Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flip Saunders said Metta World Peace and "the guy who threw beer on him at the Palace of Auburn Hills fight" were supposed to meet yesterday... but it didn't work out. :lol:

lins come up is one of my favorites.....
nthat.gif

Flip Saunders said Metta World Peace and "the guy who threw beer on him at the Palace of Auburn Hills fight" were supposed to meet yesterday... but it didn't work out. :lol:

o rly... didnt him & the rook get into it?

Can't believe it's been a year already. It really was out of this world, there hasn't been a better sports story since Linsanity

Flip Saunders said Metta World Peace and "the guy who threw beer on him at the Palace of Auburn Hills fight" were supposed to meet yesterday... but it didn't work out.
laugh.gif
Artest and they guy are cool now and have been firends for a few years
We agree to meet over lunch along with John Green, the fan with the great aim who threw a cup of Diet Coke at Artest and won a $50 bet and 30 days in jail for doing so.

We can't meet Sunday when the Lakers play the Pistons because Green is still banned from attending events at the Palace of Auburn Hills.

There was a time when Artest would have welcomed such a ban, admitting now, "Nobody knew it at the time, but I could never ever go back to Detroit so I asked Indiana to trade me."

The Pacers were befuddled by the request, but Artest knew the Pacers were going to be regular visitors to Detroit.

"I almost had a nervous breakdown," he says. His stay in Indiana ended in controversy and Artest decided he would not play basketball again.
Late word arrives about lunch. The cup-throwing fan wants to be paid $2,500 to talk, and while Artest says he might have been willing to pay Green if notified earlier, I'm telling him the newspaper would end the interview even before it starts.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/baske...rs-world-peace-20130203,0,5601562,full.column

Last edited:
The cup thrower seems like an *** hole. Ron Ron is a good man, leave that man be

Do you guys think Melo is under rated? We know he's a superstar but I have never seen him be considered top 5 in the league. It has always been kobe lebron Durant cp3 derrick rose wade dirk or duncan interchangeably. Arguably hes the hardest to cover after lebron and the best scorer with KD. You can say his defense is average but he looks excellent compared to Dirk. I guess playing in Denver didn't give him exposure.

Spurs 
mean.gif

these guys are too legit to quit 
38-11, i know they won't do much in the playoffs but still impressive as hell

Do you guys think Melo is under rated? We know he's a superstar but I have never seen him be considered top 5 in the league. It has always been kobe lebron Durant cp3 derrick rose wade dirk or duncan interchangeably. Arguably hes the hardest to cover after lebron and the best scorer with KD. You can say his defense is average but he looks excellent compared to Dirk. I guess playing in Denver didn't give him exposure.

Ugh. Melo is Paul Pierce before the big 3. He makes his teammates worse, not better. There's a whole thread on this though. He's not on the level of Bron/Durant/CP3/Prime Dirk.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baske...rs-world-peace-20130203,0,5601562,full.column
[/quote]

Melo is not a superstar. This is the first season he's playing like one, but he his not a superstar. He isn't in the top 5 in the L either.

Simply put, if Lebron, Durant, Kobe, Dwight, Chris Paul, and even Dwyane Wade are superstars, Carmelo Anthony is not a superstar.

From my perspective, a superstar above all else, wins. A superstar changes the culture of a team. Gets out of the first round, deep playoff runs, finals appearances, things of that nature. A superstar is not a player who gets out of the first round 1 time in the first 10 years of his time in the NBA.

Can he become a superstar? Sure. He appears to be making the strides in that direction. (However, I feel like he's not doing anythign he hasn't done before. As a team though, they are winning which makes Melo looks like he's "different." But I digress)

But for now, Carmelo i san All Star type of player. Fills it up and shoots a lot of shots and makes all star games. Which isn't a bad thing, just not a superstar.

Last edited:
I know he's having his best season and I don't care if people give him the superstar label at this point but can we please stop comparing his scoring ability to KD's?

Thats the thing though he's not having his best season. Its the impression you get now though because his team is number 1-2 in the east. He operated the same way in Denver.
As far as scoring melo goes blow for blow with KD. You need to see them play for team usa n notice those two were blowing it up. They can literally score the ball anywhere on the floor.
@Shoeking2101 you bring valid pts ..repped

Thats the thing though he's not having his best season. Its the impression you get now though because his team is number 1-2 in the east. He operated the same way in Denver.
As far as scoring melo goes blow for blow with KD. You need to see them play for team usa n notice those two were blowing it up. They can literally score the ball anywhere on the floor.
@Shoeking2101 you bring valid pts ..repped

No offense, but him ballin on team USA while being on the floor with Lebron, Kobe, Durant don't mean much...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom