Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iverson should of gotten a consolation trophy or something for being the only man to beat the Lakers in the 2001 playoffs alone. That game 1 win in OT had the whole city of LA worried and shocked :lol: if it wasn't for AI we would of gone 15-0

The man was something special in his prime. He carried that Sixers team as much as he could man. If only he had some more help.

Last edited:
you are basing everything on the past

different era, different competition, different coaches, different players

barkley, ewing, malone etc going back to the finals and not winning has nothing to do with this

It has everything to do with this. Homie said it's a given KD will win one. They all prove that that isn't true. We could go back even further. Jerry West went to the finals countless times and won ONE time. Different eras, yes. But in EVERY era this happens to the best of players. KD isn't exempt from this POSSIBLY happening to him.

You look at it as a different era. I look at it like this. If that happened to all of them, why can't that happen to KD? KD has a long way to go to be as good as those guys and if they got there and didn't win, what makes KD so special that it's just a given that it'll happen for him?

You're going too hard and setting yourself up to eat a lot of crow. A lot.

:lol: @ your argument being KD is no ________. KD is KD and you do not know what lies in store for him. Dude has 10 more years to win it all while you try to say he's Ewing or Barkley or Reggie but not Kobe or LeBron.

Last edited:
It comes too hard for KD against the elite of the NBA?

:lol: No, it comes too hard for Westbrook and Martin against the elites. That'll be why they dont win. You can count on KD's 30 on 50% against anyone.

Durant actually had his most productive series in the Finals.

Only problem was that was the only series where both Westbrook and Harden struggled.

Last edited:
Interesting, so LeBron didn't evolve at all from the time he was 23-24 until now? What makes you think KD can't and won't do the same. LBJ JUST started playing consistently in the post at the end of last season and stop taking so many jumpers and relentlessly attacking the basket all the time. At age 27, now 28. Durant's willingness to improve his overall game as evidenced by this season and his ridiculous efficiency at 24 gives no indication to me that he'll be the exact same player now as he will be in 3-4 years entering his prime, barring a significant injury.

And can't score at ease against the ELITES of the league c'mon son.

Bruh, I disagree with that Durant sentiment. He's no Kobe. He's no Lebron. IMO. However, if someone were to believe that then I have no problem with that. He's a great player. He very well may win one.

But, to say it's a given is just flat out ignorant. Any basketball fan knows how rare it is to get back to the finals again, and even more rare to actually win once you get BACK there. That alone tells you it isn't a given.
dirk lost in the finals in '06

kobe lost in the finals in '04 and '08

rondo, pierce and KG lost in the finals in '09

lebron lost in the finals in '07.. lebron, dwade AND bosh lost in the finals in '11

magic, bird, kareem, hakeem, wilt, shaq and jerry west all lost in the finals

You're going too hard and setting yourself up to eat a lot of crow. A lot.

:lol: @ your argument being KD is no ________. KD is KD and you do not know what lies in store for him. Dude has 10 more years to win it all while you try to say he's Ewing or Barkley or Reggie but not Kobe or LeBron.

I don't know what's in store for him, that's why I never ruled out him winning rings. Conversely, dudes on here said it was a GIVEN that he'll win it all. All I did was point out how many people who could have won it all but didn't. That alone to me says it isn't a Given that he'll win it all. You don't agree with that?

And I don't feel like KD is a Kobe or Lebron. But that's just my opinion. That's all that is.

Player A cant win as the number 1 option. Team goes out and gets a stacked team. Player A wins. "player A figured it out"

That goes for lebron, Garnett, pierce, Kobe

If they put amazing pieces around melo and won all of a sudden he would be a "winner"

Last edited:
Iverson should of gotten a consolation trophy or something for being the only man to beat the Lakers in the 2001 playoffs alone. That game 1 win in OT had the whole city of LA worried and shocked :lol: if it wasn't for AI we would of gone 15-0

The man was something special in his prime. He carried that Sixers team as much as he could man. If only he had some more help.

more help?

he had eric snow what else do u need
not srs eric snow was garbàge

Miami will definitely beat the rockets winning streak..I hope they break the lakers winning streak 
devil.gif

Durant's 4 years younger than LeBron so of course he has plenty of time to win a ring.

That wasn't my argument. The Thunder were in a position to win right now, not when LeBron is on his last knees 5 years from now.

Things were just so bright for OKC last year, you got the sense they were going to be the team to stop LeBron and the Heat from winning. Now one year later - they lost Harden, the ball movement is still stagnant, Westbrook is still shooting more than Durant, and they're not the team they were last year.

I'm just saying Durant needs to man up and take the leading role, and Russ needs to take a step back. Dwyane Wade took that step back with LeBron, Kobe had to take that step back with Shaq, Shaq took that step back with Wade, etc. The list can go on. I just don't know if Durant has it in him (yet) to take that role and I don't know if Westbrook would accept that.

What I do know is that Harden was cool being the 2nd or even 3rd guy, he was coming off the bench last year with a smile on his face. Maybe Harden and Durant would have been the better fit instead of Westbrook. We'll never know now, but OKC's front office finally made a bad decision, and this time, it could be the worst decision they've ever made. Cause lord knows if the Thunder don't win a ring within the next 3-4 years - Durant and Westbrook are gone, the small market team will not help them in the longrun.

dirk lost in the finals in '06

kobe lost in the finals in '04 and '08

rondo, pierce and KG lost in the finals in '09

lebron lost in the finals in '07.. lebron, dwade AND bosh lost in the finals in '11

magic, bird, kareem, hakeem, wilt, shaq and jerry west all lost in the finals

Dirk lost and came back.

Rondo, Piece, KG, Magic, and Bird, Kobe, DWade, Kareem, all WON THE FIRST TIME they were there. My point with this was that if you get there and don't win it the first time you're there, it's really hard for you to get back there again, let alone win. I haven't looked at the numbers, but i'm sure they probably point to the unlikeliness of this happening.

If Durant doesn't win it's more about his cheap *** ownership and players not signing in a place like OKC than Durant's ability to win

You guys know who never lost in the finals?

Michael Jeffrey Jordan.

I haven't looked at the numbers, but i'm sure they probably point to the unlikeliness of this happening.

Between: Dirk, LeBron, Hakeem, Isiah and Shaq - 10 of the past 24 title winners fit into the lost first time theory.

If someone lost and never got back or didn't win, they probably just weren't that good. So yeah..if you believe KD just isn't good enough that's one thing. But this logic doesn't really add up.

Last edited:
you are basing everything on the past

different era, different competition, different coaches, different players

barkley, ewing, malone etc going back to the finals and not winning has nothing to do with this

It has everything to do with this. Homie said it's a given KD will win one. They all prove that that isn't true. We could go back even further. Jerry West went to the finals countless times and won ONE time. Different eras, yes. But in EVERY era this happens to the best of players. KD isn't exempt from this POSSIBLY happening to him.

You look at it as a different era. I look at it like this. If that happened to all of them, why can't that happen to KD? KD has a long way to go to be as good as those guys and if they got there and didn't win, what makes KD so special that it's just a given that it'll happen for him?
correlation does not imply causation. is it possible? of course. but it wont be the reason why he wont win one

the thunder average 79.2 shots per game..

durant averages 17.9 shots per game

westbrook averages 18.8 shots per game

together they average 36.7 shots per.. so that leaves 42.5 shots..

personally, i'm more worried about:

1) perkins getting touches in the post.. or perkins taking jumpers

basically, anything from perkins other than a putback or dumpoff under the rim where he is all alone

2) the mins and shots derek fisher is getting

Between: Dirk, LeBron, Hakeem, Isiah and Shaq - 10 of the past 24 title winners fit into the lost first time theory.

If someone lost and never got back or didn't win, they probably just weren't that good. So yeah..if you believe KD just isn't good enough that's one thing. But this logic doesn't really add up.

Fair Enough.

Player A cant win as the number 1 option. Team goes out and gets a stacked team. Player A wins. "player A figured it out"

If they put amazing pieces around melo and won all , of a sudden he would be a "winner"
Bingo. This is a team game, after all. Last year wasnt even Bron's best run. He was 35/9/7 on 51% FG in '09. His PER was 37. not just in 1 series, but over the entire run.

But he was flanked by Mo Williams and Big Z instead of Wade and Bosh. Cause of that, his team lost

Last edited:

If they put amazing pieces around melo and won all ,of a sudden he would be a "winner"
Bingo. This is a team game, after all. Last year wasnt even Bron's best run. He was 35/9/7 on 51% FG in '09. His PER was 37.

But he was flanked by Mo Williams and Big Z instead of Wade and Bosh. Cause of that, his team lost

Oh My God those stats are disgusting.

Think about this though... as good as KD is he's no where near as good as he will be... in 4 years he'll be entering his prime just as LeBron is decending from his.

That's Scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom