Official N.Y. Yankees 2010 SEASON THREAD (95-67) WC/ALDS Winners, and that's it =[ ...

I'm always in the other teams threads
laugh.gif

That's just because I talk a lot of baseball, I don't go in there starting #+*$.

The Knicks trainwreck is almost over, it's time to focus on a winning NY team for awhile
laugh.gif

Can't wait

that commercial with swish and that chump from the sox cracked me up.

so amped for the season, best way to kick it off . the team looks good and i love that girardi is using common sense with joba and hughes.

pimp.gif

From Pinstripe Alley

Former Yankee prospect Dan McCutchen has been named the Pirates 5th starter, joining my former prospect man-crush Ross Ohlendorf in the Pirates rotation.

I take flak from time to time for defending everything Brian Cashman does.  Much of that is well earned.

But take a look around the big leagues to see how Cashman has transformed theYankees' farm system since he took full control: IPK will start the season in the rotation in Arizona and Zach Kroenke will be in the pen; Kanekoa Texeira(acquired in Swisher deal, lost in Rule 5) will join the M's bullpen; Brian Bruneyand Tyler Clippard are in the Nats' pen; Phil Coke has a role in Detroit; Jeff Marquez is on the White Sox 40-man and just left big league camp.

That's nearly an entire pitching staff made up of Yankee spare parts and players too far down the depth chart to be protected on the 40-man.

Joba's first relief appearance as a pitcher "officially" no longer in consideration for the #5 spot in the rotation.

[h2][/h2]
[h2]That’s a relief[/h2]
March27
e8e93138e91e42a88a23211afc933e97.jpg

Joba Chamberlain pitched well in his first relief outing since losing the fifth-starter competition. Chamberlain closed today’s 2-1 Yankees win with a scoreless ninth inning.

Maybe he’s now battling for the closer’s role.

“There’s somebody in front of me I think you might have heard of,

Look, it's Phil Coke:

73f3328c26fd48b5b7a7efaafbdb18ab.jpg

Ring ceremony is Opening Day at Yankee Stadium, at least according to TMZ.

Buster Olney says that the Twins have the Best Lineup in Baseball....yes...better than the Yankees.

2ilcvhe.gif

We'll see you in the playoffs...

Maybe.

capt.8f5961aa0c764f5b9805fa99a5bd0f49.twins_nathan_baseball_flnh103.jpg

Originally Posted by JPZx

Buster Olney says that the Twins have the Best Lineup in Baseball....yes...better than the Yankees.
Probably true.

But still won't mean much.

Switch-pitcher Pat Venditte pitched, I think it was yesterday, coming into relief for Sabathia (who's having a rough Spring, but that's a discussion for a different post).

a2f2898e777d4becaf7182438367c2b6.jpg

He allowed one run on two hits and a walk through an 1 1/3 innings of work.

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2010/03/30/venditte-steals-the-show/

I think he'll be with Class A Tampa to start the season. If he can pitch well enough to make it to the majors with his switch-pitch technique
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Oh, and for the record, with the season starting in a few days, I hope to make this, once again, the best MLB-team season thread all season long. I'll be updating as much as I can, and I know my fellow brethren will do the same. Let's get it!

He has to declare if he makes it to the majors. He throws 77 tops from the left and 88 tops from the right...decent movement when he's a right hander so he'll probably declare that. Rooting for him.

Originally Posted by toine2983

I wonder what the rings are going to look like?
nerd.gif
i know y'all havent seen any rings in a while, so here's a recent ring...

2007%20ring%20%28resized%29.jpg

laugh.gif
sorry...just trying to get into the spirit for sunday

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

nerd.gif

laugh.gif
6df36994418440915242414b9f7099309b917c5b.gif

Apr

[h1]Steinbrenners in talks to sell Yanks to Dolans[/h1]By Benjamin Kabak

AP061115054738.jpg

James Dolan may be the next Yankee owner. (AP Photo/Jeff Christensen, file)

When Hank and Hal Steinbrenner took over control of the Yanks fromtheir ailing father George, many fans feared the the family would tryto cash in on their billion-dollar asset. Although Yankee fans knew thedestructive tendencies wrought by King George during his team, theyalso came to love George’s singular focus on winning and knew that anyother potential ownership group brought with it fears of a heavy handand bad baseball minds.

Today, Sports Business Journal confirms what we were dreading. According to sports industry trade, the Steinbrenners are in talks with the Dolan family concerning the Yanks.Although neither side would confirm the talks, a source close to theYanks told SBJ staff writer Eric Fisher that a deal could be reachedbefore the All Star Break. At that point, the other owners would haveto vote to approve the deal.

“Ever since Hal and Hank were appointed co-chairs of the team,

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

nerd.gif

laugh.gif

Adrian Beltre is your starting third baseman.
laugh.gif

Damn baseball is back in 3 days
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm ready to see how Granderson works out for us..also if Gardner worked on some hitting at all this off season
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom