Official N.Y. Yankees 2011 SEASON THREAD y-(97-65) Vol. We'll be in the Off-season thread =/

Originally Posted by Ecook0808

^^ We have 7 left against them...The quote button doesnt work anymore?? smh

Yea, I'm not too worried  about them, unless our lead gets cut down to like 1

Originally Posted by Ecook0808

^^ We have 7 left against them...The quote button doesnt work anymore?? smh

Yea, I'm not too worried  about them, unless our lead gets cut down to like 1

Yanks hit a couple shots tonight.

Gotta keep our foot on the sox, they can make up ground in a week.

Yanks hit a couple shots tonight.

Gotta keep our foot on the sox, they can make up ground in a week.

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

Originally Posted by bkmac

Wait, Romine?  Why don't they just let Posada play?  Girardi needs to stop bringing up these scrubs, especially in September
30t6p3b.gif
Scrub? I'm pretty sure he's rated even higher than Montero, as far as catching ability goes. He's younger too.

Teix' with the bomb, 2-1 Yankees lead.

Sorry, didn't know being rated higher than Montero actually meant something in the MLB.  Come on, this is September, not the time to be bringing up players, especially when the Red Sox are right in the chase.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Because Posada has been hitting so well this year
laugh.gif

He's barely played, and not getting consistent PT at that.  He's more familiar with the pitchers and won't need Russell Martin teaching him how to use his body to block pitches before the game.

When he had his consistent playing time, he never hit.  He had one decent month.  He can't hit lefties to save his life.  He's more familiar sure but you're not gonna just stick him in the lineup for an automatic out and he's a horrid defender behind the plate.  And September is the time for bringing up players, every team does it the rosters do expand to 40 on 9/1 you know that right?  Stop defending Posada, you wanna win a World Series you don't put him in the lineup as an automatic out almost every AB.  Montero should have been on this team as the DH from day $+$@%%! 1, I stand by that 100%.  You want wins, Posada needs to go on the bench.

Originally Posted by bkmac

Wait, Romine?  Why don't they just let Posada play?  Girardi needs to stop bringing up these scrubs, especially in September
30t6p3b.gif
Scrub? I'm pretty sure he's rated even higher than Montero, as far as catching ability goes. He's younger too.

Teix' with the bomb, 2-1 Yankees lead.

Sorry, didn't know being rated higher than Montero actually meant something in the MLB.  Come on, this is September, not the time to be bringing up players, especially when the Red Sox are right in the chase.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Because Posada has been hitting so well this year
laugh.gif

He's barely played, and not getting consistent PT at that.  He's more familiar with the pitchers and won't need Russell Martin teaching him how to use his body to block pitches before the game.

When he had his consistent playing time, he never hit.  He had one decent month.  He can't hit lefties to save his life.  He's more familiar sure but you're not gonna just stick him in the lineup for an automatic out and he's a horrid defender behind the plate.  And September is the time for bringing up players, every team does it the rosters do expand to 40 on 9/1 you know that right?  Stop defending Posada, you wanna win a World Series you don't put him in the lineup as an automatic out almost every AB.  Montero should have been on this team as the DH from day $+$@%%! 1, I stand by that 100%.  You want wins, Posada needs to go on the bench.

Don't get me started on Posada... HE %$!@%!# SUCKS... HE SUCKS WHEN WE PLAY HIM FULL TIME AND SUCKS WHEN WE PLAY HIM PART TIME...

The reason he also hasn't played every single game is because he literally can't catch anymore.. He's caught one game this year for that reason... He is a worse fielding catcher than Mike Piazza at this point, and if he could catch he'd probably have played 20 more games so far....No matter how good or bad Montero is as a catcher, his skills are far superior at this point to Posada's..

Not to mention he is a better hitter as well..

320 at-bats is on the tipping point of consistent playing... In terms of catchers he would rank 22nd in at bats, also only 64 behind Martin that is about 16-18 games.

Don't get me started on Posada... HE %$!@%!# SUCKS... HE SUCKS WHEN WE PLAY HIM FULL TIME AND SUCKS WHEN WE PLAY HIM PART TIME...

The reason he also hasn't played every single game is because he literally can't catch anymore.. He's caught one game this year for that reason... He is a worse fielding catcher than Mike Piazza at this point, and if he could catch he'd probably have played 20 more games so far....No matter how good or bad Montero is as a catcher, his skills are far superior at this point to Posada's..

Not to mention he is a better hitter as well..

320 at-bats is on the tipping point of consistent playing... In terms of catchers he would rank 22nd in at bats, also only 64 behind Martin that is about 16-18 games.

AJ had 11 Ks, damn...he just gave up a few runs on a few bad pitches. Oh well

Mo with #600, amazing. I was just saying on twitter, Jeter broke a few records and then cracked 3000 and now Mo. If we could win the World Series this year, it would be incredible. Our pitching needs to get their %*$$ together

AJ had 11 Ks, damn...he just gave up a few runs on a few bad pitches. Oh well

Mo with #600, amazing. I was just saying on twitter, Jeter broke a few records and then cracked 3000 and now Mo. If we could win the World Series this year, it would be incredible. Our pitching needs to get their %*$$ together

Back
Top Bottom