Official N.Y. Yankees 2009 SEASON THREAD (103-59) WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

The Associated Press reports that Alex Rodrigez (hip) ran the bases on Wednesday for the first time since undergoing hip surgery.

He also escalated his defensive work, charging slow rollers and widening his range in pursuit of grounders. The AP lists A-Rod's targeted return date as May 15, though a report in the New York Post on Tuesday indicated that he could return a week earlier, on May 8.

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

The Associated Press reports that Alex Rodrigez (hip) ran the bases on Wednesday for the first time since undergoing hip surgery.

He also escalated his defensive work, charging slow rollers and widening his range in pursuit of grounders. The AP lists A-Rod's targeted return date as May 15, though a report in the New York Post on Tuesday indicated that he could return a week earlier, on May 8.

Good to hear A-Rod is having a good rehab. We need him back. C-Ran[emoji]169[/emoji] has to go.

Originally Posted by bkmac

Good to hear A-Rod is having a good rehab. We need him back. C-Ran[emoji]169[/emoji] has to go.

Ransom isn't doing jack.

Adding an MVP player to a 9-6 team will be nice

We'll actually have a legit clean up hitter & moves other guys down..... will be nice!

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Originally Posted by Yoda

I was there too..Sitting in the wayyyyyy up there nosebleeds, but it was still a nice view..

Great game tonight, I'm shot.

just seeing this now...i was in section 312 row 7...i was the one screaming all game in the CC jersey....yelling at Cody Ransom...but yea the game was sick yesterday

I was 434 in the Grandstand..There was a group of kids from Florida here on a field trip and they had the "front" seats where I was..They left, Iscadaddled right down there..They seriously weren't bad seats..I'd sit there again.

Originally Posted by bkmac

Ransom isn't doing jack.

Adding an MVP player to a 9-6 team will be nice

We'll actually have a legit clean up hitter & moves other guys down..... will be nice!

You think they may keep Pena and option Ransom down once A-Rod returns?

THU-U-UUUHHHH PITCH...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Friday: RHP Joba Chamberlain (0-0, 5.06) vs. LHP Jon Lester (1-2, 5.50), 7:10 p.m., YES

Saturday: RHP A.J. Burnett (2-0, 3.20) vs. RHP Josh Beckett (2-1, 3.79), 4:10 p.m., FOX

Sunday: LHP Andy Pettitte (2-0, 2.53) vs. RHP Justin Masterson (1-0, 3.18), 8:05 p.m., ESPN

Those are all going to be great matchups.

I think if we can take the first game against Lester then we'll have a strong change to take at least 2 out of 3.

feels good to be back in the thread
pimp.gif

been out of commission for a few days.

HTB.. that's amazing we're above .500... in APRIL!?!?

looking forward to saturday & sunday.. As Andy & A.J been $$$$..

Joba ehh not soo much.. * borat*

cant wait for this series to start. saturdays game will be epic
pimp.gif

i got a softball game at 4:30 that i will not be attending
laugh.gif

I hope his fat !$+ gets put on his back.
BOSTON -- If young Joba Chamberlain misbehaves tomorrow night, he might face a spanking from someone else's Papi.

With Chamberlain scheduled to start for the Yankees in the opener of a three-game series against the Red Sox, David Ortiz yesterday said the talented right-hander should avoid using Kevin Youkilis' head as a bull's-eye.

"None of that, man -- just play the game the way it's supposed to be, and that's about it," Ortiz said, referring to Chamberlain.

"This is a guy, as good as he is, the next step for him will be to earn respect from everybody in the league. He's not a bad guy, but when things like that happen, people get the wrong idea."

http://www.nypost.com/sev...t_throw_at_us_165712.htm

sounds like big sloppy's a little scared, hit em both in the earhole.

LETS DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

According to Weather.com, Friday it's going to be a high of 68, low of 49. Saturday, a high of 79, low of 60. Sunday, a high of 83, low of 58.

I can't wait to watch this game on Saturday. Nice weather up in Boston, same for here in New York. Too bad they aren't playing Sunday afternoon, 83degrees
eek.gif

Whether the weather is good or not, we need to win this series. We are playing well in this month of April (surprisingly), let's hope continues thisweekend against the Red Sux
wink.gif

I'm looking forward to a DeadsetAce appearance throughout the weekend in this thread. Yeah, THIS thread, not thatone man show he runs over in the Red Sox thread
roll.gif

If we win 2 out of 3 that'd be BIG in my opinion....

That'd make us 11-7.............. (99 win pace)

Through.....

12 ROAD games
6 home games

If Beckett dares to throw anywhere near any of our players, I will personally find a way to get to Boston to +$@# him up. Just saying...

Back
Top Bottom