Official N.Y. Yankees 2011 SEASON THREAD y-(97-65) Vol. We'll be in the Off-season thread =/

Originally Posted by jayvee1220

just had to get this out. who actually likes John Sterling's home run calls? who encourages him to say these dumb phrases?
"Russell has muscle" "Jones makes his bones" are the latest ones. i'm sure we all know the calls for the rest of the team.
the radio broadcast is unlistenable. between him and that Boston accented Suzyn it's just terrible.

If you are a Yankees fan, you're use to John by now.

It's his style, it's his schtick, and it's not going anywhere.

John has that job till he dies and while he may botch a couple calls every couple of games he has become a staple in Yankee history. If you hate him and Suzyn, listen to the other teams broadcast.

There is no going around it.

Or write an angry letter.

Originally Posted by jayvee1220

just had to get this out. who actually likes John Sterling's home run calls? who encourages him to say these dumb phrases?
"Russell has muscle" "Jones makes his bones" are the latest ones. i'm sure we all know the calls for the rest of the team.
the radio broadcast is unlistenable. between him and that Boston accented Suzyn it's just terrible.

If you are a Yankees fan, you're use to John by now.

It's his style, it's his schtick, and it's not going anywhere.

John has that job till he dies and while he may botch a couple calls every couple of games he has become a staple in Yankee history. If you hate him and Suzyn, listen to the other teams broadcast.

There is no going around it.

Or write an angry letter.

Nice job Jeter
laugh.gif

Nice start.

Hopefully Hughes bounces back from a subpar outing

And just as I was typing this he gave up a HR to Pedroia.
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Nice start.

Hopefully Hughes bounces back from a subpar outing

And just as I was typing this he gave up a HR to Pedroia.
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Pedrioa gets - back for the sox on a pop up homer over the monster... Hughes has nothing on his pitches, 89 mph fb could be a high scoring game

Pedrioa gets - back for the sox on a pop up homer over the monster... Hughes has nothing on his pitches, 89 mph fb could be a high scoring game

Back
Top Bottom