Aug 28, 2009 2:25 PM EDT in News
comment.v1599.png
13 comments

Solely to create difficulty for the Red Sox, the Yankees placed a waiver claim on the player going to the Mets in the Billy Wagner trade. By doing so, it forces Boston to keep him on the 40-man roster the rest of the year because (if I understand this correctly) if the Sox had not pulled Carter back, and the Yanks got him, the Wagner trade would've fallen through, so they had to 're-claim' him to ensure the Wagner trade was completed.
The Red Sox and Yankees are suddenly and surprisingly engaged in a game of roster brinksmanship over the fate of Pawtucket outfielder Chris Carter, who is as shocked as anybody to be involved and trying to find a way out of it so he can play in September for the New York Mets.

Carter was one of two players to be named later in the Tuesday deal that sent Mets reliever Billy Wagner to Boston. Because the trade was made after July 31, all players have to clear waivers to play again this season. But the New York Yankees put in a waiver claim to block Carter's move to the Mets, presumably to create roster difficulty for the Red Sox.

Having pulled Carter back from waivers, the Red Sox must now carry him on their 40-man roster for the rest of the season -- a spot they might prefer to use on a pitcher. The trade can't be completed until after the season, denying Carter a chance to play and the Mets a chance to see what they've got in him.

The Sox and Mets are now trying to develop their own strategies to find their way out of the mess, and get Carter to the Mets by Sept. 1.

Take that, Boston!

http://www.pinstripealley.com/2009/8/28/1005968/yankees-claim-chris-carter-in?ref=yahoo

And this dude Craig Carton is hilarious. I wake up to Boomer and Carton every morning.
pimp.gif

Hairston with the RBI double.
pimp.gif

Makes my hair stand on end (nh)
laugh.gif

Funny thing about the Yankees acquiring Carter is that is screws both the Red Sox and Mets but mainly the Sox since they are now forced to keep Carter on theirroster, limiting their flexibility to expand the rosters in September.

Ski-mask Cash FTW

yanks are 81-48

just think that 98 team lost 48 for the year
eek.gif

domination ..........................

And Swish is a clown...said to Suzyn Waldman after the game that the name Sergio is "the coolest name in baseball"
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Good win.

And yes, +1 for home boy being a member of Team Grey Underbrim.

Rios's pic had him in a grey underbrim as well,
laugh.gif

They're not coming anywhere near the number of reps the A's got...I bet their equipment manager got their grey underbrims from Peg and other localshops
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom