Official N.Y. Yankees 2011 SEASON THREAD y-(97-65) Vol. We'll be in the Off-season thread =/

I was talking to a couple of friends today while we were having dinner (Ballerific703 and IRON MIKE), and I said that I really hope the Rays sweep the Red Sox and that they don't make the playoffs. IM said that he would prefer to see the BoSox in the playoffs just for rivalry purposes. Ballerific and I agreed that we'd rather not have them in the playoffs, period. I don't even care about the match ups or anything. Seeing the BoSox failing just makes me happy.

Any thoughts on that?

I was talking to a couple of friends today while we were having dinner (Ballerific703 and IRON MIKE), and I said that I really hope the Rays sweep the Red Sox and that they don't make the playoffs. IM said that he would prefer to see the BoSox in the playoffs just for rivalry purposes. Ballerific and I agreed that we'd rather not have them in the playoffs, period. I don't even care about the match ups or anything. Seeing the BoSox failing just makes me happy.

Any thoughts on that?

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

Any thoughts on that?

I'd be more worried about playing the Rays than I would playing Boston.

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

Any thoughts on that?

I'd be more worried about playing the Rays than I would playing Boston.

watching the end of the Tigers game last night made me realize one stark thing.

The Yankees want no part of the Tigers in the playoffs.

There is almost 0 chance we beat them in a 7 game series.

With Verlander, Fister (pitching the way he has for DET), Scherzer, Porcello and the back end of that pen with Benoit and Valverde, along with VMART, Avila, Miggy, Peralta, the Tigers are on a roll and are pretty scary.

Leyland has that team playing and clicking on all cylinders.

it got me thinking about the playoffs and how screwed the Yanks are if CC sputters in game 1.

The offense can take us so far, the starters are suuuuuuuuuchhhhhhhh a questionmark it's not even funny. For the first time in a while we are going into the playoffs with no real blueprint after CC. And yet some people are calling us the favorites to come out of the AL.

I don't see this team having "it" along with the pitching to stand a chance to come out of the AL, to beat the Tigers, or to beat the Brewers or Phillies.

watching the end of the Tigers game last night made me realize one stark thing.

The Yankees want no part of the Tigers in the playoffs.

There is almost 0 chance we beat them in a 7 game series.

With Verlander, Fister (pitching the way he has for DET), Scherzer, Porcello and the back end of that pen with Benoit and Valverde, along with VMART, Avila, Miggy, Peralta, the Tigers are on a roll and are pretty scary.

Leyland has that team playing and clicking on all cylinders.

it got me thinking about the playoffs and how screwed the Yanks are if CC sputters in game 1.

The offense can take us so far, the starters are suuuuuuuuuchhhhhhhh a questionmark it's not even funny. For the first time in a while we are going into the playoffs with no real blueprint after CC. And yet some people are calling us the favorites to come out of the AL.

I don't see this team having "it" along with the pitching to stand a chance to come out of the AL, to beat the Tigers, or to beat the Brewers or Phillies.

Besides C.C. and SuperNova, I don't see us fairing well in the playoffs, pitching wise.

What scenario needs to play out for the Yankees to play Detroit in the ALDS?

Besides C.C. and SuperNova, I don't see us fairing well in the playoffs, pitching wise.

What scenario needs to play out for the Yankees to play Detroit in the ALDS?

listening to wfan and there were some yankee fans calling in talking about how loogan, ayala and wade have been bums for us this year
indifferent.gif

no wonder most ppl hate us, we act like spoiled brats

listening to wfan and there were some yankee fans calling in talking about how loogan, ayala and wade have been bums for us this year
indifferent.gif

no wonder most ppl hate us, we act like spoiled brats

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

the hell was cano doing there.
indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I just seen that ++@* too 
laugh.gif
 that's the second time he's f'd up when on base in the last week. Should have been at least another run that inning. About to shut off the game, can't see another L this week 

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

the hell was cano doing there.
indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I just seen that ++@* too 
laugh.gif
 that's the second time he's f'd up when on base in the last week. Should have been at least another run that inning. About to shut off the game, can't see another L this week 

If the Yanks win the East with the best record in the AL and the Tigers have a worse record than Texas, Tigers open at the Stadium. If the Tigers win the AL Central with a better record than Texas and the Yanks win the WC, then the Yanks open at the Tigers. I'd rather play Texas
laugh.gif
it ain't like it's all scrubs after Verlander.

If the Yanks win the East with the best record in the AL and the Tigers have a worse record than Texas, Tigers open at the Stadium. If the Tigers win the AL Central with a better record than Texas and the Yanks win the WC, then the Yanks open at the Tigers. I'd rather play Texas
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

laugh.gif
This. Tigers should finish with a better record than Texas. Tigers have an easy schedule for the rest of the year. I rather play Texas than Detroit.

Originally Posted by Proshares

laugh.gif
This. Tigers should finish with a better record than Texas. Tigers have an easy schedule for the rest of the year. I rather play Texas than Detroit.

Congrats to Mo on 601 yesterday thanks to the rally.
pimp.gif

Hopefully he gets 602 today and be in 1st place by himself.

Back
Top Bottom