Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even that equal shooting mid range and from 3 bothers me. I know their shot charts say its close, but I don't know that I agree. I want Melo shooting those, I hide my eyes when KD does, ya know?

Can't argue with that. CP hiding his eyes > Statistics.

Knicks fans are so damn sensitive tho :lol:

I don't know, Melo is shooting the cover off the ball this year from deep. I feel pretty good each time he lets it go. I agree Durant is a better shooter, but Melo is holding his own with anyone this year.

To me it's that bully ball mentality. Melo's strength and control in the post holds water with me, and you can say well whatever, Durant can get that same production with his drives and slashes to the basket, but I spent 3 years saying, whatever...LeBron doesn't need a strong post game, he's superhuman enough to make that not matter.

I just think that's a style of playing that he can't do, and maybe that's old school, and doesn't mean anything with his unreal shooting and ability to create space/draw fouls, but that dead in the eye for me.

And then there's the thing, where you can bully Durant.
How can you not get open? What is that? That's ignorant.
You have to have enough strength not to get denied the ball.

Last edited:
To me it's that bully ball mentality. Melo's strength and control in the post holds water with me, and you can say well whatever, Durant can get that same production with his drives and slashes to the basket, but I spent 3 years saying, whatever...LeBron doesn't need a strong post game, he's superhuman enough to make that not matter.

I just think that's a style of playing that he can't do, and maybe that's old school, and doesn't mean anything with his unreal shooting and ability to create space/draw fouls, but that dead in the eye for me.

On a more serious note, you could make the case that bully ball means holding the ball a lot longer, which slows down the offense and has been a problem through Melo's career.

Melo has been kind of terrible in the paint this year. This 'Bully Ball' thing just isn't true, it wasn't last year and it's gotten worse this year. Compared to Durant and then LeBron, he's atrocious as a finisher.

Melo has been kind of terrible in the paint this year. This 'Bully Ball' thing just isn't true, it wasn't last year and it's gotten worse this year. Compared to Durant and then LeBron, he's atrocious as a finisher.
Compared to Durant and LeBron, everyone is atrocious as a finisher...

I'm just talking about his ability to beat bigs without much space.

On a more serious note, you could make the case that bully ball means holding the ball a lot longer, which slows down the offense and has been a problem through Melo's career.

I'll give you that. LeBron and Durant are flow personified. They're elastic and always play with this sense of continuity and awareness.

Melo can get Melo-blind.

Last edited:
roll.gif

If you gave lebron truth serum and asked him who's harder to guard, Melo or Durant....what would his answer be?

I would love to have someone like Russ on the Knicks. His penetration is a key to the team winning. Melo has Felton and 2 senior citizens as point guards.

Durant is better. I still don't think anyone is arguing against that. I also think you can win a chip with melo. Which is really all I care about. At all. I don't care about MVP and where he ranks.

Last edited:
lol lakers winning prolonged the phil jackson pics to calm this place down

:lol:@ truth serum, cash money music, and kd vs melo

Last edited:
Dunno what u expect ppl to talk about when no games are on.

You guys are crying for a past that never existed

If you gave lebron truth serum and asked him who's harder to guard, Melo or Durant....what would his answer be?

Man, what is this thread turning into...

But he's right.

If Melo's hot, LeBron would rather defend KD, because he can bully him, deny him the ball, deny penetration, strip the ball, knock him off his spots, redirect him into help and take him out of the game as much as you can take a superhuman shooter out of a game.

That's a problem. And no, not every team has a LeBron to defend KD, but the one that matters does, and a few have guys who can do a good job too.

Last edited:
Melo/KD is legit. They play today, now. Same position, same opposition.

Bron/Mike, that's just dumb. Might as well slice up Magic/Cousy. That was the point yesterday.

Let Bron finish his career, then compare with Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom