Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Westbrook's half court shot > 

Dude will SOLELY be the reason why Thunder won't ever win a championship. He's the 2013 Iverson

If Darnell was there he would have. Russ is also notorious for skipping media sessions too so who knows if he even participated? Depending on his mood, Russ could blow up or could have just said, "he was fouling me on purpose, I was trying to get the shot up while he was so I could get the 3 free throws." I have only seen that ever work like like once, even if you do get into the shooting motion as they're fouling, refs just won't give it to you but I have seen CP3 do it successfully before against the Spurs.

proof that the lockout didnt help these small market teams.  They are truly the ones that cannot afford to be over the cap so it limits them more - while teams like the Lakers and Knicks can keep spending all day and still be oK.  Take that small market whining *** punks.

OKC couldnt afford Harden

Grizzlies couldnt afford Gay

Both basically are saying we dont mind not winning if we can save - whie LA says "give me more players please"

Last edited:
proof that the lockout didnt help these small market teams.  They are truly the ones that cannot afford to be over the cap so it limits them more - while teams like the Lakers and Knicks can keep spending all day and still be oK.  Take that small market whining *** punks.

Both basically are saying we dont mind not winning if we can save - whie LA says "give me more players please"

MY MAN 8)

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Easy solution would to just contract the league.

Lakers

Clippers

Knicks

Nets

Heat

Celtics

76ers

Warriors

those teams can stay. Everyone else must go.

Last edited by a moderator:
The lockout did help small market teams, they helped the owners get a bigger piece of the shared revenue that the Lakers, Nets, and Knicks are paying in penalties for being over the cap - "Luxury Tax". Small Market owners wanted the money, they never cared about winning , OKC and Memphis proved that. That at least is for certain.

Last edited:

The Knicks haven't won in like 50 years. People need to stop lumping us in as the cause of large market supremacy.

And technically it made us give up Lin who went to Houston. Who also shouldn't be a small market team lol

But everyone here wa saying the CBA had nothing to do with "parity".

Parity is just something owners throw out there to get fans on their side

Last edited:
The lockout did help small market teams, they helped the owners get a bigger piece of the shared revenue that the Lakers, Nets, and Knicks are paying in penalties for being over the cap - "Luxury Tax". Small Market owners wanted the money, they never cared about winning , OKC and Memphis proved that. That at least is for certain.
yea i was talking about winning but very true - it gives the small market owners more money.  bastards like Dan Gilbert complains about the lakers getting CP3 but the Lakers are basically putting money in his pockets since his team licks scrotal tissue

The Knicks haven't won in like 50 years. People need to stop lumping us in as the cause of large market supremacy.

And technically it made us give up Lin who went to Houston. Who also shouldn't be a small market team lol

Knicks havent won not because they couldnt get players but because your management are a bunch of bafoons that don't know anything about creating a team.  The knicks could "afford" Lin, they just didnt want to for that price.

Weren't the Lakers thinking of making moves earlier in the season to avoid the super tax or whatever its called?

That aint our fault atleast you made the finals a few times :lol:

Weren't the Lakers thinking of making moves earlier in the season to avoid the super tax or whatever its called?
yea obviously teams are not gonna want to end up paying millions extra if what they have on the floor is struggling so much it wouldnt make a difference.  Even if the team can "afford" it.

Still, the lakers could have amnestied gasol or MWP but didnt becuase they wanted one more run out of this team.  Something that small market owners dont really care about now that they just cannot afford it.

yea obviously teams are not gonna want to end up paying millions extra if what they have on the floor is struggling so much it wouldnt make a difference.  Even if the team can "afford" it.

Still, the lakers could have amnestied gasol or MWP but didnt becuase they wanted one more run out of this team.  Something that small market owners dont really care about now that they just cannot afford it.
Small market teams are ruining the NBA for real

Salaries didn't get super high until the NBA started making a substantial profit , that wasn't until the mid-late 1980's. Lakers and Celtics won all those championships in the beginning because of drafting, trading, then sustaining there picks in a league with no more than like 12 teams. Knicks got a couple of those chips in the beginning also.

Knicks haven't won a championship since then because of bad timing and bad drafting, mixed in with horrible front office decisions and ownership direction after the 90's that just made it worse. But ever since the 1990's the Knicks have been more than capable of going over the cap space, things small markets couldn't do.

So of course the Knicks and other big cities have an advantage, but it doesn't guarantee a championship. What it does guarantee is extreme revenue. Knicks are the most valuable franchise in the NBA today, they haven't won since 1973, and haven't won a playoff series since 2000 - that's insane. NYC is a different animal.

It's sad, Knicks have just always seemed to be bad during weak drafts, good during good drafts, which led to over compensating their assets and trading for "hype" to keep fans coming in and have revenue streaming. James Dolan (as much as Knick fans hate him) knows what he's doing to make a dollar.

Being a Knick fan is brutal man, but I still wouldn't change it for the world. The big-market odds have to fall in our favor one day and we'll win championships.

I think :rolleyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom