Official N.Y. Yankees 2009 SEASON THREAD (103-59) WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

Can't wait for this weekend
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bkmac

Originally Posted by Frankie Valentino

Hey guys, please vote for the mascot idea i created in the contest to decide the new St. John's mascot. My idea is the Bear, so please vote for it and tell your fellow New Yorkers. Thank you so much.

http://redstormsports.cstv.com/ot/mascot-search.html
I voted for the Bear, but I'm not gonna lie, the Storm Hero would be kick #+@
laugh.gif

Thanks bruh. But you know the 'storm hero' would look wild 'mo in real life.

Originally Posted by iM COOL C

HTB.. that's amazing we're above .500... in APRIL!?!?
Yeah, man. The last 5 years or so, we've started out very slow. I'd venture to say this is the best record we've had after 15 games inthe last 4 years.

Originally Posted by bkmac

Hey guys, please vote for the mascot idea i created in the contest to decide the new St. John's mascot. My idea is the Bear, so please vote for it and tell your fellow New Yorkers. Thank you so much.

http://redstormsports.cstv.com/ot/mascot-search.html
I voted for the Bear, but I'm not gonna lie, the Storm Hero would be kick #+@
laugh.gif
hahaha, i thought the same thing^, voted for ur Bear tho, gluck

OK, finally have the definite numbers on Wang:

7 innings
9 hits
5 runs
4 earned
0 walks
11 strikeouts
91 pitches / 70 strikes

"Good day," Wang said. "Sinker down more, but sometimes got higher and the ball didn't sink."

Nardi Contreras was behind the backstop watching Wang.

"He doesn't have the arm strength he had last year," Contreras said. "But he hasn't pitched in eight months prior to this spring training. What I saw today, he had the best slider I've seen since I've known Chien-Ming. The slider has improved and the changeup is very good. His offspeed pitches are coming in really well."

Don't focus on the hits and runs. On those fields, the ground is baked and the fielders are 18-year-olds. Grounders are going to get through. What's important is that he got to 91 pitches and built some arm strength.

Wang is scheduled to rejoin the team tomorrow in Boston. My educated guess is that he's going to go on the DL with a "tired arm" or something like that and we'll see Phil Hughes in Detroit.

Originally Posted by Dunkaroos

Good Wang right there.
I'm glad to see he went 7 innings, and no walks issues. I don't care for the runs to be honest, same with the strikeouts (although, 11 isgood to see). As long as he is building up arm strength, and getting his sinker and slider DOWN, there is progress to be relieved about.

Originally Posted by onewearz

deadset in that red sox thread
roll.gif

busker-one-man-band-lg.jpg
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
My dude Deadset.

No matter what, gotta catch all these Yankee vs. Red Sox games...I'll probably have to end up going to my boy's house though (I live in MA).
smh.gif
tired.gif

Everyone on this page has yankee avatars and sigs
pimp.gif
embarassed.gif

Time to start thinking about a new avy...

I hope I don't have to use them but I do have a Pettitte facepalm and another CC one
roll.gif

I'll be sure to comb sports.yahoo.com, reuters daylife and getty images for fresh pics of Red Sox torment
grin.gif

I'm really intrigued by Saturday's matchup. Has the potential to be, no it WILL be [Michael Kay] YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE [/Michael Kay]

smh.gif
at the Sunday night game only because I'd have to deal with Joe Morgan spouting his nonsense...he's probably gonna go off on tangents about the 1976Cincinnati Reds again

Back
Top Bottom