Official N.Y. Yankees 2011 SEASON THREAD y-(97-65) Vol. We'll be in the Off-season thread =/

Proshares wrote:
Thought the overreactions and calls for heads would not show up until May.

laugh.gif
. Guys I'm that fan that gets all worked up over anything. But i am going to point out if he keeps going 0-4 with 2 SO's. I'm just not a big fan of his and i think we have better.

I'm done. Go Yankees!!

Proshares wrote:

laugh.gif
. Guys I'm that fan that gets all worked up over anything. But i am going to point out if he keeps going 0-4 with 2 SO's. I'm just not a big fan of his and i think we have better.

I'm done. Go Yankees!!

i see garcia keeping the ball in the yard and givin us 6 solid innings

**AL HUGHES**

i see garcia keeping the ball in the yard and givin us 6 solid innings

**AL HUGHES**

Originally Posted by roboski

Proshares wrote:

laugh.gif

I'm done. Go Yankees!!

Wrist injuries are one that take a good amount of time to get over.  Saps all the power out of your bat.  Look at Youkilis so far this year.  Gardner's advantage is that he can still be a slap hitter.  Gotta give him a little time.  Jones cannot play everyday anymore.  A platoon might be good.

Originally Posted by roboski

Proshares wrote:

laugh.gif

I'm done. Go Yankees!!

Wrist injuries are one that take a good amount of time to get over.  Saps all the power out of your bat.  Look at Youkilis so far this year.  Gardner's advantage is that he can still be a slap hitter.  Gotta give him a little time.  Jones cannot play everyday anymore.  A platoon might be good.

4/6

Twins: Span CF, Nishioka 2B, Young LF, Morneau 1B, Kubel DH, Cuddyer RF, Valencia 3B, Butera C, Casilla SS,(Pavano P)
@
Yankees: Gardner LF, Granderson CF, Teixeira 1B, Rodriguez DH, Cano 2B, Swisher RF, Chavez 3B, Nunez SS, Molina C, (Garcia P)

Are we looking at a rain delay? The tarp is on the field...

Edit: Game postponed. No makeup announced.

4/6

Twins: Span CF, Nishioka 2B, Young LF, Morneau 1B, Kubel DH, Cuddyer RF, Valencia 3B, Butera C, Casilla SS,(Pavano P)
@
Yankees: Gardner LF, Granderson CF, Teixeira 1B, Rodriguez DH, Cano 2B, Swisher RF, Chavez 3B, Nunez SS, Molina C, (Garcia P)

Are we looking at a rain delay? The tarp is on the field...

Edit: Game postponed. No makeup announced.

At least the Yankees didn't lose tonight.
pimp.gif

It's possible the Twins may have to come back on an off-day to make up the game.

At least the Yankees didn't lose tonight.
pimp.gif

It's possible the Twins may have to come back on an off-day to make up the game.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Double header tomorrow?
Nope.

Per LoHud:

The Yankees and Twins will have to find a mutual open date to make up this rainout since MLB usually wants the whole 162-game schedule played. This is Minnesota’s first and last scheduled trip in, and today is the series finale. The teams will stay on turn with their pitchers, so it will be A.J. Burnett and Francisco Liriano pitching.

Freddy Garcia, who was going to finally make his debut as the fifth starter Wednesday night, won’t be starting for a while longer. Joe Girardi was talking about a week from this Friday. That would be April 15 here in the opener of the Texas series. That would be 16 days between starts, since Garcia last pitched in the exhibition finale March 29. Garcia said he would be available out of the bullpen today and may pitch a simulated game early next week.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Double header tomorrow?
Nope.

Per LoHud:

The Yankees and Twins will have to find a mutual open date to make up this rainout since MLB usually wants the whole 162-game schedule played. This is Minnesota’s first and last scheduled trip in, and today is the series finale. The teams will stay on turn with their pitchers, so it will be A.J. Burnett and Francisco Liriano pitching.

Freddy Garcia, who was going to finally make his debut as the fifth starter Wednesday night, won’t be starting for a while longer. Joe Girardi was talking about a week from this Friday. That would be April 15 here in the opener of the Texas series. That would be 16 days between starts, since Garcia last pitched in the exhibition finale March 29. Garcia said he would be available out of the bullpen today and may pitch a simulated game early next week.

4/7

Twins: Span CF, Nishioka 2B, Mauer C, Morneau 1B, Thome DH, Cuddyer RF, Kubel LF, Valencia 3B, Casilla SS, (Liriano P)
@
Yankees: Jeter SS, Swisher RF, Teixeira 1B, Rodriguez 3B, Cano 2B, Posada DH, Jones LF, Martin C, Gardner CF (Burnett P)

I won't be around for the start of the game. Hopefully Burnett can give us 6+ innings today while the weather is decent.

4/7

Twins: Span CF, Nishioka 2B, Mauer C, Morneau 1B, Thome DH, Cuddyer RF, Kubel LF, Valencia 3B, Casilla SS, (Liriano P)
@
Yankees: Jeter SS, Swisher RF, Teixeira 1B, Rodriguez 3B, Cano 2B, Posada DH, Jones LF, Martin C, Gardner CF (Burnett P)

I won't be around for the start of the game. Hopefully Burnett can give us 6+ innings today while the weather is decent.

Back
Top Bottom