Official N.Y. Yankees 2011 SEASON THREAD y-(97-65) Vol. We'll be in the Off-season thread =/

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

He'll be fine, stop worrying.

His arm isn't loose yet and it's still cold as #!!% AND he always starts like this with his velocity as do a TON of other pitchers.

Plus, he's pitching against a team HUNGRY to prove that they are better than this.

You know other pitchers pitch in cold weather also...

Dude has no confidence and no velocity.

Yea and they ALL lose some velocity in the first month of the season.  The reason they succeed more is because of secondary stuff, which Hughes has been struggling with since the All Star break last year.  He could be throwing 94 MPH but w/no secondary stuff we'd have the same damn result we're getting now.

Now dudes wanna trade Hughes
laugh.gif
 and no one has liked Hughes when y'all would licked the sweat off his forehead with his great start last year.

$%+# outta here with you frauds
laugh.gif

Whatever , just sounds like an excuse for his poor play.

No reason someone with his talent should look like he has since the postseason when his velocity was fine.

I for one am not down for trading Hughes unless it's in a package with prospects for Felix Hernandez .

He'll be fine, stop worrying.

His arm isn't loose yet and it's still cold as #!!% AND he always starts like this with his velocity as do a TON of other pitchers.

Plus, he's pitching against a team HUNGRY to prove that they are better than this.

Yea and they ALL lose some velocity in the first month of the season.  The reason they succeed more is because of secondary stuff, which Hughes has been struggling with since the All Star break last year.  He could be throwing 94 MPH but w/no secondary stuff we'd have the same damn result we're getting now.

laugh.gif
 and no one has liked Hughes when y'all would licked the sweat off his forehead with his great start last year.

laugh.gif

No reason someone with his talent should look like he has since the postseason when his velocity was fine.

I for one am not down for trading Hughes unless it's in a package with prospects for Felix Hernandez .

Hughes is done, and #ForeverColon is in. Time for him to eat up innings, and I don't mean that literally.

Hughes is done, and #ForeverColon is in. Time for him to eat up innings, and I don't mean that literally.

bkmac wrote:
roboski wrote:
We need to trade Phil Hughes for a pack of sunflower seeds and a bottle of gatorade.

Man i miss Andy
30t6p3b.gif

Can we trade you? It's too early to be getting at players the way you are
laugh.gif

Sorry bout that. I'll "TRY" to compose myself.  

But this is a game i really want to win. Hopefully we can still pull it out.
ohwell.gif

bkmac wrote:
roboski wrote:
We need to trade Phil Hughes for a pack of sunflower seeds and a bottle of gatorade.

Man i miss Andy
30t6p3b.gif

Can we trade you? It's too early to be getting at players the way you are
laugh.gif

Sorry bout that. I'll "TRY" to compose myself.  

But this is a game i really want to win. Hopefully we can still pull it out.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by onewearz

gonna be one of " those " games
30t6p3b.gif

hughes gotta figure it out quick, kid is wayyy too important to this team .

Originally Posted by onewearz

gonna be one of " those " games
30t6p3b.gif

hughes gotta figure it out quick, kid is wayyy too important to this team .

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Yea but remember mid October isn't as cold as late March/early April.  Especially when you're gradually going from August to September then to October pitching as opposed to pitching in Florida for a month straight to NYC then Boston.  No excuses, it's just something that happens with most pitchers.  But like I said, his secondary stuff is atrocious lately that's why he's getting hit more and more.  When your curve and change have so little movement and look like slow versions of fastballs, it makes it so much easier to hit and drive.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Yea but remember mid October isn't as cold as late March/early April.  Especially when you're gradually going from August to September then to October pitching as opposed to pitching in Florida for a month straight to NYC then Boston.  No excuses, it's just something that happens with most pitchers.  But like I said, his secondary stuff is atrocious lately that's why he's getting hit more and more.  When your curve and change have so little movement and look like slow versions of fastballs, it makes it so much easier to hit and drive.

Back
Top Bottom