Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even of there's no an active fan base. Most teams have some interesting players and a few dedicated fans to keep the discussion going

Yep. Steal of the draft. If Kyrie turns into another Lebron and has to deal with years of marginal talent, Cleveland will realize they could have paired their superstar PG with a monster big man. I would have loved to see them develop together.

:LOL Why is it always "Cleveland will regret, will realize"...

No offense J, but you went on and on and on about how dumb the Cavs were to select Tristan Thompson over Jonas Valanciunas....anddddddddd you were wrong.

I don't think I can value your point of view towards drafting as I'd like too. Drummond was a steal of the draft, and 8 teams will be kicking themselves later; but as a fan of the Cavs - I am completely content with Dion Waiters, who's averaging 14, 3 and 2 a game. :wink:
Is there a bat signal that goes up whenever I mention Cleveland and your feelings get so hurt? I'm not the only one who has said it. And it's focused on Cleveland not because I have some absurd vendetta (which you illogically believe yet I've refuted over and over), but because giving a great young PG a talented big man >>>> getting a backcourt mate. 

I'm wrong about Tristan over Jonas? So that's settled for sure? He's the better player for his entire career? Jonas has played 30 games to Tristan's 100+ I like Jonas' height advantage and skillset over Tristan's. Their PER is similar, their points per 36 minutes are the same, defensive rebounding rate is the same, Tristan gets more offensive rebounds, Jonas shoots better from the field and from the FT line. Let's not pretend it's been five years and Thompson is an All-Star and Jonas is getting garbage minutes. They're putting up similar numbers and I still think Jonas will have the bigger impact and is the better player. Doesn't mean Thompson is a scrub, but I think he's similar to Waiters. A fine player who will have some big moments, but overall I liked other players... especially alongside Irving. 

And I'm glad you're content, but 14 points a game on 38% shooting isn't great. Waiters is a scorer on a bad team. So he's going to get some points... and that's about it. 

I don't care about Cleveland. For the billionith time, so stop getting sensitive if I criticize them. They're an interesting team because they lost the best player in the NBA and I'm curious to see if they struggle again to build around their superstar talent.  I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong and despite an awful owner I'm not rooting against Cleveland. Primarily because Dolan is terrible too and so are a lot of NBA owners. I wasn't a fan of Kyrie and didn't think he'd have the kind of impact he did... and I've freely admitted that mistake. If Waiters and Thompson become great players, I'll be glad for Cleveland and won't care at all if I was wrong. But god forbid I criticize Cleveland again and bring you out.
Come home Kyrie, come home!

Yea, but if the Wizards won a game NT would feel nothing, and if they lost a game NT would feel nothing.

Wall has to get himself back into the conversation (and he can), but until then...

Last edited:
that steal's  going to count 
laugh.gif

NBA Teams NT Doesn't Care About:

Cavaliers

Pistons

Pacers

Who am I missing?
Kings -- The DMC Show, Jimmer, IT and the robbery
Hornets -- EJ, unibrow, Pelicans
Rockets -- cmon son
Blazers -- Lillard, LA, the heartbreaking way they win or lose every game or player to injury
Bucks -- Rockets East?
laugh.gif
the gawd Jennings?
grin.gif

Mavs -- Juice, Wince, Matrix, Dirk, heartbreaking loss after...
Nuggets -- The JaVale McGee Show
I'll give you these:
Bobcats
Wizards
Magic
Hawks
Jazz
Twolves
Suns
The Wizards have one of the more active NBA season threads, though. Just saying
Link me to it, I don't think I've seen it yet

Is there a bat signal that goes up whenever I mention Cleveland and your feelings get so hurt? I'm not the only one who has said it. And it's focused on Cleveland not because I have some absurd vendetta (which you illogically believe yet I've refuted over and over), but because giving a great young PG a talented big man >>>> getting a backcourt mate. 

I'm wrong about Tristan over Jonas? So that's settled for sure? He's the better player for his entire career? Jonas has played 30 games to Tristan's 100+ I like Jonas' height advantage and skillset over Tristan's. Their PER is similar, their points per 36 minutes are the same, defensive rebounding rate is the same, Tristan gets more offensive rebounds, Jonas shoots better from the field and from the FT line. Let's not pretend it's been five years and Thompson is an All-Star and Jonas is getting garbage minutes. They're putting up similar numbers and I still think Jonas will have the bigger impact and is the better player. Doesn't mean Thompson is a scrub, but I think he's similar to Waiters. A fine player who will have some big moments, but overall I liked other players... especially alongside Irving. 

And I'm glad you're content, but 14 points a game on 38% shooting isn't great. Waiters is a scorer on a bad team. So he's going to get some points... and that's about it. 

I don't care about Cleveland. For the billionith time, so stop getting sensitive if I criticize them. They're an interesting team because they lost the best player in the NBA and I'm curious to see if they struggle again to build around their superstar talent.  I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong and despite an awful owner I'm not rooting against Cleveland. Primarily because Dolan is terrible too and so are a lot of NBA owners. I wasn't a fan of Kyrie and didn't think he'd have the kind of impact he did... and I've freely admitted that mistake. If Waiters and Thompson become great players, I'll be glad for Cleveland and won't care at all if I was wrong. But god forbid I criticize Cleveland again and bring you out.

700541.jpg

J, you're one of the NTers who's opinion I respect - hence why I hold some of your comments to a higher degree. This has less to do with Cleveland, than it does the fact that your thought and opinion on this matter of drafting by Cleveland is not always accurate. So, we passed on Drummond....and picked up Waiters. Bad move...not necessarily. Both players are young, and have a lot to work on in terms of improvment. I'm not the GM of this squad. I didn't sign up for Waiters. Honestly, Drummond was just as high on my board as he was on the Piston's board.

I really just wanted to you admit you were wrong about Tristan :lol: because I ate all the crap you fed me about Tristan, just to watch him take steady improvement steps to date - that actually show he's better player than JV in almost all aspects except shooting. But carry on bro......

PS- KYRIE TO NYK 2023 WHOOT!!1!

Last edited:
Clips must be itching to move barnes in the first unit. Lineup of cp3, barnes, kg, bg, dj could be something. I bet they know billups is returning soon and cp3 is definitely re-signing and they still got crawford as the 6th if they are willing to let go of bledsoe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom