Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
KD needs to ADD MUSCLE and stop settling for the jumpshots i swear if he was much stronger as Bron where he can just bully his way to the cup he'd be unstoppable with his jumpshot as well. Hes 235 pounds right now but very lanky and can be pushed around prime example last yrs finals. Perkins aint giving you 10-15pts and Ibaka is so inconsistent man and idk about westbrook when i saw that halfcourt shot lastnight i was like wtf man and i like him as a ball player but damn i hate to say it they should of kept harden and let Ibaka skate Yeah Yeah you cant teach size but obviously Harden is a Superstar and look what hes doing out in Houston. They not getting a chip in Okc sorry, Its Brons league for the next couple yrs unless LA can make some splash moves!

Personally i think Durant staying in OKC only last for as long as Westbrook staying there and i believe Russy is going to leave after this contract so...... but its just my OPINION
Definitely see this happening. I think Durant will stay with OKC for his career. They'll bring somebody in that'll help durant with Wetsbrook's absence, but i'd put money on russell not ending his career in OKC one way or another eventually. Two players of that caliber just don't stay together for that long usually. Next year will be the 6th season they've been at it together.

Personally i think Durant staying in OKC only last for as long as Westbrook staying there and i believe Russy is going to leave after this contract so...... but its just my OPINION
where do you think westbrook's going?
Since Russy's contract doesn't expire till 16/17 I think its safe to say he'll go to the Lakers and make the full time switch to play off guard with Nash still playing at the age of 45 running the point and taking Kobe's mantle.

KD is going to leave. Either him or Westbrook is gonna be a Laker within the next few years
KD reuniting with Beard 
glasses.gif

Serious question tho, Why wouldn't Durant think about leaving if he doesn't win a ring in OKC within the next 3 years? I mean, just imagine the dude watching LeBron win it year after year.

He'd want to leave, but the Thunder would trade Westbrook before they would let that happen. If this doesn't work within the next 2 years (which it probably won't), then bank on Westbrook being traded. They could get some great pieces that actually compliment Durant's game for Westbrook.

Been saying it all along. The Thunder won't sustain.

And it wouldn't surprise me at all if Westbrook ended up demanding a trade.

Last edited:

Why would a top 3 star player in the league stay with a team thats not gonna get help to win a chip, aint that what all Superstars want the CHIP...Gotta understand man the NBA is about the BIG CITY and $$$$$$ OKC doesnt fall into those equations....You go to LA, CHI,NYC,MIA,DAL I bet a lot of players would join ya to form a squad as for OKC i highly doubt that at the end of the day its a BUSINESS!!!!! Dont wanna end your career w/o chip, i understand KD is a loyal guy but you gotta look out for yourself.
Lets not forget Westbrook is from LA, and you can already see Kobe lobbying for him :nerd:

Last edited:
Just an observation, but I think it's pretty obvious that KD is trying to mimic Lebron more this season. He's been trying to be more of an "all-around" type of cat for his team. Don't get me wrong, he's doing a good job at it , but I think it's just taking him out of his game even more. I've seen some OKC games this year where he's just passive. It's kind of like he's forcing it.

Shoeking is right. KD would do best as the 2nd guy off the bench. Why would you want a guy who is putting up MVP numbers and is the 2nd best player in the league as your number one option? Recipe for disaster.

Riley is on the phone already

First off, that's not to say that I don't think Durant isn't a viable first option. Like I said, there are several times where I feel like Westbrook is a more viable option down the stretch than Durant. Durant as a number one option i'm not too hot on. Westbrook + Durant with Westbrook being the guy down the stretch of games against the elite? That I can get jiggy with.

As of right now? CP3, Kobe, A healthy Dwight, Tony Parker, TD, a few others, they are all great first options. But really Lebron. And really, that's all that matters because only one team can win the championship. Year in and Year out Lebron is who I would pick as far as winning a title as a first option.
A+

They handed over their second best player. They don't really have any business "sustaining."

But they still might, anyway.
I would've amnestied Perk & ran with a bunch of vet min guys on the bench if I needed to instead of moving Harden.

Last edited:
Imo KD not winning a title as a first option isn't that far fetched. Could see it happening because he's a great talent, but it isn't far fetched by any means. Against elite teams down the stretch his quality of shots aren't as good and he's constantly getting pushed far out beyond his initial position. I notice that and im a KD fan. That alone suggest he might not have the disposition of a healthy dirk, Kobe, Lebron, Shaq in his day etc to win a title as a first option. I can't think of any #1 guys on championship teams who allow that to happen to them. They all get easier shots than Durant. Durant has struggled with that since he's been in the L. He's young though.

As far as russell goes is he a better player or option than Durant ? Probably not. But Durant night in night out gets the best defender. For the reasons stated above, Russell may be a better option down the stretch. His ability coupled with the best defender being on Durant suggest that he'd probably get a higher percentage shot. No one really stops Russel from getting a quality look other than his decision making at times. A ring with KD as your first option ? That can happen but down the stretch and the last 5 minutes who could get a more quality look for themselves or others against a Miami or San Antonio is debatable at least.
If Westbrook leaves

where do you think westbrook's going?
I could see mark toss him some money to come to Dallas but Westbrook is not going to the Lakers. Jim is not that crazy... dude would have to improve a lot on his ball iq and decision making for that to happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom