Official N.Y. Yankees 2009 SEASON THREAD (103-59) WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

Originally Posted by Yoda

Originally Posted by dashoekid21

how was it last night in the bx??any riots??..im pretty sure madd peeps where acting a fool.

River was PACKED. Tried getting into every bar but it was a no-go. Everywhere was mobbed..

Quick story..

Me and about 7 of my boys are walkin' around tryna find a place to drink/smoke and watch the game..Eventually we give up and just go to the park thats behind the stadium? 4 of us go into the park to blaze and the rest of them walk around and try to find a place to chill..

We get a call saying "Come to 157th, we're in a barbershop.". So now I'm like ???

We get to the barbershop and they got a big screen goin'. 4 of my boys are inside just chillin', the rest of us outside. The guys inside see us and wave us in. Real clutch on their part.

We got a handle of Bacardi and start passin' it around to the barbers. And ike I said, we're all drinkin/smoking so everyones hammered, and my friend Pat all of sudden wants a haircut..Somehow, some way we convinced him to get a design.

Hilarity ensues.

Before
11248192246766042754521.jpg

After

11248192259751042754521.jpg

11248192263566042754521.jpg

11248192249221042754521.jpg

16435318642065561734570.jpg

Nice celebratory cigar after the win. 2nd from right
laugh.gif

11248192627411042754521.jpg

I knew I remembered seeing that bad haircut in one or two of the many pics I posted.
laugh.gif

206b92cba2d2bb678976d0997d354006-getty-92708382mt010_fans_react_to.jpg

4ff333d5db920f1b9c251953c9b2a029-getty-92708382mt012_fans_react_to.jpg

^LMFAO

WE WERE RIGHT THERE..THAT BROAD SHOWED ALL THE BRONX HER ****!

In that 1st pic, those your boys? I coulda swore we all gave them pounds and chanted some words together

"Magic Moments" from the 2009 season (I took this from the Yankee forums I post on).

Compiling a "magic moments" post and recap for the 2009 regular season. Suggestions for your favorites? (No particular order)

- Jeter breaking Gehrig's record
- Mariano reaching 500 saves
- A-Rod hitting a homer on 1st pitch after returning from hip surgery
- Melky hitting for the cycle
- Gardner inside the park HR
- The 'Luis Castillo Game'
- K-Rod walking in Mariano with the bases loaded for his first RBI
- Weekend of Walkoffs against the Twins
- (All of the) Pies!
- MLB record for 18 consecutive games without an error
- Going 0-8 vs the Red Sox, then 8-1 in the second half
-Pena first Homerun and the silent treatment (This just showed how much of a team they were)
-15 inning classic (walkoff) win on vs Boston
- Swisher pitching and striking out Kapler in the process.
- A-Rod's 2 home run, 7 RBI inning to round off his season with 30/100 in his last at-bat.

I took all of these from the forums. Am I missing any?

After looking at that list, and just overall thinking of the season, this might be one, if not the, most favorite Yankee teams I've ever seen.

Such a great season, capped off with a World Series victory
pimp.gif

^ it was a great season. That Luis Castillio game was absurd...what a bum...

the World Series was great, so was the ALCS...

awesome moments, and a championship to cap off the year.

BTW the parade yesterday was great, had a lot of fun

ok so i just read that the Yankees are willing to give John Lackey 12 mill a year. Interesting. I also read that Tim Kurjian is thinkin the Yanks will letDamon and Matsui go. Thoughts

I think we should keep Matsui if we are only keeping one of them....He can put up some power numbers and is a great clutch hitter....We have Nady coming backso our outfield is pretty crowded already....I would like to see them both come back though

Originally Posted by jrp44

We have Nady coming back so our outfield is pretty crowded already.
I thought X-Man was a free agent as well... ?

As far as Damon and Matsui go, I think we should re-sign Johnny to a 2 year contract at the max because I don't see Matsui taking a cheap (at least by"Yankee standards") contract and it makes no sense paying an OF big money to only do half of his job. I could easily be wrong, though.

from what i've heard and read, the yanks are gonna go hard after chone figgins. they'll keep damon as the DH and use figgins at LF and to spell Arod at3B.

not sure how i feel about signing figgins but i can imagine how ska feels
laugh.gif

wanna give us a scouting report big guy
laugh.gif

btw, is this gonna change to the off season thread or we making a new one ?

Keep damon for his speed. He can play LF and DH. Chone would be my signing as well due to his versatility and his speed.

Nady is a FA, but the problem is that we don't know by when he'll be ready to play. I don't know how long it takes a position player to come backfrom tommy john. Plus he is damaged goods at this point. This is his 2nd tommy john surgery.

I hate chone figgens I don't want him.. what about carl crawford I know he's a restricted free agent and tampa will not give him yankee money...

My offseason wish list

1. Aroldis Chapman= fireballing young leftie who would develop in the minors and probably be in the pen in late 2010 and a starter in 2011

2. John Lackey= HORSE. He could be CC 2.0 he like the big spot and I think he can get it done in pinstripes.he will be in NY next year either with us or themets.

3. Carl Crawford, or Jason Bay= we both know what carl crawford and jason bay can do since they both play in the AL east. Crawford is a speed demon and he hitsfor average and plays a damn good LF. He could be our best defensive outfielder since juan rivera. Now jason bay, dude is a rbi machine and also hits a lot ofhomeruns and shown that he's a good clutch player in his own right. Don't really know if he's really good defensively but he plays the hell out ofthat crappy monster in fenway also he hits for a low average, don't know if I really want another nick swisher in the 5 hole.

Darkhorses.... from sources I've heard that the yankees could actually land roy halladay or felix hernandez this offseason. Yankees were somewhat a bigplayer in the roy halladay sweepstakes this past trade deadline and since the firing of J.P stickup could finally land their man without giving up their wholefarm system plus joba and hughes. Now king felix what more can I say? I think he's a top 3 pitcher and baseball and he's younger than chamberlain andhughes. Yankees never really were in the hunt for him this past trade deadline but the red sox were and we all know what that means just ask mark texeira

I'd take Crawford over Figgins myself. He has a 10 or 12 million dollar option this year. I'm curious whether the Rays will pick it up. He would bringspeed to the team like no1 else. But he'd demand around 14-18 million. Figgins somewhere between 14-10. We'll see.

Lackey has had elbow trouble the last 2 years. Pitchers and elbow truble are red flags.

Chapman, who knows. Prospects are hard to predict. He could be a good starter. A great reliever. Or just buns. People say he has control problems, whicharen't always easy to fix.

I don't see us bringing back both Damon and Matsui.

I think we should keep Matsui. He isn't a position player anymore but still has a live bat.

I like Johnny but he's too much of liability defensively in LF. If we sign Carl Crawford, we would regain the speed lost from Damon and the rest of ourlineup could pick up the power numbers we would lose by letting Damon walk.

Depending on if Wang can recover from his injury and return to form we could also use another starting pitcher.

While I hate Chone Figgins as much as the rest of you guys
laugh.gif
, you can't not acknowledge the fact that he is THE prototypical leadoff man. I would alsolove to see Carl Crawford in a Yankee uniform since I've always been a big fan of his but he probably won't come cheap. He has more pop in his bat thanFiggins and is an absolute base stealing machine, but doesn't get on base anywhere close to the amount that Figgins does, who can also run with the best ofthem. Whichever guy we could potentially up with, we still win, but I'm sure Crawford will be pursued heavily in the coming months.
Originally Posted by toine2983

Depending on if Wang can recover from his injury and return to form...
Speaking of which... isn't he a free agent too? I highly doubt that we offer him arbitration before the deadline. Do we re-sign him and goforward with what is essentially a reclamation project at this point? If we sign Lackey and keep Wang, that would probably push Hughes into the bullpen/6thstarter role granted we keep Pettitte (I don't see why we wouldn't sign him to another 1 year deal).

Happy birthday pro... I want crawford in pinstripes. Dude would be a great yankee imo. Jeter and crawford would be a pain in the *** for opposing teams
laugh.gif
and I think we swing a deal for halladay and hughes will be included in that deal

I hope we dont bring them both back, I am done with Matsui. Yes he played well this season but he is such a liability to the lineup. Keep Damon and DH him.Sign Crawford, although I think he is a bit too injury prone and I would have to have 10-14 mil sitting on the DL, had enough of that. If we can get Lackeycheap I'd take a shot at him for the # 2 or # 3 rotation guy. Chapman has all good signs but idk..I wish he was ready now to give a proper scouting report.

HBD pro, what are u like 17
laugh.gif

lackey aint coming to either ny team, not a ny kind of guy imo.

i can see him signing with one of the tx teams or reupping with the angels.

crawford would score 200 runs in this lineup
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom