Official N.Y. Yankees 2010 SEASON THREAD (95-67) WC/ALDS Winners, and that's it =[ ...

Originally Posted by Cels The YoungGod

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

Hughes
Joba
MO

Game is over by the end of the 6th if this is the case.

And I'm down for Fantasy Baseball and Opening Day summit.
I totally agree. As a starter I would say Hughes>Joba but coming from the pen I rather Joba...Dude dials up that fastball and straight destroys opponents
I would agree, but we need to develop Hughes as a starter.

For now and for the future.

*I have yet to update the first post like I said I would, but I am going to get to it in a few weeks leading up to Opening Day, when a list is available of official 25-man roster for the Majors and Minors).*

With every outing so far this spring, it's becoming more and more of a competition for the 5th spot in the rotation.

Hughes and Jobs (especially Joba) are struggling in their starts. Aceves and Mitre however, are pitching much better. They both gave up their first runs of the spring in yesterdays game.

This brings up the debate as to whether or not Aceves/Mitre (more Aceves, I'll get to him in detail in a moment) should have a fair shot at the 5th spot in the rotation. Will they ultimately be overlooked because of the two others that are going after the spot, seeing as their names are Joba and Hughes?

If this was a fair competition (and not based of "names"), Aceves would be in the lead. Through 10 innings he's allowed one run. Otherwise, he has allowed just two hits (one of them an infield single) and has walked none and struck out five. Now 10 innings obviously isn't much, but Aceves is indeed proving his case for that fifth spot.

I personally love having Ace on the team. I personally think he would do better out of the pen/spot starting, however, I wouldn't object to seeing him in the rotation for a bit to see how he would fair (especially if he, by the end of spring, is deserving of it).

Discuss.

I still feel more comfortable with Aceves as a long reliever. He didn't last very long in that one start he had against Minnesota and he seemed a little more shaky after that.

Mitre needs to be more consistent as a starter. That near-no-hitter he had against Chicago makes up for, like, 5-8 other uninspiring starts.

Gaudin isn't in the running for that #5 spot either, I assume? He'd be an ace if baseball games were only 5 or 6 innings long...

But I think Cashman will still want Hughes getting that #5 spot and Joba in the bullpen. The other names will probably just be competing between the bullpen and AAA.

Alright guys.

I'm gonna start up the Fantasy League.

1st 9 emails are in.

If I see alot of interest, i'll start 2.

Checking in for the season. I'm determined to post more consistently this season. On second thought, maybe staying away is good luck
nerd.gif

Also from LoHud

• There’s a story on the Mariners site about Rule 5 pick Kanekoa Texeira, who was taken out of the Yankees organization. He has allowed one earned run through five innings this spring. He has also walked three and allowed four hits. Texeira is in the mix for a big league job.

• Speaking of Rule 5 picks out of the Yankees system: Lefty Zach Kroenke has pitched four times for the Diamondbacks. He has a 9.82 ERA that is inflated by three earned runs in two-thirds of an inning on Wednesday. Otherwise, he’s been solid: Three hits and no walks through three innings.

• Speaking of the Diamondbacks, Ian Kennedy has thrown five scoreless innings for Arizona. He’s found some success with his new two-seamer.

• Speaking of traded Yankees pitchers, Edwar Ramirez made his Rangers debut on Friday in a B game. He allowed two hits and struck out a batter. “I’m ready to throw strikes,

I've been so out of wack with this thread, I take the blame.

Individual game tickets went on sale today at 12pm (just 20 minutes ago, so there should be plenty of seats available, (I would hope). My bad everyone for not giving the heads up if you didn't know about the sale being today.

I'm going to go the StubHub route yet again this season, and hopefully a friend of my moms is selling games from their season ticket package again. Went to a Boston game last season, great seats, at face value.

IPK is going to be a sleeper this year. Weak hitting division. Great pitchers ball park. He's learning the ropes of a sinker and a two seamer from Webb.

I've been trying to buy tickets for 20 minutes now.

watching the game, my cuz is stinking it up this spring
laugh.gif

btw - arod hit an absolute BOMB today. he hit one over the scoreboard and out
eek.gif

just to give u an idea of how far

Steinbrenner-field-2010.jpg

Originally Posted by onewearz

watching the game, my cuz is stinking it up this spring
laugh.gif
I was literally about to ask you what's going with cousin onewearz!?

It sucks to see him pitching like this. I've always thought he would be good depth for the bullpen, whether he started the season in the Majors or was called up at some point during it.

Missed the individual ticket sale because I had a feeling I wouldn't have a shot
laugh.gif

Will definitely go the Stubhub route this year.

Yo fellas tell me not, this has been the most quiet Yankees Spring Training in forever.

Had to change the avy and sig last night since Texas is officially done (for me) until College Football starts again.

What happened to all those picthing prospects we had? Brackman, Betances, Sanchez? All three were ace type prospects.

Back
Top Bottom