Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing wrong with talking about non ESPN-sanctioned squads....
Everything is wrong if you wanna talk about a non ESPN sanction team.

If they ain't ESPN sanctioned, then that team ain't winning.

If that team ain't winning, then your opinion is invalid.

But he's right.

If Melo's hot, LeBron would rather defend KD, because he can bully him, deny him the ball, deny penetration, strip the ball, knock him off his spots, redirect him into help and take him out of the game as much as you can take a superhuman shooter out of a game.

That's a problem. And no, not every team has a LeBron to defend KD, but the one that matters does, and a few have guys who can do a good job too.

You guys do remember the Heat taking Melo out of the start of their series just by fronting him, right?

The Knicks didn't have a basketball team, unless you call starting Mike Bibby in 2012, basketball.

Nothing wrong with talking about non ESPN-sanctioned squads....

:nerd:

You're wrong.

Ex. 1 Dallas Cowboys
Ex. 2 NY Jets

if you ask rondo who was harder to guard Deron williams or CP3 and he answered Dwill, does that make Dwill the better player?

I never said melo is better. lebron is probably going to be in the way of both of them for years. That's why I brought him up

I'd take a couple sentences about the Pacers daily than JapanAir's five paragraph essays about the Mavs that no one ever wants to read. 
laugh.gif

Nothing wrong with talking about under discussed teams, but when no one else is joining in...

And I feel like we've discussed the Pacers often enough. George is good and getting better, Hibbert got his payday, and they won't win a championship with the 2nd to worst offense in the league. Edit: I'm sorry, they've now improved to 25th in the league.

And if Granger bumps them up to an average offense?

I'd take a couple sentences about the Pacers daily than JapanAir's five paragraph essays about the Mavs that no one ever wants to read. 
laugh.gif

Nothing wrong with talking about under discussed teams, but when no one else is joining in...

And I feel like we've discussed the Pacers often enough. George is good and getting better, Hibbert got his payday, and they won't win a championship with the 2nd to worst offense in the league. Edit: I'm sorry, they've now improved to 25th in the league.

Glad I'm not the only one that doesn't read dudes long *** post about the Mavs. :lol:

Last edited:
LeBron and Battier did exactly what you described. That's all I'm saying.
I see you, but that was a freakshow. That was a Frankenstein squad. Shump's ACL, Baron's entire knee, the fire extinguisher.

We started Mike Bibby...Landry Fields...Steve Novak. :smh:
It was 2 on 5 and Melo had to go to the ball, cuz Bibby couldn't even make an entry pass to the post.

:lol: @ JJ's stay's taking shots at Melo, he was the one pumping the Melo is not even a top 20ish player at the start of the year.

Melo is a top 5 player in the league at this point, don't know how you could disagree with that. Still not close to the realm that Durant/Lebron operate in though, that's all that really needs to be said.

laugh.gif

Then they're a better contender, but they'd still be the rare case of a team being elite in one category and average in another. Plus, do you feel confident having Paul George down the stretch in a playoff game as your star? Is he ready for that?

laugh.gif

Then they're a better contender, but they'd still be the rare case of a team being elite in one category and average in another. Plus, do you feel confident having Paul George down the stretch in a playoff game as your star? Is he ready for that?

I dont, definitely. I would feel alot better when Granger comes back as a second fiddle role. I dont think they are title contenders this year, never said such. But they have come along way in a short amount of time. I hope to be pleasantly surprised in the playoffs.

I do hope Paul George can develop into a legitimate star, he is a multistat contributor who can shoot the lights out.

on an unrelated note, did I see that Randy Foye is about to break the record for 3 point makes in a season? Or did I misunderstand that?

If the Knicks and Heat are both fully healthy and face eachother in the playoffs this year the Knicks will beat them. They're just a better all around team than the Heat. That Knicks team that they played in the playoffs last year was straight trash compared to what they have now. They have vets on that team that have been there done that and some tough players that won't back down to anyone. I really like the Pacers team but I don't know how Paul George is gonna play once Granger comes back. Hopefully we get to see them play the Heat in the playoffs again this year cause that was my favorite series all last year.

If the Knicks and Heat are both fully healthy and face eachother in the playoffs this year the Knicks will beat them. They're just a better all around team than the Heat. That Knicks team that they played in the playoffs last year was straight trash compared to what they have now. They have vets on that team that have been there done that and some tough players that won't back down to anyone. I really like the Pacers team but I don't know how Paul George is gonna play once Granger comes back. Hopefully we get to see them play the Heat in the playoffs again this year cause that was my favorite series all last year.

Knicks Pacers matchup would be sick, that's the TRUE rivalry.

so if granger comes back, paul george goes back to playing the 2? :x

ten hunna :smokin

I hope not..he SUCKS at the 2, mostly because of his size. He is too tall, his dribble is too elongated, and he has a hard time beating quicker guards off the dribble. I actually heard that they are going to try bringing Granger off the bench, kinda like Amare to power the second unit. Plus Lance has been pretty good for us at the 2

dress code. Heard of it?

Heard of it? Yeah. The hell is the difference though. I don't think this is what Stern had in mind.

You're just old and nostalgic.

There's a dress code, you can't just come out in a sweaty T-shirt.

Yeah the dress code has worked great :smh: That's aside from the main point though, which is COMPETE LEVEL.

When KG walks of the court without shaking hands in 2010 after losing game 7 to LA, I like that. It means the loss burned his soul. He's not goofing around playing grab *** with Kobe afterwards. Losing actually pissed him off. I feel the same way about Kobe. He takes it personally. Just something I've noticed over the years. The game has changed in a way. Nothing to do with skill or talent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom