Official N.Y. Yankees 2009 SEASON THREAD (103-59) WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Posada has always been a punk. Always running his mouth stirring !%@@ up.

I don't hate the Yankees but I definitely have hated the fact that they seem to always be the antagonists in situations like this.

Clemens, punk $!% Joba, Posada.... Disgusting.
Somebody call the whaaaaaaaaaaambulance.

So I guess Tino Martinez was a punk and antagonist for fighting the patron saint of suck, Armando Benitez, after he intentionally threw at him?
So you think b/c he was once a Met that I would support his bush league actions?
laugh.gif

I couldn't even remember the incident. I had to google it and realized that Armando was with the O's.

Anyway, all I was saying (and like the newspapers said), is why would the Yankees get themselves into a situation like that where someone could have gottenhurt right before the post-season is about to start? Suspensions... etc. All that to disrupt the rhythm they have going.

You're CRUISING through the season and clicking on all cylinders. Why on earth would you be the antagonist in that type of situation??

And not ONE of you (maybe bkmac) even expressed dismay over the brawl. I hope the Yankees "get it" cuz you guys don't seem to.
laugh.gif

CHAMPIONSHIP. That's what this is supposed to be about, no?

punch those ALCS tickets, fellas
laugh.gif

nah seriously tho...looking more and more like we're all going to get our wish. we're on a roll right now...playoffs getting closer and closer in handevery day

In all fairness Shuges, they had lost 3 of 4 so the rhythm has not been there the last week or so. Maybe Posada did it to fire up the team who had been playingpretty poorly against the Orioles and up to that point against the BJ's. I'm not condoning his actions but I'm not going to crucify or be in astate of dismay over it. People get hit and tempers flare. They're men, this stuff will happen once in a while. Everyone knows Jorge has a bit of a temper,he wouldn't have let that one go.

Originally Posted by jrp44

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

nerd.gif

We aint dead yet!!!!!!
[table][tr][td]NY Yankees[/td] [td]94[/td] [td]53[/td] [td].639[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]52-23[/td] [td]42-30[/td] [td]843[/td] [td]694[/td] [td]+149[/td] [td]Won 1[/td] [td]7-3[/td] [td]100.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Boston[/td] [td]86[/td] [td]58[/td] [td].597[/td] [td]6.5[/td] [td]52-21[/td] [td]34-37[/td] [td]766[/td] [td]639[/td] [td]+127[/td] [td]Won 7[/td] [td]8-2[/td] [td]99.2[/td] [/tr][/table]
I think we are ok
Yea I know I think ya are too. The only thing is I think ya got 3 or 4 against the Angels left. If they can handle business and we can get atleast2 of 3 from you guys theres a chance. Since we dont play another team above .500 for the rest of the season other than you guys.

Just thought I would throw it out there even if it is a long shot.

Originally Posted by Proshares

In all fairness Shuges, they had lost 3 of 4 so the rhythm has not been there the last week or so. Maybe Posada did it to fire up the team who had been playing pretty poorly against the Orioles and up to that point against the BJ's. I'm not condoning his actions but I'm not going to crucify or be in a state of dismay over it. People get hit and tempers flare. They're men, this stuff will happen once in a while. Everyone knows Jorge has a bit of a temper, he wouldn't have let that one go.
Well said and good points.

At any rate, I doubt you will see fights again for the remainder of the season. Girardi held a meeting after the fight to remind his players what is at stake,and also to roast the person who accidentally elbowed him (Girardi made sure to tell the media that Blue Jays infielder John McDonald was not at fault and thatthe bump near his eye was from one of his own players or staff).

But like what Bobby's been saying, the Yankees were playing poorly, losing a few games to the O's and Jays, and Posada wanted to ignite somethingwithin the team. After looking at more replays of the incident, I do think Posada shouldn't have started the fight; everything should've ended whenCarlson threw behind him.

capt.a3c18ff1b22b45c993df4dfefe6bfbfc.blue_jays_yankees_baseball_nyy117.jpg

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

cmon-son.jpg

It may or may not "ignite" you guys, but if you think Posada was coming home and saw Carlson and in his mind thought "If I get in a brawl righthere its gonna ignite a fire under us, because we have been playing like $**#" Then your homerism is at an all time high (no disrespect). There is no waythat was a pre-meditated fight to gain a spark from the team. When managers do it, yes because you can tell when they are going out there for the sole purposeof arguing for their team and that they arent leaving until they are ejected.

Like I said it may or may not spark you but that isnt what was going through Posada's head at the time. Hes got a temper, thats it. Theres no need to makehim out to be a behavioral genius. I just respect the fact that he said "you dont wanna do that" and then when Carlson tried to "test hisgangsta" by being right in his face as he crossed home plate and Jorge proceeded to give him the business.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Originally Posted by celtixhalfshell

i guess my posts are my equivalent to how ur sig throws me off

im like wth
grin.gif
The irony...
grin.gif

Originally Posted by briannnnn

OMG Jay-Z at the VMAs with New Yankee Stadium as his backdrop

jayzgetty90715644.jpg
pimp.gif

u gotta be from BK thats the only explanation why ur so hurt by how i feel......

look i dont care about if nas was from bk and jay z from queens.....nas is the goat. F cannibus Nas is the Poet Laureate of this Rap Game

"if my answers frighten u then u should stop asking scary questions"

Yankees already out to a 1-0 lead. It's up to Burnett to prove he can do more than just pie people in the face...

Yanks now up 2-1.

Burnett needs to keep his head straight. Stop throwing all these damn pitches out of the strike zone.

Back
Top Bottom