Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad part is I really don't think Durant has a problem with Westbrook taking more shots than him, Smh. Westbrook is a good player and a legitimate all star but it is not his team and he should not be taking that many shots as PG with arguably the best scorer on his team

As he shouldn't. The moment KD starts taking more shots than Westbrook, this team will regress more than they already have. But then again, I think Westbrook is a better option, especially against better teams and in the playoffs but whatever. Last night was a prime example. The Finals was another one. Also, Westbrook takes more shots than KD, but that ball is getting to KD almost every possession in the fourth, especially in the last five minutes.

We're still talking about Russ having more FGAs like it's the smoking gun to OKC's issues? He shoots too much, yes, but people always ignore KD's absurd efficiency and living at the line when looking at just  FGAs.

I'm sure I'll be called a Westbrook apologist, but I really don't see him as some big, evil villain incapable of adjusting or changing the way some describe him. He can be a loose cannon and despite it looking like the Spurs and the Heat would win in a series, they're still a very good basketball team. The way many talk about Russ it's as if they suddenly became a fringe playoff squad.

Nah...you need a 1-2 punch to win.  

Ya'll really think KD can shoulder the load? 

Dudes talking about getting rid of Westbrook, just so KD can face constant doubles? You can go for trades, but there are only a few PG's that I would take over Russ and we know that's not happening. 

Come on, let's not undermine Westbrook's impact. 

It's not as simple as KD being alpha and demanding more shots.

He obviously isn't hurting for shots either, he leads the league in scoring and they are a top seed in the west.

I just feel as though that come playoff time, if Durant is the number one option, taking most of the shots especially in the fourth, it'll be a "be careful with what you wish for" type of thing.

Westbrook makes that team what it is and as good as it is. He makes that combination as lethal as it is to me. Yes, even more so than KD.

Last edited:
My point was that I don't see KD being that guy that will bring rings to a franchise as a number one option. He'll give you deep playoff runs, sure. But I don't see him being "It" as far as winning championships are concerned. I'm not a physic so I could be wrong, but that's how I see it. He has stretches in games against the elite teams where he just dissapears and is pushed so far from the basket. Tonight was a prime example. He's a great talent so it wont necessarily show up on the stat sheet, but this is how I see it.

As far as number one options are concerned, obviously Lebron James. But I didn't say that implying that I would choose someone else over KD as much as I just don't see him bringing rings or chips to OKC. He's very young so I could be wrong, but like I said, that's how it looks like it may play out. Against the elite teams in the league I actually prefer his own teammate Russ rather than KD if i'm being honest. I know this is atypical from what everyone would say, but it comes easier for Russ, especially against the likes of the elite of the NBA. It may not show up statistically, but judging from what I see, that's my interpretation.
This is word for word what people said about LeBron before 2012, Dirk before 2011, KG & Pierce before '08, etc. etc. etc.

Makes zero sense IMO to say KD can't win a chip as a #1 option.

It's no secret who the alpha male is in OKC. That's not something you change overnight...you know, personality traits.

This is word for word what people said about LeBron before 2012, Dirk before 2011, KG & Pierce before '08, etc. etc. etc.

How does it not make sense? Before 2012 Lebron DIDNT win any chip. (I always felt Lebron would win one however)

Before 2011 Dirk DIDNT win any chip.

KG And Paul HADNT WON since 08'.

Until KD wins a chip as a number one option, the point still stands. I don't know how that "Doesn't make sense."

Last edited:

How does it not make sense? Before 2012 Lebron DIDNT win any chip. (I always felt Lebron would win one however)

Before 2011 Dirk DIDNT win any chip.

KG And Paul HADNT WON since 08'.

Until KD wins a chip as a number one option, the point still stands. I don't know how that "Doesn't make sense."
So your point is that KD hasn't won a chip yet? I think we all know that.

You just said you don't think he's capable of being a guy who can win a chip as a #1 option, which in all likelihood will turn out to be wrong, just like it was for those other guys.

That's always been my problem with Durant and that he somehow gets excused from all the time. Not being that alpah dog leader. If it was anyone else in the league with that type of talent acting the same way, you don't think the media and fans would criticize the hell out of him? Why does Durant get a pass?

I would hate for him to pick up that villian title and lose a few teammates/fans on the way, but he just might have to do that in order to get to the top. Tell Westbrook what the deal is and if that means getting into an altercation, so be it. If he still doesn't abide by those rules, tell management that its either you or him. Of course there are other alternatives, but he has to step up like Allen said.

Hell, he could've stepped up and told management that he wanted Harden to stay or else. I mean if you know this guy will give you a better chance at winning a title, why be so damn laid back about him being traded? Yea he voicedh is opinion on the situation, but he should've stood up and told management they need to do whatever it takes to keep him around. If that means getting rid of Perkins sorry ***, then so be it.

Maybe he will never be that person, though. That's completely fine. He's still a great player, but what you see from guys like Kobe, Lebron now, Jordan, all of these guys, I don't see in him right now.

Dude LEBRON JUST as of last year doing that. This guy wins a title and suddenly dudes act as if he's been in MJ/Kobe mode all his career. Durant is only 24 and i've never seen him shy away from the big moment. Sometimes he doesn't get that opportunity due to Westbrook taking shots but that's not exactly like giving the rock up to Mo williams.

WestBrook takes those shots because he a GREAT player. Should more go to KD yes, but how are ya'll calling him shook for not wanting to blast the only other STAR on his team to the media.??

Because when certain players do that in the media their "Cry baby's or bad teammates" but now yall begging KD to do it.

So your point is that KD hasn't won a chip yet? I think we all know that.

You just said you don't think he's capable of being a guy who can win a chip as a #1 option, which in all likelihood will turn out to be wrong, just like it was for those other guys.

Which in all likelihood will turn out to be wrong? :lol: oh yeah?

Because he's just so great that it's only a matter of time before he wins one? They said the same about countless other greats who are without a ring right now. Him having a chance at winning one and you basically saying its a foregone conclusion are two different things.

It is far from a forgone conclusion. You don't know that. Like I said, as a number one option, I don't think KD will amount to rings in OKC. I could be wrong, but that's how I see it and as of right now, he hasn't.

Kd will fail in okc.
Him and russ will have a fall out

One of them comes to Lakers.
We dominate for a few years.

Not serious

Semi srs

I knew it was matter of time until people started criticizing Durant. He's taking that team further and further every year but some don't think he's a real #1 option? Stop it. Maybe he can be a lil more vocal but that's not OKC's biggest problem. They need a PG and before people take that as a knock on Westbrook it's not. Dude is a SG at heart. It's like when Larry Brown was trying to force A.I. to play the point, it's not his natural position.

Just to give an example If they had a prime DFish this team would be A LOT better cuz it would move Westbrook to his natural position and he wouldn't have to worry about being the main distributor. They need to find somebody that can play the point cuz they've been getting by on talent but when they play great teams you can see that they don't have a real PG.

Last edited:
Dude LEBRON JUST as of last year doing that. This guy wins a title and suddenly dudes act as if he's been in MJ/Kobe mode all his career. Durant is only 24 and i've never seen him shy away from the big moment. Sometimes he doesn't get that opportunity due to Westbrook taking shots but that's not exactly like giving the rock up to Mo williams.

WestBrook takes those shots because he a GREAT player. Should more go to KD yes, but how are ya'll calling him shook for not wanting to blast the only other STAR on his team to the media.??

Because when certain players do that in the media their "Cry baby's or bad teammates" but now yall begging KD to do it.
dont blame them, for they know not what they do.

great points btw...westbrook is erratic at times, but aint no denying dudes impact...dude brings a scary dimension to the court..def not on my list of 'fav players' but i dont blindly hate dude...i appreciate what he does for what it is...

and KD will def win a ring as a #1 option...i think thats a given

Derek Fisher has never averaged more than 4 assists per game. "Main Distributor" has never been his thing

Because he's just so great that it's only a matter of time before he wins one?
Yes.

If you think Durant is gonna go ringless his entire career, more power to you I guess. Just remember this convo when he's hoisting the Larry O'Brien someday.

I don't think he meant distributor in a traditional J.Kidd role.... but more of someone who will control the offense, calm people down and get players the ball in the right positions. Sometimes with Westbrook playing the point he will not settle the offense down and go straight to attack mode.

And BTW They shouldve traded serge & Perkins and kept Harden...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom