Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs waived stephen jackson?

Lot...lotta teams coulda used a Capt. Jack...

I dont know how to feel right now. I want this to be basketball related, I NEED it to be. Hes had too rough of a year for more weight on his heart.

He might be declining quite a bit but he still made things tough on Durant (probably more so than Kawhi) last year and now they have no back up SF on their roster. If you're trying to beat OKC or Miami..that's not ideal.

I can't imagine it could have been related to basketball.

It wasn't.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2m
Source on Spurs release of Stephen Jackson: "It's been brewing for a few days."

Short of murder or rape I'm not sure what he could have done to get thrown off a a week before the playoffs. It seems idiotic for a franchise known for being the opposite.

Last edited:
Coming from a Knicks fan, I would love to see Woodson win CotY or Melo win MVP, but I dont think either would happen. I don't think Woodson deserves it as much as Mark Jackson or Thibs. Maybe I'm just frustrated with his lack of in-game roster adjustments :lol:

Melo is the only reason why the Knicks are #2 in the East and I personally think he is more valuable to the Knicks than Lebron is to the Heat but Lebron's #s are so :x :x. They just HAVE to give it to him.

6th Man of the Year has to be JR Smith though. Statistically speaking he's doing more than Jamal Crawford (Less efficient on the scoring side) but from what I can see, plays better defense than Jamal Crawford.

Last edited:
Damn now he's ineligible to play in the postseason. the deadline passed a while ago too. that's messed up, San Antonio.

And I'm also not sure why they got rid of their backup SF with Durant looming. He forced Durant to make a lot of tough jumpers last year & he's still a solid defender

Last edited:
It seems idiotic for a franchise known for being the opposite.

Crazy. The Spurs are usually the picture of stability. Last team I would expect to have a significant personnel shake up right before the playoffs. I don't think it will impact their on-court play much, but I guess we'll see.

What "menacing gesture" did Durant get fined for?
I know they didn't fine him for that little celebration..

Oh yea, the throat slash has been outlawed for a while now. It was a few years back when dudes were doing it all the time and the league cracked down. I guess KD forgot.

Tempted to make a Brandon Knight is Horrible thread ala Zyzz, but don't want to be proven wrong 2 years later when he starts balling like Wall. 
laugh.gif

I have to much respect for Pop to question a decision.

But Stephen Jackson? Really bro?

They had to get at each other for this to happen. Can't be a basketball reason. Man the Spurs are messing my head up right now, the West just becomes more wide open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom