Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
laugh.gif

But he's right.

If Melo's hot, LeBron would rather defend KD, because he can bully him, deny him the ball, deny penetration, strip the ball, knock him off his spots, redirect him into help and take him out of the game as much as you can take a superhuman shooter out of a game.

That's a problem. And no, not every team has a LeBron to defend KD, but the one that matters does, and a few have guys who can do a good job too.

But KD's head to head numbers versus Lebron are much better than Melos.................................

If you gave lebron truth serum and asked him who's harder to guard, Melo or Durant....what would his answer be?

if you ask rondo who was harder to guard Deron williams or CP3 and he answered Dwill, does that make Dwill the better player?

if you ask rondo who was harder to guard Deron williams or CP3 and he answered Dwill, does that make Dwill the better player?

Thank you. You can go on all day. Is Brook Lopez better than Dwight because he's harder to guard 1:1? Marbury better than Jason Kidd?

Criticism of Melo has nothing to do with his 1:1 abilities. Actually thats the only thing he's really elite at.

Make a season thread then. We get it, the Pacers are playing well without Granger and Paul George is underrated and is the 3rd best PF and you're excited and they beat the Heat twice in the regular season and you think they can go all the way. We don't need to hear it everyday.

I swear the level of unintelligent discourse rises every time I enter this thread...

Jerryd Bayless...nice to see him playing well. Went from almost being #2 in the draft to being a permanent bum in the league.

Dunno what u expect ppl to talk about when no games are on.

I'd honestly prefer nothing. And there's always something to talk about. Teams falling or rising in the standings. Rookies making waves or disappointing. Recaps of the last nights games. 

But if given the option to have a Player A vs B, not even involving active players? Then I'd pass on it entirely. It just gets far too exhausting to be interesting every day. Or just make a separate thread for it.

.....nah

we get to hear about the Warriors, Mavs, Knicks, Lakers ect every day....and 2 of those teams arent even in playoff contention....

so nah

thats cuz those teams are big market and popular

except for japanair...lol when he brings up the mavs :lol:

Nothing wrong with talking about non ESPN-sanctioned squads....

Pacers aren't that interesting to me though

But he's right.

If Melo's hot, LeBron would rather defend KD, because he can bully him, deny him the ball, deny penetration, strip the ball, knock him off his spots, redirect him into help and take him out of the game as much as you can take a superhuman shooter out of a game.

That's a problem. And no, not every team has a LeBron to defend KD, but the one that matters does, and a few have guys who can do a good job too.

But KD's head to head numbers versus Lebron are much better than Melos

So "If Melo's hot" doesn't mean anything right now?

But he's right.

You guys do remember the Heat taking Melo out of the start of their series just by fronting him, right?

I swear the level of unintelligent discourse rises every time I enter this thread...

Jerryd Bayless...nice to see him playing well. Went from almost being #2 in the draft to being a permanent bum in the league.

He was never close to being number 2 in that draft though :lol: I was a big fan of his coming into draft. Nice to see him finally hooping the way I thought he could be. Maybe this is when he turns the corner.

As far as KD/Melo goes, I think there is no doubt that Kevin Durant is the better player. He's far more efficient, makes his teammates better than Melo, a slicker handle, and a better finisher.

However, If I need a bucket with the game on the line I'm going to Melo. Still don't believe in Durant down the stretch. Gets knocked off of his position to easily, when someone gets into him they can knock the ball out of his hands and disrupts him, forcing him to doing something that isn't so efficient if you will.

I'd take a couple sentences about the Pacers daily than JapanAir's five paragraph essays about the Mavs that no one ever wants to read. 
laugh.gif

Nothing wrong with talking about under discussed teams, but when no one else is joining in...

And I feel like we've discussed the Pacers often enough. George is good and getting better, Hibbert got his payday, and they won't win a championship with the 2nd to worst offense in the league. Edit: I'm sorry, they've now improved to 25th in the league.

Last edited:
He was never close to being number 2 in that draft though :lol: I was a big fan of his coming into draft. Nice to see him finally hooping the way I thought he could be. Maybe this is when he turns the corner.

Yea, he seemed to have found his niche on the team. If he can stay consistent throughout the rest of the season, I wouldn't mind re-signing him to a longer deal this offseason if he declines his PO.

As for the KD/Melo talk...

100x100px-LS-ab3372b9_2f471a9d_tumblr_manxnf2NGi1rhnbc9o1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom